• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McAdoo Presser

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

you and sizzle might need a safe space thread where everyone promises not to say a bad word about Tepper and Rhule.    If we give you that, will you quit complaining thread to thread because people think Matt Rhule sucks at this job. 

There's no point in trying to argue with you about your multitude of posts hating on Tepper and Rhule.

We underperformed by 2 games last year with CMC, Horn and multiple OLmen down for the bulk of the season. 

Getting Darnold was a screwup and having Joe Brady as OC was moronic, and not showing the OL love was stupid...  but on the flip side, they are trying to correct those mistakes this year.

Maybe you need a safe space where you don't have to hear:

Tepper isn't going anywhere.  Rhule isn't going anywhere, atm.

12 minutes ago, poundaway said:

There's no point in trying to argue with you about your multitude of posts hating on Tepper and Rhule.

We underperformed by 2 games last year with CMC, Horn and multiple OLmen down for the bulk of the season. 

Getting Darnold was a screwup and having Joe Brady as OC was moronic, and not showing the OL love was stupid...  but on the flip side, they are trying to correct those mistakes this year.

Maybe you need a safe space where you don't have to hear:

Tepper isn't going anywhere.  Rhule isn't going anywhere, atm.

that's because Rhule and Tepper both have sucked.   So you don't have an actual arguement against that.... you just complain and make over the top projections about hatred. 

again, sometimes people suck at their jobs.  This is where it gets talked about in reference the Panthers.  You deem that hatred.   But that's a you thing.  You will need to work on that.  People sucking at their jobs is just a reality.  Doesn't make them bad people.   

• Beer 3

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

This might sound odd, but one possible reason there are so many people disagreeing with you is that you're...well, you know, wrong 😕

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

that's because Rhule and Tepper both have sucked.   So you don't have an actual arguement against that.... you just complain and make over the top projections about hatred. 

again, sometimes people suck at their jobs.  This is where it gets talked about in reference the Panthers.  You deem that hatred.   But that's a you thing.  You will need to work on that.  People sucking at their jobs is just a reality.  Doesn't make them bad people.   

You literally said in another thread that if we trade for Baker Mayfield, Rhule would put Matt Corral on the practice squad lol.  The Matt Corral who was the #1 QB on our board in this draft, who we traded next year's 3rd round pick for.  Even kungfoo (who seems to be aligned with you pretty much on every opinion) doesn't seem to want to touch the insanity of that claim and rightfully acknowledges that PJ would obviously be cut in that scenario. A claim like that shows me either you do legit hate (and I don't use that term lightly) Rhule to the point where it's clouding your judgment...OR, you're playing some kind of "shock jock" role to drive traffic for Igo.

It's okay to be unhappy that Rhule is our coach.  I certainly fall in that camp.  What you're doing, which is frankly juvenile, is making outrageous claims and justifying it simply "because that'd be the most Rhule thing ever", whatever that means.  Your last ~27 "that'd be the most Rhule thing ever" predictions have crashed and burned, so at some point you should maybe re-evaluate your prediction criteria.  You might as well go all out and start a thread about how we're gonna cut Brian Burns, DJ Moore, CMC, Moton, and Chinn because that would just be the most Rhule thing ever, amirite?  Hell, that thread would be the most CRA thing ever.

Rhule has done some obvious disastrous things for our organization but one of the worst under-the-radar things he has done is absolutely ruined Panthers' discourse by turning everyone into mindless sheep who roam the internet saying "Rhule baaaaaaaad".  It's ridiculous and cringey but I have to basically caveat every post of mine with "hey guys just to be clear, I very much dislike Rhule/Darnold/Tepper and I wish we could be rid of them"* so the mob doesn't jump down my throat with "OHHHH SORRY WE DON'T HAVE TO LOVEEEEE THEM AS MUCH AS YOU DO".  And yet they still do most of the time lol.

*hey guys just to be clear, I very much dislike Rhule/Darnold/Tepper and I wish we could be rid of them

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It is funny that the most complaining is from the "Im So TiReD oF aLl ThE cOmPlAiNiNg!" crowd.

At least @iamhubby1finally had his typical meltdown and storm out. 

The rest are just general trolls. I suspect some alts at work because two of that crowd are VERY similar in posting content/style.

If you're reading enough of the posts you already know who it is. I have no beef with the poster so I won't say and I do not wish to run them off. But at some point self reflection has to enter the equation and people who call this place toxic have to realize they are in fact making it toxic also with policing discourse they deem to be too critical.

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

You literally said in another thread that if we trade for Baker Mayfield, Rhule would put Matt Corral on the practice squad lol.  The Matt Corral who was the #1 QB on our board in this draft, who we traded next year's 3rd round pick for.  Even kungfoo (who seems to be aligned with you pretty much on every opinion) doesn't seem to want to touch the insanity of that claim and rightfully acknowledges that PJ would obviously be cut in that scenario. A claim like that shows me either you do legit hate (and I don't use that term lightly) Rhule to the point where it's clouding your judgment...OR, you're playing some kind of "shock jock" role to drive traffic for Igo.

If we sign Baker Mayfield it changes things.  Pretty distinctly.   Baker would be the #1 and Sam Darnold the #2 heading into week 1.   It's not a compeittion either.  Baker would be the man.  And PJ isn't a guarantee cut because of the Rhule connection.  Matt Corral's odds of following a more traditional route of developing behind the scenes then goes up with the adding of Baker Mayfield. 

It's why I don't want Baker.  I want to see Corral play and early (which for me would be midseason). 

would Rhule making Corral inactive of been a better word? Probably.  But the point is pretty much the same regardless. 

