• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MLB- Snow mentioned Shaq Taking Snaps There

Michael G

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Opposing coordinators are quick to see those changes and seize on them, almost always resulting in successful chunk plays that just eat us up. 

This is wrong thinking.

The 2021 Panthers defense was 11th best in 20+ yard pass plays surrendered, allowing a total of 46 such plays.  Likewise we were 15th best in 20+ yard run plays surrendered, with a total of 9.

The Panthers defense didn't really give up a lot of chunk plays.  We simply got ground down because we were too light and fast.  We overcompensated, allowing teams to just nickle and dime us to death.

We also had the defense with the worst average starting field position in the league, so teams didn't really "need" go gouge us to have a successful drive.  On the flip side of this stat, we allowed the second fewest yards in the league per drive at just 26 yards per drive.

Obviously, yardage defense isn't super relevant, but with as often as our defense was on the field, and with the field position they were handed, we did ok.  Our defense wasn't as good as what Rhule would like to spin it.  However, it's was not NEARLY as bad as our record and some of the fan-think would portray it as either.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This is wrong thinking.

The 2021 Panthers defense was 11th best in 20+ yard pass plays surrendered, allowing a total of 46 such plays.  Likewise we were 15th best in 20+ yard run plays surrendered, with a total of 9.

The Panthers defense didn't really give up a lot of chunk plays.  We simply got ground down because we were too light and fast.  We overcompensated, allowing teams to just nickle and dime us to death.

We also had the defense with the worst average starting field position in the league, so teams didn't really "need" go gouge us to have a successful drive.  On the flip side of this stat, we allowed the second fewest yards in the league per drive at just 26 yards per drive.

Obviously, yardage defense isn't super relevant, but with as often as our defense was on the field, and with the field position they were handed, we did ok.  Our defense wasn't as good as what Rhule would like to spin it.  However, it's was not NEARLY as bad as our record and some of the fan-think would portray it as either.

Man, I saw our defense getting crushed time and time again out there last season. After week 3, they were pansies. Everyone marched on us, short marches, long marches, ones with bands, ones with clowns, a couple for equal rights. We were marched over again and again.

The stats were greatly inflated by how bad our first three opponents were and that skewed how outsiders saw our defense.

• Flames 2

15 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Man, I saw our defense getting crushed time and time again out there last season. After week 3, they were pansies. Everyone marched on us, short marches, long marches, ones with bands, ones with clowns, a couple for equal rights. We were marched over again and again.

The stats were greatly inflated by how bad our first three opponents were and that skewed how outsiders saw our defense.

Those stats are so misleading on so many levels. It's like the last 14 games never happened after the 3 opening games around here.

Why would any team need to go for huge plays when they can just run it down the field while killing the clock? 21st in points allowed yet 2nd in yards allowed lol. We had a good pass rush so why would other teams open themselves to any of our strengths when our weaknesses were so obvious. Even bad running teams gashed us.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Not even checking the link or anything, just came to post that I'm just tired of our media and staff.  I honestly don't care what they say anymore.  Show me.  Period.  Every week it seems we have some new little tidbit to keep us engaged, but I just don't care.  I'm burned out on this staff and PR department.  Show us.  Straight up.  Stop talking and start doing.  And I like Snow, but man, I've had it with the fluff and meaningless breadcrumbs they try to push as news to obfuscate the fact that we're in the midst of our worst stretch in franchise history under what appears to be dysfunctional and unlikeable (currently, all things considered) ownership that we were forced into by the NFL's meddling and manipulation.  I'm just over it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Snow likes to move guys around, make hybrids out of them. The problem is that it just hasn't been working. He's taken both Shaq and Chinn and basically made their impact disappear in many plays and often entire games.

Opposing coordinators are quick to see those changes and seize on them, almost always resulting in successful chunk plays that just eat us up. 

Snows folks weren't good with adjustments and his fronts while better last year were still too predictable and easy to beat. I really think having better coaches and Wilks schemes will help us be much better this year on things like red zone defense and on third down. Hopefully Pascaloni can get the defense to play tough against the run and the pass.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 2

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Not even checking the link or anything, just came to post that I'm just tired of our media and staff.  I honestly don't care what they say anymore.  Show me.  Period.  Every week it seems we have some new little tidbit to keep us engaged, but I just don't care.  I'm burned out on this staff and PR department.  Show us.  Straight up.  Stop talking and start doing.  And I like Snow, but man, I've had it with the fluff and meaningless breadcrumbs they try to push as news to obfuscate the fact that we're in the midst of our worst stretch in franchise history under what appears to be dysfunctional and unlikeable (currently, all things considered) ownership that we were forced into by the NFL's meddling and manipulation.  I'm just over it.

1652202632143.gif.f1ca1a97c9e4ec311541027ec64e9781.gif

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Snows folks weren't good with adjustments and his fronts while better last year were still too predictable and easy to beat. I really think having better coaches and Wilks schemes will help us be much better this year on things like red zone defense and on third down. Hopefully Pascaloni can get the defense to play tough against the run and the pass.

I know I cracked on it a lot last season, but we still didn't have a professional coaching staff, we had a mid-majors college level coaching staff. And it just didn't work out.

There've been some additions this season, but I'm not holding my breath yet. I want them to surprise me, I really do.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

I know I cracked on it a lot last season, but we still didn't have a professional coaching staff, we had a mid-majors college level coaching staff. And it just didn't work out.

There've been some additions this season, but I'm not holding my breath yet. I want them to surprise me, I really do.

You aren't alone. It has been hard to walk out of the stadium every week after losing again at home the last several years. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1