• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Power Rankings

shaq

4 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Very nice so far.  Will watch the rest later.  I forgot all about Matt Paradis.  Key departure in the sense that it’s a relief he’s gone.  

The o line this year should go from being one of the worst units the team has ever fielded to an actual strength. I’m excited to see what they can do

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, joemac said:

The o line this year should go from being one of the worst units the team has ever fielded to an actual strength. I’m excited to see what they can do

Totally agree! Especially with our run blocking we have some real movers in Icky, Moton, Bozeman, and Corbett. If Brady Christensen can play up to his potential then this line could be set up very well into the future! I’m personally very high on Christensen and think he’s an awesome dude I’m genuinely excited about this group!

7 hours ago, shaq said:

Totally agree! Especially with our run blocking we have some real movers in Icky, Moton, Bozeman, and Corbett. If Brady Christensen can play up to his potential then this line could be set up very well into the future! I’m personally very high on Christensen and think he’s an awesome dude I’m genuinely excited about this group!

The guy made some very good comments about the line. The one that stuck with me was the mention of kicking ickey inside with BC at left tackle.  Indicated that may be the best 5 as a group. While I dont like it, we drafted Ickey to be anchor LT, it might be what we see initially.  

im sure Huddlers are sharpening the pitchforks if this happens

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

The guy made some very good comments about the line. The one that stuck with me was the mention of kicking ickey inside with BC at left tackle.  Indicated that may be the best 5 as a group. While I dont like it, we drafted Ickey to be anchor LT, it might be what we see initially.  

im sure Huddlers are sharpening the pitchforks if this happens

People on here were advocating for this shortly after we drafted Ickey and I maintain that it's a completely idiotic thing to do. Beyond dumb. Therefore I give it better than average odds that Rhule does just that.

• Flames 4

48 minutes ago, Floppin said:

People on here were advocating for this shortly after we drafted Ickey and I maintain that it's a completely idiotic thing to do. Beyond dumb. Therefore I give it better than average odds that Rhule does just that.

Yeah agree

From my totally biased opinion I think kicking Ickey inside to mask the shortcomings of BC is not what is best for your long-term elite tackle.  The reasoning given from the YT piece was that this would be "the best 5".  While that may be accurate, I dont think that makes sense to do for an entire season.   If Ickey is working on some things and coming along and you think some short term Guard play will help develop, fine.  If you are in a tight spot for a game and you need Ickey to kick inside for a possession, fine.  But Ickey is an LT and he was drafted to play LT. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Yeah agree

From my totally biased opinion I think kicking Ickey inside to mask the shortcomings of BC is not what is best for your long-term elite tackle.  The reasoning given from the YT piece was that this would be "the best 5".  While that may be accurate, I dont think that makes sense to do for an entire season.   If Ickey is working on some things and coming along and you think some short term Guard play will help develop, fine.  If you are in a tight spot for a game and you need Ickey to kick inside for a possession, fine.  But Ickey is an LT and he was drafted to play LT. 

I think the reasoning is that Ickey is a better LT and LG than Christensen, who is not the 2nd round Guard that Rhule claimed him to be, so this combo gets us average instead of good on the left side. If that's the case I'd rather just play Deonte at guard, Ickey at LT, and let BC be backup swing tackle. At least they aren't even mentioning Cam Erving, that was a waste of money

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Playing on the line is about chemistry and working together because you are only as good as your weakest link. Conversely it is all about working together as a group and the collective whole is better than each individual  performance. So it isnt who is simply the strongest or most athletic but who is best in which position as a group.  How is it that folks in the huddle know how everyone is doing and who should play where and when they haven't watched any practice at all. I doubt the coaches have even decided this yet. Maybe they should ignore practice and tune in here so they know what they should do....

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Playing on the line is about chemistry and working together because you are only as good as your weakest link. Conversely it is all about working together as a group and the collective whole is better than each individual  performance. So it isnt who is simply the strongest or most athletic but who is best in which position as a group.  How is it that folks in the huddle know how everyone is doing and who should play where and when they haven't watched any practice at all. I doubt the coaches have even decided this yet. Maybe they should ignore practice and tune in here so they know what they should do....

To be fair we did spent an entire season of playing OL roulette at almost every position on the OL. If we want to build some chemistry, there also has to be continuity. 

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that if we keep seeing guys shifting around constantly next season, it's going to be as big of a shitshow on OL as it was last year.

They gotta figure this poo out in the offseason and not be holding an 18 week tryout.

• Beer 2

48 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

To be fair we did spent an entire season of playing OL roulette at almost every position on the OL. If we want to build some chemistry, there also has to be continuity. 

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that if we keep seeing guys shifting around constantly next season, it's going to be as big of a shitshow on OL as it was last year.

They gotta figure this poo out in the offseason and not be holding an 18 week tryout.

At least we have a competent O-line coach this year, if Rhule allows him to do his job

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

We actually have an O line coach who know what he is doing. Now that we have some decent talent I expect a big  improvement.  The consolation is that if injuries hit we have several backups with significant starting experience so we don't have to shuffle players around. You are right, the line of all places needs guys playing next to each other in the same positions to develop anticipation through muscle memory. We hopefully have our starting 5 and everyone else is bucking for roster spots and playing time.

32 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

At least we have a competent O-line coach this year, if Rhule allows him to do his job

Yeah, that is the hope.

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We actually have an O line coach who know what he is doing. Now that we have some decent talent I expect a big  improvement.  The consolation is that if injuries hit we have several backups with significant starting experience so we don't have to shuffle players around. You are right, the line of all places needs guys playing next to each other in the same positions to develop anticipation through muscle memory. We hopefully have our starting 5 and everyone else is bucking for roster spots and playing time.

I HOPE this coach is much better.

I HOPE we see a big improvement on the OL.

I will be paying a LOT of attention to TC and the preseason to see if we can get this lineup figured out. I am nervous we are gonna see more shuffling.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1