• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(*probably fake news*) Panthers turned down a trade offer last night.

ncfan

10 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Shouldn't take 3 seasons for a top 10 defensive tackle to figure it out.  This isn't a quarterback.  The average career length is 3.3 years.

What does he need to figure out??

How to make Whitehead and JC look like Kuckely??

Well that ain't never going to happen..

Just now, amcoolio said:

Alexander was also wildly wildly off on his mock draft the day before the draft, so who knows how much he really knows. Panthers also probably doing damage control in denying it

He is not the only person saying this..

And some of yau'll need to stop taking news reports from national writers as gospel over the beat writers with the team every day...

I know Waltersfootball got some cult following now.. But this is the 2nd story that has been controversial coming from that site..

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'd add, who wasn't off in mocking this draft?

Nobody saw the picks falling this way.

Um. The guy who reported this story! That is what we are arguing about! lol. He had the first 10 picks correct until trades happened. Also said last year we were locked in on Horn a month before the draft when our "knowledgeable local beat writers" had no earthly idea and were shocked

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He is not the only person saying this..

And some of yau'll need to stop taking news reports from national writers as gospel over the beat writers with the team every day...

I know Waltersfootball got some cult following now.. But this is the 2nd story that has been controversial coming from that site..

I don't take them as gospel but when a guy repeatedly gets Panthers draft plans correct and says during the draft "the Panthers passed on Slater because of his arms and didn't think he was a tackle" and then a year later Rhule says the same thing verbatim, you have to listen to what he has to say

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I don't take them as gospel but when a guy repeatedly gets Panthers draft plans correct and says during the draft "the Panthers passed on Slater because of his arms and didn't think he was a tackle" and then a year later Rhule says the same thing verbatim, you have to listen to what he has to say

1st Waltersfootball been around since 1999.. They have been more accurate (draft wise) the last 3 years but the 20 before were rough..

2. Draft picking and actually team reporting is 2 different things..

3. Kiper or Mcshay aren't reporting on Trades.. 

If you want reporting on the actual team you go to the Beat reporters ... Who are with the team and have way more sources in the building then a website..

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

1st Waltersfootball been around since 1999.. They have been more accurate (draft wise) the last 3 years but the 20 before were rough..

2. Draft picking and actually team reporting is 2 different things..

3. Kiper or Mcshay aren't reporting on Trades.. 

If you want reporting on the actual team you go to the Beat reporters ... Who are with the team and have way more sources in the building then a website..

Walter is an idiot, but Charlie who he employs is more knowledgeable on our inner workings than any of the beat writers right now. Honestly Charlie needs to be hired by one of the bigger guys 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd add, who wasn't off in mocking this draft?

Nobody saw the picks falling this way.

The best mock I saw actually came from a friend of mine who has a source in the Panthers organization (rarely divulges info) and his day job is a pastor lol…. Only one that I saw to have Ekwonu falling (he actually had him all the way down to the Seahawks) and thought we would go Cross because of his pass protection. Also the only person I saw to have Willis fall out of the first. He nailed the top 10 outside of switching Ekwonu and Cross around.

Crazy how wrong everyone was this year.

Just now, amcoolio said:

Walter is an idiot, but Charlie who he employs is more knowledgeable on our inner workings than any of the beat writers right now. Honestly Charlie needs to be hired by one of the bigger guys 

What??

Other than draft stuff..

What other stories has Charlie Campbell broken about the Panthers??