• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

Just now, poundaway said:

And that's what it comes down to. You aren't waiting for some evidence to change your mind.  You've already made it up, as you've said from the beginning.

There is no evidence on this earth that would get you to say the Rock Hill caused the end of the project.  Even if York county called you on the phone and said "Rock Hill killed the project", or Rock Hill came out and said "We f'd up and killed the project"...you wouldn't believe it.  You'd say Tepper paid them to say it.

I am waiting on it to all get sorted it all boss.  Blaming them all until someone is proven not to deserve blame.  Because everyone is finger pointing.  Everyone is accused of playing a role in botching it. 

what I am not willing to do is believe any of these clowns immediately after the thing blows up lol.   I think they are all lairs telling half truths.  That’s generally how it goes. 

what you are doing is choosing to believe  the billionaire coming out of the gate as the one truthful voice lol

* I’ve literally always said Rock Hill was at fault lol.  And I’ve always said people should hold them accountable for their part in the nightmare.  How big of percentage they were isn’t really known and won’t be for some time.   But that’s big picture.  They should be held accountable regardless. 

I’ve blasted McMaster.  I’ve blasted Rock Hill. I’ve blasted York County.  I’ve blasted Tepper.  Everyone involved. 

feel free to respond. But I’m moving on from the over the top Tepper/Rhule brigade at this point. 

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

I am waiting on it to all get sorted it all boss.  Blaming them all until someone is proven not to deserve blame.  Because everyone is finger pointing.  Everyone is accused of playing a role in botching it. 

what I am not willing to do is believe any of these clowns immediately after the thing blows up lol.   I think they are all lairs telling half truths.  That’s generally how it goes. 

what you are doing is choosing to believe  the billionaire coming out of the gate as the one truthful voice lol

* I’ve literally always said Rock Hill was at fault lol.  And I’ve always said people should hold them accountable for their part in the nightmare.  How big of percentage they were isn’t really known and won’t be for some time.   But that’s big picture.  They should be held accountable regardless. 

I’ve blasted McMaster.  I’ve blasted Rock Hill. I’ve blasted York County.  I’ve blasted Tepper.  Everyone involved. 

feel free to respond. But I’m moving on from the over the top Tepper/Rhule brigade at this point. 

See?  Its still fun replying to me.

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

And that's what it comes down to. You aren't waiting for some evidence to change your mind.  You've already made it up, as you've said from the beginning.

There is no evidence on this earth that would get you to say the Rock Hill caused the end of the project.  Even if York county called you on the phone and said "Rock Hill killed the project", or Rock Hill came out and said "We f'd up and killed the project"...you wouldn't believe it.  You'd say Tepper paid them to say it.

Bingo 👊.

Give the guy credit though, does have a singular focus that is amazing, reminiscent of Raymond Babbit 🙌.

York Co. did accuse Tepper of some things, but submarining the project isn’t one of them.  

In fact York Co. makes a point to show on multiple occasions Tepper & Co. went out of their way pivot and try to keep the project on the rails…but the City of Rock Hill blew it. 

York Co. is 💯 laying the derailment of the project at the feet of the City of Rock Hill…

…the only reason the Tepper related parties are named is they are seen as politically convenient deep pockets to fleece, will be interesting to see how the 16th Judicial Circuit Court of SC reacts 🧐

Anyone notice who didn’t get sued? 🤔 

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

53 minutes ago, CRA said:

I just don’t understand where all this “woah woah let’s all slow down and wait for the full story to come out” energy was when Tepper fired the Charlotte FC coach. You were one of the first reactionaries to jump in and throw some snarky comment in. And then you sat back while everyone carried on for 10 pages of “The Roast of David Tepper”. It was incredibly obvious there was more to that firing behind the scenes but you didn’t seem very interested in that case. At least be consistent.

Please spare us both the grandstanding platitudes of “corrupt evil billionaires blah blah” because I don’t have any love for Tepper. I’m just curious what your reasoning is for wildly different approaches to these two stories.

