• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

iamhubby1

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

• NO.
    • MAYBE. After all, we are still young.
    • YES

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, getting hype about Ben McAdoo shouldn’t really be a thing the way I look at it.  Getting hype about McAdoo really speaks more about where the current leadership has taken us prior to his arrival. 

That's not the point. If I gave you 5 minutes. Could you come up with anything positive? 

When was the last time you remember posting anything positive? Yet, you post negative stuff all day. 5 times in this thread alone, you responded to folks with negative, and even snarky comments.

I should have never responded to you. I will endeavor to be more aware in the future.

20 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You just described a young team. Which we are. So you see a bright future? As long as we don't wait too long for that QB that is?

Pretty much how I see it. A good QB and we can kick that door down. Get some experience, and full speed ahead.

Its headed in the right direction, nearly all the talent here is 26 or below. Not too worried about QB spot, next year is another (well lining up) QB draft and the free agent pool have plenty of interesting names..... Plus I have not fully tossed Darnold in the trash. I fuging hate this microwave type of living now, about 'I need it RIGHT NOW!!". Corral is here and has a skill set that can translate into a legit NFL QB.

One of my main deals is Im all for DL. I want to feel better about it than I do, awful young.....need some young players to ascend and help Burns who needs help on stopping the run.... Id hope Rhule signed a younger DL coach given the group, I doubt the DL coach doesnt step down while in the burg....hes done it before. 

I do really like the team speed, I think its the fastest 53 or 90 in the league. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

TBD. We improved the offensive line but the group will need time to gel and we need to see how our depth holds up too. Whichever QB starts will have weapons no doubt. The other side of the ball is where things get iffy for me. Horn is promising but he is basically a rookie all over again after missing most of last season. Henderson is still an unknown at best and Donte Jackson had a rough go of it last season and needs a bounce back year. At LB beyond Shaq we need someone to step forward in a big way. We also need another pass rusher if I'm being honest. Burns still has plenty to prove as a young DE and he definitely needs someone on the other end taking care of business. Chinn is good we hope he takes another step. It's hard to shake the sight of our defense being ran over and pushed around last year I'm going to need to see some games in preseason to feel better about where this roster is at. We've talked ourselves up before camp in the past only to be brought back down to Earth. August will tell us what we need to know.

I think you are close. That front 7 is my only worry. However, there is talent there. We just need for some growth. Last year we were 9th in yards per carry. If we can stay around there we should be good.

The pass rush scares me. But we do have talent.

Other than QB, I think we have a good roster. C'mon Matt

31 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I truly admire your commitment to your cause. The excitement level around here is rising. You've made it your personal mission to make sure folks don't get too excited.

I usually root for the underdog, so I guess I should root for you.

It was rising last year as well

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

That's not the point. If I gave you 5 minutes. Could you come up with anything positive? 

When was the last time you remember posting anything positive? Yet, you post negative stuff all day. 5 times in this thread alone, you responded to folks with negative, and even snarky comments.

I should have never responded to you. I will endeavor to be more aware in the future.

Thanks. 

and I’m super hype about Corral. Icky.  Horn hopefully getting a full season.  Basically about seeing and watching everyone that has long term potential.

I simply think we have an issue with our coaching staff and owner.   And you are unwilling to accept people have that stance and that it becomes relevant in conversation. 

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

He is being a realist

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Its headed in the right direction, nearly all the talent here is 26 or below. Not too worried about QB spot, next year is another (well lining up) QB draft and the free agent pool have plenty of interesting names..... Plus I have not fully tossed Darnold in the trash. I fuging hate this microwave type of living now, about 'I need it RIGHT NOW!!". Corral is here and has a skill set that can translate into a legit NFL QB.

One of my main deals is Im all for DL. I want to feel better about it than I do, awful young.....need some young players to ascend and help Burns who needs help on stopping the run.... Id hope Rhule signed a younger DL coach given the group, I doubt the DL doesnt step down while in the burg....hes done it before. 

I do really like the team speed, I think its the fastest 53 or 90 in the league. 

Pass rush is my only Defensive scare. But there is talent there. If the yearly growth model works? We should be at least a little better.

QB is the big Question. If it works out this year. Hurrah. If it doesn't? Well, let's keep swinging.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Thanks. 

and I’m super hype about Corral. Icky.  Horn hopefully getting a full season.  Basically about seeing and watching everyone that has long term potential.

I simply think we have an issue with our coaching staff and owner.   And you are unwilling to accept people have that stance and that it becomes relevant in conversation. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He is being a realist

It's one thing to be a realist. It is another when you constantly harp on the negative. You lose your audience when you over saturate.

I'm done. Harp away. It's is after all a free world.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

There are 3 people that use this phrase. I am not certain that any of you know how goofy is sounds.

Just now, Happy Panther said:

QB - Maybe

LT - Probably

EDGE - Yes

Shutdown corner - Likely

WR - Yes

RB - Yes

So if Icky is a day one started then yes we could be solid if our QB can produce.

No denying the science behind that logic. lol   

14 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Pass rush is my only Defensive scare. But there is talent there. If the yearly growth model works? We should be at least a little better.

QB is the big Question. If it works out this year. Hurrah. If it doesn't? Well, let's keep swinging.

I honestly need to go back and watch some more Baylor games and focus on the DL. I think Snow is going to push more of it this year and I dont know if this DL can do what is needed.

QB, I mean Rhule had made big mistakes here*BUT* You know Stafford, Watson, and Wilson were all big targets and Stafford deal already had paperwork being process. They have tried, just been turned down too. I already said how nice it would be if a another Jake happened, that was so magical looking back. 

Im mainly "fine" with the QB deal cause of all the success Mccadoo had. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1