• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davos' Panthers Plan + Mock Draft

davos

Addendum:

Cross is the hot name this weekend.  Is he truly ahead of Neal and Ekwonu for teams? Could be that pick at #5 for NYG.  There are a lot of rumblings w/NYG in general, they're playing games right now because of having us sandwiched/as a trade spot.  That sequence of 3 picks 5-7 will shape the entire draft.

I wanted to put Quay Walker in here but couldn't find the spot.

Doubling down on:

-Sauce & Stingley Top-5

-Jameson Williams Top-10

-Jermaine Johnson over Thib at 4

-Paschal in the 1st

-Karlaftis to NE.  I just really sense this one.

My best guesses for trades:

-Philly actually trading up for Garrett Wilson (or a DL) ahead of rivals/other needy clubs (NYG, NYJ, ATL, WAS).  I tried to make the mock without trades but I see him as super coveted.  Pairing what I've seen in interviews with his nonstop star performances, I think teams are ALL over the kid.  I see us or Seattle as their trade partners.  He's like Kupp meets Jefferson.  I know, high praise.  But those are the players putting their teams in position to win these days.

-Tying in with that, Seattle trading down.  I think this is around where the major tier drops if you don't need a WR.

-Vikings trading down.  I don't think their needs align with the top talent.   They're also in an odd spot if there's no good secondary or edge left by 12.  That 12 spot and the 2 DTs are going to be targets.  It's otherwise a BAD interior DL class and there's two clear dudes at the top.  The teams in need are late-teens to mid-20s.  

On 4/23/2022 at 1:59 PM, jb2288 said:
On 4/23/2022 at 1:55 PM, davos said:

I think Cross could happen and him that low is not indicative of his rank. There may be truth to him at #1 on the Giants board. Both him and Ickey check a lot of boxes. Just depends on what you want out of the gate. Think Ickey will have the best blend of power and technique over time if he stays on his trajectory. Seems really built to handle modern DEs.

Yeah, cross is my run away #1 I’d love if he fell to us. Feels like he’s also the best pure LT, but I will admit an SEC West LT playing in a pass first offense gives me PTSD

SO, if the giants take Cross at #5, do we take Neal instead of Ickey? I know you said Neal was plug and play at RT, but he started all over that Bama line RG to RT to LT. I feel that he's P&P at either tackle spot, and probably grades out ahead of Ickey.

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

SO, if the giants take Cross at #5, do we take Neal instead of Ickey? I know you said Neal was plug and play at RT, but he started all over that Bama line RG to RT to LT. I feel that he's P&P at either tackle spot, and probably grades out ahead of Ickey.

I hope we would, I'm a bit weary of " still needs to develop pass protection" scouting reports.

• Beer 1

On 4/23/2022 at 2:01 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

Keep hearing NYG and CAR connected to Mississippi St OT Charles Cross. It’s lying season so take it FWIW. If true, NYG should take Cross at 5, knowing CAR is likely to go OT or QB at 6. Then NYG gets same EDGE at 7 as it would’ve gotten at 5. Only potential flaw = CAR trading 6.

— Todd McShay (@McShay13) April 23, 2022

I've been saying this for...um, MONTHS now.  Even if they have the DL guy rated higher than Ekwonu or Cross, they know we are hard up for LT so it makes no sense for them to wait until #7 knowing we are going to take either of those guys.  They take the LT (even if their board isn't stacked as such) and come back to the DL knowing he'll still be there.

22 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

It's all over the place this week, but I take Neal all day.  Still a chance Neal could go #1.  JAX needs to help Trevor all they can because he didn't just look bad because of his colleagues and coaching last season.  He's not quite what the media hyped him up to be IMO.

Overall, I'm still flirting with the idea of Garret Wilson as I truly think he's a Chase/Jefferson/Kupp level impact guy.  I just think you're setting a QB up for success (whoever it is) if you're handing them CMC, DJ Moore and Garrett Wilson.    

But to the point 1. Neal 2A/B. Ickey/Cross

4 minutes ago, davos said:

It's all over the place this week, but I take Neal all day.  Still a chance Neal could go #1.  JAX needs to help Trevor all they can because he didn't just look bad because of his colleagues and coaching last season.  He's not quite what the media hyped him up to be IMO.

Overall, I'm still flirting with the idea of Garret Wilson as I truly think he's a Chase/Jefferson/Kupp level impact guy.  I just think you're setting a QB up for success (whoever it is) if you're handing them CMC, DJ Moore and Garrett Wilson.    

But to the point 1. Neal 2A/B. Ickey/Cross

Garret Wilson to the Panthers would be the shock of the first round. No one anywhere has that as a possibility.

Just now, Jaxel said:

Garret Wilson to the Panthers would be the shock of the first round. No one anywhere has that as a possibility.

I've seen enough reports about his stock flying high, he obviously interviews fantastic if you've caught any of his vids or pro-day, and his play is just downright dirty.  The control he has at such a high in-game speed is not normal. 

In a league driven by offense, he's the biggest offensive boost in this entire draft.   He will be a surprise early pick, maybe not by us, but could be a trade up for Philly as I'm predicting or maybe another team who sneaks ahead of ATL.  I DO NOT want him in Atlanta.  

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, davos said:

I've seen enough reports about his stock flying high, he obviously interviews fantastic if you've caught any of his vids or pro-day, and his play is just downright dirty.  The control he has at such a high in-game speed is not normal. 

In a league driven by offense, he's the biggest offensive boost in this entire draft.   He will be a surprise early pick, maybe not by us, but could be a trade up for Philly as I'm predicting or maybe another team who sneaks ahead of ATL.  I DO NOT want him in Atlanta.  

Having him as WR1 and DJ as WR1a would be filthy if we can find a QB. I'm over RA and don't know what to make of TMJ. Still want a LT, if the right one is available.