• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WINS AND LOSSES

scratched

14 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

Again, I said the offense should be better and defense should take a step back. Not sure what you’re arguing. This will be an improved team, but this isn’t going to be a 9+ win team. 

That sounds like 2020

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

Lol yes… Have you not seen how horrible he’s been with that?

Again, I said the offense should be better and defense should take a step back. Not sure what you’re arguing. This will be an improved team, but this isn’t going to be a 9+ win team. 

I can tell you what I hope. I hope we will be competitive in the first and second half. I hope that we will make better adjustments on offense and defense after halftime. I expect that  adding Wilkes will improve our secondary to the point our line can avoid selling out to get pressure and get gashed around the end on every run.  I think Pasqualoni will run more stunts and use more 4 and 5 man fronts. I think that guys like Wilkes will help Snow tremendously and teach him about nfl adjustments. Snow is smart and inclusive so I don't think the defense steps back in points allowed  and passing defense. Running yards per play should go down as will sacks if we stop the run first which is the mantra of just about every defensive coordinator.

I find it hard to pinpoint an exact record or game by game result given injuries and other issues like Covid. But I am taking the over on the Vegas line of 6.5 wins. It went up a half game due to Baker. 

8 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

I just don’t see us winning too many games with or without Baker/CMC. We’ve had games the last few years we should’ve easily won and yet find ways to lose, convincingly. Also, we lost our last 7 games last year and it wasn’t even close. Not even competitive. 

Browns - Toss up

Giants - Toss up

Saints - Toss up

Cardinal - Loss

49ers - Loss

Rams - Loss 

Bucs - Loss

Falcons - Toss Up

Bengals - Loss

Falcons - Toss Up

Ravens - Loss

Broncos - Loss

Seahawks - Win

Steelers - Loss

Lions - Toss Up

Bucs - Loss

Saints - Toss up

Going through the schedule I have 8 games that I can see us having a realistic chance at winning. I feel we can beat the Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, Giants, and Browns. 

I’d say at BEST we split with the Saints. We’re 2-9 against them in our last 11 meetings. That’s down to 7 wins. 

We’re also 3-8 against the Falcons in the past 11 meetings, so I’d say we’d split with them too. That’s down to 6 wins. 

That leaves the Giants and Browns. Browns I’d lean to a loss as it’s the first game of the season and Giants are a true wild card. Should be a W, but they beat us by 22 points last year. So let’s say we split those games as one W and one L. That brings us to 5 wins. 

Realistically, we’re looking at a 5-7 win season. I’m sure out offense will be improved, but our defense will probably take a step back. Fun times. 

8 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

I just don’t see us winning too many games with or without Baker/CMC. We’ve had games the last few years we should’ve easily won and yet find ways to lose, convincingly. Also, we lost our last 7 games last year and it wasn’t even close. Not even competitive. 

Browns - Toss up

Giants - Toss up

Saints - Toss up

Cardinal - Loss

49ers - Loss

Rams - Loss 

Bucs - Loss

Falcons - Toss Up

Bengals - Loss

Falcons - Toss Up

Ravens - Loss

Broncos - Loss

Seahawks - Win

Steelers - Loss

Lions - Toss Up

Bucs - Loss

Saints - Toss up

Going through the schedule I have 8 games that I can see us having a realistic chance at winning. I feel we can beat the Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, Giants, and Browns. 

I’d say at BEST we split with the Saints. We’re 2-9 against them in our last 11 meetings. That’s down to 7 wins. 

We’re also 3-8 against the Falcons in the past 11 meetings, so I’d say we’d split with them too. That’s down to 6 wins. 

That leaves the Giants and Browns. Browns I’d lean to a loss as it’s the first game of the season and Giants are a true wild card. Should be a W, but they beat us by 22 points last year. So let’s say we split those games as one W and one L. That brings us to 5 wins. 

Realistically, we’re looking at a 5-7 win season. I’m sure out offense will be improved, but our defense will probably take a step back. Fun times. 

Every season there are teams that are predicted to do well, but for different reasons have much worse records than predicted. If you look strictly at strength of schedule it is formidable. However, by the same token there are teams that rise from the ashes. In 2014 the Panthers were 7-8-1. In 2015 the Panthers were in the Super Bowl. We shall see.

5 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

Every season there are teams that are predicted to do well, but for different reasons have much worse records than predicted. If you look strictly at strength of schedule it is formidable. However, by the same token there are teams that rise from the ashes. In 2014 the Panthers were 7-8-1. In 2015 the Panthers were in the Super Bowl. We shall see.

Well of course, but you’re talking about the Panthers that have only won 5 games every season for the past 3 years. I’m not going to believe they’ll make a huge jump into the playoffs until I see it. Just like I’m not going to believe the Chiefs miss the playoffs this year unless I see it. Could that happen? Sure, but it’s not likely based on the last 3 years.