• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik WIllis

janderson20vt

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Your very child like I went to your profile and you have done nothing but poo everyone that spoke on willis that didn't think he was trash. I really can't talk to a person like you.

Fine by me I spend most of my time in the hockey forum...rooting for a team that actually wins.

Good luck with your Malik Willis fantasy.

7 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I agree. But on the filp side if you can make every throw and it's the second round or later I don't see a downside at all. You have your Left tackle, Tepper has given you the vote of confidence. I'm sure they are weighing the risk as we speak. Sadly, we don't have the assets to move up into the the early second round. 

I don't see how a team like the lions or seahawks pass on him in the second again.

Seahawks run the same kind of scheme we do. Lions? I don't know.

Not sure where they pick, but honestly the first team who comes to mind that's likely running the kind of playbook Willis would work best in is Rivera's Washington team with Scott Turner at OC.

Heaven knows Rivera's familiar with that style of play.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Seahawks run the same kind of scheme we do. Lions? I don't know.

Not sure where they pick, but honestly the first team who comes to mind that's likely running the kind of playbook Willis would work best in is Rivera's Washington team with Scott Turner at OC.

Heaven knows Rivera's familiar with that style of play.

Schemes can change in one offseason. If the guy has the tools and mental capacity to learn said scheme and your plan is to develop him anyway, why let that stop you from trying to unearth gold? The good offensive cordinators adjust to what a quarterback can do and build on that foundation. Chances are if you draft Willis he will be around longer than say Rhule.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Schemes can change in one offseason. If the guy has the tools and mental capacity to learn said scheme and your plan is to develop him anyway, why let that stop you from trying to unearth gold? The good offensive cordinators adjust to what a quarterback can do and build on that foundation. Chances are if you draft Willis he will be around longer than say Rhule.

This forum needs a laughing emoji reaction.

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Schemes don't generally change unless someone gets fired.

Nobody's making draft plans around the notion that they might get fired.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Schemes don't generally change unless someone gets fired.

Nobody's making draft plans around the notion that they might get fired.

On the contrary we changed our scheme from a 4-3 to a 3-4 in riveras last season. A coach that has experience in multiple schemes might make such a change. 

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

On the contrary we changed our scheme from a 4-3 to a 3-4 in riveras last season. A coach that has experience in multiple schemes might make such a change. 

That was on defense, and on Tepper's suggestion (didn't go particularly well).

Changing offenses is waaaay more complicated than changing defensive alignments.

Really don't see McAdoo switching just to take a second round quarterback.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Changing offenses is waaaay more complicated than changing defensive alignments.

The point was scheme changes happen. Even if slightly.. I think chuds version of the air Coryell was more dynamic than say norvs version. I also don't think Willis is anyone more pigeon toed into a scheme as the rest of the qbs left in the draft. If he is a Coryell dependent qb so would ridder, Howell, and corral I believe.

That said I think you just add in some plays you know he can run and develop him from there. In that aspect he runs very well so throw in some read options rpos and that gives you a higher floor because we know he can do that than any other qb in this draft and bring him along the rest of the way. That's my thinking.

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Another point about scheme is it didn't stop us from requiring cam last season who is vastly different scheme wise from darnold or the patriots who acquired Newton who have never run anything like the system cam has run before. Scheme is important but football still fundamentally is played 11 on 11 and the best guys win. Adapt.