• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Way Too Early Trade Predictions

kungfoodude

Trades  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Panthers make any "win now" trades post August 31?

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....if being on a bad team makes you want to quit as a rookie.....then professional football probably isn't important to you.

I don't know if that was specifically the case with Henderson. IIRC, it was some bad family elements that were supposedly dragging him down in Jacksonville.

I will say, he is gonna have to show a pretty big improvement this season because he didn't look any better than he did in Jacksonville.

He didn't play that much and when he did he didn't look good. After Gilmore came in his reps significantly declined. Agree that he needs to live up to his potential and I hope Wilks is up for the challenge.  I am expecting good improvement from a lot of players this year.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Keep in mind the Browns, Saints(and a new coach, as well) and 49ers will all be with new QB's. The Browns aren't likely to be with Watson, either.

I doubt we would be favored in any of those but it might not be the murderers row that you think.

We'll see. Even with those new QBs, they have better built and led teams than we're fielding. And even if the Browns have to eat crow and put Mayfield back at #1 QB, they've still got a major leg up on us.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

He didn't play that much and when he did he didn't look good. After Gilmore came in his reps significantly declined. Agree that he needs to live up to his potential and I hope Wilks is up for the challenge.  I am expecting good improvement from a lot of players this year.

Yeah, if we don't see leaps from some of our younger players, that is the most fireable offense of all, IMO. Maybe even more than not winning.

It's either a failure of development or evaluation an things cannot trend in that direction or this rebuild is DOA.

I wish I was optimistic about the development of most of them but I am very anxious about it, TBH.

23 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We'll see. Even with those new QBs, they have better built and led teams than we're fielding. And even if the Browns have to eat crow and put Mayfield back at #1 QB, they've still got a major leg up on us.

I hope I'm wrong.

I believe we would be facing Brissett. Mayfield has played his last down as a Brown.

And no....I didn't go into that statement expecting it to rhyme but here we are.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, if we don't see leaps from some of our younger players, that is the most fireable offense of all, IMO. Maybe even more than not winning.

It's either a failure of development or evaluation an things cannot trend in that direction or this rebuild is DOA.

I wish I was optimistic about the development of most of them but I am very anxious about it, TBH.

The truth is the allure of the college coaches under Rhule was to able to develop young guys and develop them like they had to in college. That didn't work out very well. So now we have NFL coaches tasked with the same job. Hopefully they will be more successful.  I am optimistic our coaching staff is much improved. How much it helps in terms of wins and losses is up in the air.

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The truth is the allure of the college coaches under Rhule was to able to develop young guys and develop them like they had to in college. That didn't work out very well. So now we have NFL coaches tasked with the same job. Hopefully they will be more successful.  I am optimistic our coaching staff is much improved. How much it helps in terms of wins and losses is up in the air.

Yeah, it would be nice to see a turnaround. I just have lost the faith in it. I was cautiously optimistic after year 1 but they lost me in the last couple of offseasons(and last season).

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Where are you seeing he is a projected starter?

Is it really that crazy to imagine CJ Henderson starting for us?  I would think the most likely starting CBs are Horn, Jackson, and Henderson.  Who else is in contention for a top-3 spot?  Maybe Keith Taylor?  Rashaan Melvin with a slim outside shot?  I would have a hard time believing Henderson isn't the odds-on favor for one of those starting spots.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Is it really that crazy to imagine CJ Henderson starting for us?  I would think the most likely starting CBs are Horn, Jackson, and Henderson.  Who else is in contention for a top-3 spot?  Maybe Keith Taylor?  Rashaan Melvin with a slim outside shot?  I would have a hard time believing Henderson isn't the odds-on favor for one of those starting spots.

I could see Taylor potentially competing for that spot if Henderson isn't good. 

waiting for Rhule to trade for his old Baylor buddy Denzel Mims who seems to be on the way out in NYJ already... dude sucks but I fully expect this to happen sooner or later. At least we didn't waste a high draft pick on him a few years ago.

54 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I could see Taylor potentially competing for that spot if Henderson isn't good. 

Yeah same, he showed some flashes but was inconsistent (which I’d argue describes Henderson too). I think with Henderson’s athleticism and potential, that if the two of them are neck-and-neck leading up to Week 1, I think they’d be tempted to go with Henderson. So I’m giving him the slight nod over Taylor, but it’s close IMO.

I’m just saying, that guy I responded to was like demanding sources from the other guy for simply saying Henderson could “potentially possibly be a starter” which is about the most non-committal take ever lol. I don’t know why calling Henderson a potential possible starter is some kind of preposterous claim.

• Beer 1