I don't want Baker.  Because of the impact he will have and how pointless he is in the grander picture.  That's the point of the comment.  

And their is a reported divide on Baker.  The logical assumption is Rhule is the one who wants him.  Because Rhule needs to win and quick.   Developing Corral and not really caring about wins isn't a luxury he has coming off that horrific 2021.

Fans getting upset with a coach/owner of a currently losing franchise is very much normal and expected.  Most of us like to see our team win and be successful which is why we are fans.  So far Rhule has shown he has been in over his head and several other more qualified coaches have been given less time to turn around their teams and after having better results still been fired.  Rhule is very fortunate to have been given a 3rd year after his previous 2 seasons, however at this point it appears  he is at least TRYING to adapt.  I honestly can't imagine him given another year if we finish 5-12 or worse again.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

If we sign Baker Mayfield it changes things.  Pretty distinctly.   Baker would be the #1 and Sam Darnold the #2 heading into week 1.   It's not a compeittion either.  Baker would be the man.  And PJ isn't a guarantee cut because of the Rhule connection.  Matt Corral's odds of following a more traditional route of developing behind the scenes then goes up with the adding of Baker Mayfield. 

It's why I don't want Baker.  I want to see Corral play and early (which for me would be midseason). 

would Rhule making Corral inactive of been a better word? Probably.  But the point is pretty much the same regardless. 

I don't want Baker.  Because of the impact he will have and how pointless he is in the grander picture.  That's the point of the comment.  

And their is a reported divide on Baker.  The logical assumption is Rhule is the one who wants him.  Because Rhule needs to win and quick.   Developing Corral and not really caring about wins isn't a luxury he has coming off that horrific 2021.

I have to disagree on PJ. I don't think Rhule still has enough stroke to be able to relegate Corral to thr practice squad. I don't think the FO/ownership would look very kindly upon that.

IMO, PJ would be out the door or on the practice squad.

If I am wrong about that scenario, Rhule is worse than I ever thought or Corral is straight trash. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Fans getting upset with a coach/owner of a currently losing franchise is very much normal and expected.  Most of us like to see our team win and be successful which is why we are fans.  So far Rhule has shown he has been in over his head and several other more qualified coaches have been given less time to turn around their teams and after having better results still been fired.  Rhule is very fortunate to have been given a 3rd year after his previous 2 seasons, however at this point it appears  he is at least TRYING to adapt.  I honestly can't imagine him given another year if we finish 5-12 or worse again.

People are acting like this is the only time fans of a franchise have ever been this upset as a whole. My God....go to a Jets message board or Giants or Jacksonville or 6-20 years ago Browns or any number of multi-year dumpster fire teams.

They ALL get mad about this.

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

People are acting like this is the only time fans of a franchise have ever been this upset as a whole. My God....go to a Jets message board or Giants or Jacksonville or 6-20 years ago Browns or any number of multi-year dumpster fire teams.

They ALL get mad about this.

people come to a Panthers message board (where the fanatic fans reside) and some are mad people are complaining about the coach/owners while we are presently in the worst window of the franchises existence lol. 

It's like choosing to visit New Orleans during Mardi Gras and complaining about too high of a percentage of drunks and boobs.   

Heck, Ron/Marty and even Foxy hit windows where they got just as much heat as Rhule is getting....and Ron/Fox were clearly better NFL coaches.  Yet some are demanding kid gloves for Rhule. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

No chance PJ wouldn't be the odd man out the door.  The "Rhule connection" got PJ a 1-year vet minimum $0 guaranteed extension lol.  Sounds like a guy they're extremely comfortable cutting.  Is the "Rhule connection" strong enough to unilaterally get PJ a roster spot but too weak to even secure the guy any guaranteed money?  This is a confusing dynamic.

"Inactive" vs. "Practice Squad" is an enormous difference.  Practice Squad means they're leaving Corral to get poached by other teams, which would happen the instant he's put on the PS.  So yeah you should probably be a little more mindful of the wording you use.

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

No chance PJ wouldn't be the odd man out the door.  The "Rhule connection" got PJ a 1-year vet minimum $0 guaranteed extension lol.  Sounds like a guy they're extremely comfortable cutting.  Is the "Rhule connection" strong enough to unilaterally get PJ a roster spot but too weak to even secure the guy any guaranteed money?  This is a confusing dynamic.

"Inactive" vs. "Practice Squad" is an enormous difference.  Practice Squad means they're leaving Corral to get poached by other teams, which would happen the instant he's put on the PS.  So yeah you should probably be a little more mindful of the wording you use.

Practice squad rules are vastly different now.  Blaine Gabbert was on a freaking practice squad last year.    Rhule would have to cut PJ for me to believe it.  He is super cheap and PJ was a big part in Rhule getting to where he is today.   So, yeah, and that type loyalty frankly doesn't bother me if it is limited.   PJ actually would be a great scout team type QB for prepping for opponents because of his athleticism.   He can mimic a greater variety of opponents. 

and everyone on the practice squad isn't vulnerable of getting poached off by others teams.  Lot of rule changes the last couple seasons.  You can make 6 untouchable I believe. 

• Pie 1

In the context of the conversation about the perception of the criticism directed at Matt Rhule. I can say with certainty that it is nothing any less vitriolic or personal than the things Ron Rivera had sent his way over the years. That does not make either instance ok mind you. But to be clear here hardly anyone was crying foul on Ron's behalf and he had his flaws for certain but he also did have success and he has the most consecutive divisional titles in franchise history. He also didn't start off his time here choosing two of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL back to back. Just saying...

• Beer 1