• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The last time a team carried two top 3 QBs drafted from the same year…

WarHeel

There is at least some reason to expect the offense to be better this season---If Baker gets his mind right and McAdoo uses him correctly, he has the skills to win some games for this team---

Not since Jake Delhomme have the Panthers used a QB correctly.  (I think they abused Cam Newton)

Even Darnold would be better this season.  The OL should be good, but we are set up to run and play action.  Play action requires the QB to turn his back to the secondary at times, and I just don't see Darnold doing that well.  He sees ghosts--but I see Baker being very good in the offense--and we can tell by the OL we brought in and drafted what we hope to do--run the ball. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

Didn’t know Peppers was a QB

Reading comprehension is a lost art.

I posted this as a fun factoid as having two highly drafted QBs on the same roster is a rarity and the only other time this particular scenario has happened the team won the SB.

Yeah, we suck. But it’s a cool stat. Just enjoy the ride, everybody.

44 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

i didn’t say anything about QBs

That’s literally what the article is about. That’s what the OP was about. Highly drafted players end up on the same roster all the time. Two top 3 QBs of the same year? Only once in history before Darnold-Baker.

Interesting nugget.  The closest I could find was when Mitch Seabiscuit sat behind Josh Allen those were 2 highly drafted guys from back to back QB classes.  Another interesting nugget that falls into a similar realm but isn't the same is the Cowboys spent the #1 overall pick on Troy Aikman and then a month or so later spent the #1 overall pick in the supplemental draft on Steve Walsh.

• Beer 1