• Flames 2

27 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I just don’t understand where all this “woah woah let’s all slow down and wait for the full story to come out” energy was when Tepper fired the Charlotte FC coach. You were one of the first reactionaries to jump in and throw some snarky comment in. And then you sat back while everyone carried on for 10 pages of “The Roast of David Tepper”. It was incredibly obvious there was more to that firing behind the scenes but you didn’t seem very interested in that case. At least be consistent.

Please spare us both the grandstanding platitudes of “corrupt evil billionaires blah blah” because I don’t have any love for Tepper. I’m just curious what your reasoning is for wildly different approaches to these two stories.

Are you comparing a botched nearly billion dollar construction project….with the firing of a coach midseason (in the teams first year of existence) that was pushing for a playoff spot?  I don’t view those as comparable.  That’s my reasoning.   

Tepper can fire a coach.  He did.  He simply opted not to share why.  It’s was out of the blue and the team was performing well. Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to give a snarky comment to.  Especially after the firing where they had and press conference to address the firing and refused to answer a single question lol. 

Tepper Sports doesn’t seem to be  a smooth running operation presently.  But that’s probably being a big ole meanie to the billionaire if I say that. 

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Are you comparing a botched nearly billion dollar construction project….with the firing of a coach midseason (in the teams first year of existence) that was pushing for a playoff spot?  I don’t view those as comparable.  That’s my reasoning.   

Tepper can fire a coach.  He did.  He simply opted not to share why.  It’s was out of the blue and the team was performing well. Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to give a snarky comment to.  Especially after the firing where they had and press conference to address the firing and refused to answer a single question lol. 

Tepper Sports doesn’t seem to be  a smooth running operation presently.  But that’s probably being a big ole meanie to the billionaire if I say that. 

You keep saying you're done here, and you just keep coming back.

Link to York Co. legal-doc for anyone who might be interested:  

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:504b366a-ab8b-33d0-8def-03f0cacdd9d7#pageNum=1

Interestingly GT Real Estate Holdings, the entity incorporated in Delaware to be the LLP for the Rock Hill project, is not named as a defendant.

This is an end-run by York Co. in an attempt to attach to other Tepper assets outside of GT R/E Holdings.

There are some who expect the Tepper related portions to be tossed immediately…

…but if there one certainty about the SC courts, it’s that a lot of funny business goes on 🤦‍♂️.

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

19 hours ago, CRA said:

Lol oh well, I tried.

Of course they're comparable, with respect to being two completely out-of-left-field, sudden, gigantic, perplexing, significantly impactful moves for Charlotte sports that clearly had a shroud of behind-the-scenes mystique and obfuscation.  Can you explain a little more why one warrants a "wait-and-see" approach and the other one warrants a rash and impulsive response?  Simply saying "because they're different" is a meaningless rationale.

IMO it's pretty clear the difference here is that you're going to always take the position that is least charitable and in direct opposition to Tepper.  Which is honestly fine and you can argue that it's justified, given Tepper's failures so far which don't really afford him much charitability when there are a ton of question marks. I'd respect it if you came out and said that outright.  But instead, you seem to want to present yourself as this enlightened bastion of objectivity and levelheadedness when I suspect you're just as emotional and biased and reactionary as the average Huddler.  Which again, is fine and justified since we're all fans at the end of the day.  It takes a lot of discipline to be able to remove your fandom from the equation and evaluate these kinds of things from an objective viewpoint.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Seems pretty clear RH was dragging their feet on the bonds… this whole thing is a mess but that’s the central issue.

If it was enough to terminate the project, my question is why Tepper would agree to the “reasonable best effort” language in the contract… that language in a contract should be a huge red flag.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

Seems pretty clear RH was dragging their feet on the bonds… this whole thing is a mess but that’s the central issue.

If it was enough to terminate the project, my question is why Tepper would agree to the “reasonable best effort” language in the contract… that language in a contract should be a huge red flag.

My guess, Tepper was willing to work with them on this.  But when they missed the first deadline, then the second deadline, then accepted York county's help then declined York county's help, Tepper was thinking, do I want to be dealing with this people going forward?  They can't be trusted.  So he pulled the plug.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1