• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's Christian McCaffrey up to?

7 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

We can all go back and read the dialogue, my guy.

Not sure why you hate the guy. Sucks we don’t have a prime Newton anymore but CMC is our best player when utilized appropriately. Get over it.

I don't. I'm simply taking a non-homer view of this. You're just a blind homer. It's fine. If we traded him you'd be celebrating and spiking the football about how we ripped some team off trading them damaged goods because that's the homer take. 

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

You're getting emotional because everyone else isn't joining in on your dickriding. Soon enough our best player will be our QB again because that's how teams win in the NFL. I hope you will be able to handle that.

If the rookie turns out to be our franchise guy I’ll be excited for him and the team. If he is the best player on the field even better. That’s what separates me from some of you is that I can look at these things objectively. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't. I'm simply taking a non-homer view of this. You're just a blind homer. It's fine. If we traded him you'd be celebrating and spiking the football about how we ripped some team off trading them damaged goods because that's the homer take. 

I was actually one of the few against trading him as I don’t see him as “damaged goods.”

None of his injuries were “season ending” so they can’t be super serious so no reason he’d be washed up, right?

1 minute ago, frankw said:

You're getting emotional because everyone else isn't joining in on your dickriding. Soon enough our best player will be our QB again because that's how teams win in the NFL. I hope you will be able to handle that.

lol. Maybe we can disperse with the Personal Attacks. 

16 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I was actually one of the few against trading him as I don’t see him as “damaged goods.”

None of his injuries were “season ending” so they can’t be super serious so no reason he’d be washed up, right?

I was against trading him simply because his value with a huge contract and two injury riddled years is probably extremely low. Better off keeping him and hoping he gets over it.

24 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

lol. Maybe we can disperse with the Personal Attacks. 

49 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

This place is nice for information and discussion every now and then but could be a lot better without a few of these dildos. 

I'm sure you just mistakenly skipped over this.

Bravo Tv Side Eye GIF

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Personal attack requires a personal message. I was discussing said dildos with him. Not directly calling someone a dildo.

Well TBF, he needed to come in and make sure you knew he knew that you were being emotional. If you think about it, he was trying to build you up, not put you down.  

Nah, he mad at you. lol

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

You know people can see your post history right? Enjoy your evening hubs 🤪

Deflect, and attack. Rinse and repeat.

You spent the first year here being all DR. Phil on everyone. Telling anyone who would listen that they needed to calm down, everything will be all right. 

Now you have evolved into this. lol It's okay. You are not the only one in the Cult of Negativity.

9 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Deflect, and attack. Rinse and repeat.

You spent the first year here being all DR. Phil on everyone. Telling anyone who would listen that they needed to calm down, everything will be all right. 

Now you have evolved into this. lol It's okay. You are not the only one in the Cult of Negativity.

Tell us again about Jim harbaugh

On 5/21/2022 at 12:00 PM, TheCasillas said:

Id love to see what supporting evidence you have make this claim accurate. It seems that you are operating off of the assumption that these players would not replace all of those football hours, which would be in the 10s of thousands, with any other proffession training, education, or in field experience.

These are no different that any of us, and we (most of us) have careers in a wide variety of fields, so why wouldn't they? They had different paths to their jobs, but it doesnt mean that they couldnt have ended up in a completely diffferent professional space if they made one decision differently. Look at Laurent Duvernay-Tardif... he is a doctor first, and pro football player second...  that alone destroys your narrative of "nothing else they can do"

Also, if you think NFL players make "that kind of money," then you should read up on how the salaries really work out for these players. Kids come into the league broke, and leave the league broke more often than not. Over 60% of NFL players dont even get a 2nd contract, and over 15% of the entire league makes less than 200k over their entire NFL career (thanks to the new practice squad system). 

The average working american makes more money than the average NFL player does over their career. There is data to support that. Here is some math to help out:

The average NFL players career lasts 3.3 years with an average salary of 860k, and since their tax bracket is of the highest, they are taxed 37% of their total income. These contracts do NOT include any long term benefits, retirement benefits, or disability and life insurance. Those all cost separate. 

So with that, lets just leave out cost benefits, and go with salary post tax... That means the average NFL player takes home 541k per year. So after their average duration of their career an NFL player will make 1.8milion dollars. 

Now, lets take the average working american, with NO college degree. They average 41k in the USA for their salary. The average working American works 44 total years, and accrues benefits, and typically recieves a 20% pay raise every 4.1 years. However, for this example I am going to stay flat on career earnings for a working American. The tax bracket for these individuals is the lowest and are only taxed 10%. 

So with that, an average american would make 1.6million dollars over their career not including any pay raises, career transitions, benefits, or retirement. If you add a degree (which all nfl players have) then the average working american will make over 2 million dollars during their career.

There is a false belief that NFL players make more money during their careers than successful working americans. Its simply not true. The NFL is a cruel place for these players, and the NFLPA needs to do more. 

So your comment about "there is nothing else they can do to make that kind of money".. its wrong. Having a stable career in one of the hundreds of fields that net you decent to above average money, will have you much better off than the average NFL player over the long term. 

Bonus note: My company is paying kids out of college at a starting salary of 80k with bonuses. If thats their starting point, then their end point will be over the 10s of millions during their careers.

NFL guys make it in 3 years.  Takes working man a lifetime.  This is what your missing.  Imagine having that kind of head start.