• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 6 Canes @ Rangers 8PM

Harbingers

4 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

It would probably help if our goalie could stop shots that 99% of other pro goalies would easily handle. I think if he had done that we would have scored first and maybe could have won last night. The rest of the team came out looking good but Raanta basically handed them the game 10 minutes in when it was 2-0.

Our team was looking really good in the first before those 2 goals. 
Then Raanta Raantaed and allowed 2 softies and that was that. 
All air gone. This team can not deal with adversity on the road. 
If we have of scored 2 goals on those good chance in the 1st before the 1st Ranger goal I think Raanta may of been fine. 
This goalie and team are momentum based and when that is gone that is it. It is so Carolina. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

I think he is overworked and exhausted.

That doesn’t really make sense considering it’s been night and day at home. I think he’s just an average player who is overperforming with the support of a good home crowd. When he goes on the road in the playoffs all the flaws and shortcomings start to show. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

That doesn’t really make sense considering it’s been night and day at home. I think he’s just an average player who is overperforming with the support of a good home crowd. When he goes on the road in the playoffs all the flaws and shortcomings start to show. 

Watch his glove had last night. Compared to games 1-2. He’s tired as fug. Raanta knows what he has to do to make the save his body just isn’t working. 

That said so is Igor, but not on the same level. As he’s got 10 years junior on Raanta. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Eh, I remember at least one goal at home that was rather questionable.  I think it was a five-hole.  Remember, he's never had this kind of workload consistently before.  The defense was also a lot better in game 5 vs 6.

We consistently continue to have moments where we almost score like an Aho breakaway and not converting on them continues to cost us games, and continues to ultimately place too much pressure on Raanta and the d to hold.

I will once again beg the hockey gods for the good Canes to show up Monday...but I think Tampa after two seven game series is too much for this year's roster to handle.

And believe you me, after all the Tom Brady bullshit and the Lightning's cap shenanigans and cheating, I'd love nothing more than anything in the world to stick the stake into the heart of their undead Cup hopes this year and put them in the coffin where they so richly deserve and belong, but we would need to play at an upper echelon level we have not consistently been at since the ASB.

10 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

Eh, I remember at least one goal at home that was rather questionable.  I think it was a five-hole.  Remember, he's never had this kind of workload consistently before.  The defense was also a lot better in game 5 vs 6.

We consistently continue to have moments where we almost score like an Aho breakaway and not converting on them continues to cost us games, and continues to ultimately place too much pressure on Raanta and the d to hold.

I will once again beg the hockey gods for the good Canes to show up Monday...but I think Tampa after two seven game series is too much for this year's roster to handle.

And believe you me, after all the Tom Brady bullshit and the Lightning's cap shenanigans and cheating, I'd love nothing more than anything in the world to stick the stake into the heart of their undead Cup hopes this year and put them in the coffin where they so richly deserve and belong, but we would need to play at an upper echelon level we have not consistently been at since the ASB.

We win tmrw…we have home ice advantage vs Tampa. We win at home. 

• Flames 1

11 hours ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

Games 1 and 2 - raanta was very good at home. Game 5 - definitely could have done better on the PP goal and lucked out on the offsides goal.

Honestly, we have no choice to go with raanta game 7. Hopefully Freddie is healthy enough for the Tampa series if we luck out and win.

If we forecheck like game 5 and dominate TOA, we will win. If we have brain farts on defense and give up a lot of odd man breaks like last game, we better pray

9 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Games 1 and 2 - raanta was very good at home. Game 5 - definitely could have done better on the PP goal and lucked out on the offsides goal.

Honestly, we have no choice to go with raanta game 7. Hopefully Freddie is healthy enough for the Tampa series if we luck out and win.

If we forecheck like game 5 and dominate TOA, we will win. If we have brain farts on defense and give up a lot of odd man breaks like last game, we better pray

Defense absolutely has to step up as does the offense.

Worrisome there is no real world on Freddie.