• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players get together

Actionman0z

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

If I was as overpaid as he is, I would keep my mouth shut and go along too

Nice guy no doubt. Looks like he's already been hitting a couple buffets here and there. I don't blame him. Just feels awkward how eager some people are to be complimentary for him taking 19 million dollars and keeping his head down. We had folks losing their minds over a QB wearing a scarf and though he had ups and downs until the arm fell off he was still a top 15 QB any given Sunday. I don't think the Wine and Cheesers are going to be very fond of Baker he has that cocky mentality in him. But that's what we need. We don't need a team of nice guys. That's why we've been trading places with the Falcons for last place in our division the last few seasons.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, frankw said:

Nice guy no doubt. Looks like he's already been hitting a couple buffets here and there. I don't blame him. Just feels awkward how eager some people are to be complimentary for him taking 19 million dollars and keeping his head down. We had folks losing their minds over a QB wearing a scarf and though he had ups and downs until the arm fell off he was still a top 15 QB any given Sunday. I don't think the Wine and Cheesers are going to be very fond of Baker he has that cocky mentality in him. But that's what we need. We don't need a team of nice guys. That's why we've been trading places with the Falcons for last place in our division the last few seasons.

Would Cam have been universally loved in Charlotte and the media if he had a “nice” personality like Russell Wilson. It makes you wonder

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, frankw said:

You can be a person with class and still be a tough competitor...remember a guy here named Luke? Or the 1st guy we had here named Sam?  I respect Darnold for the way he handled the Jet situation, the media really tried to get him to say something negative. Welcoming Baker as he did was a class move.  Giving a guy a compliment for character should not be taken as a negative here.  Who knows...maybe Baker will learn a little bit about that from Darnold.   Hopefully Baker has been a little humbled and is ready to write a new narrative.  Being a leader is complicated.  Trying to be a bully is not the way to accomplish that.  I want him to be a winner here.  I am sure he is very motivated.  But, he needs to  be willing to get better as a QB and learn to be a better leader. I think he can do both.  He was handed the keys and a big cup of ego in Cleveland at a young age.  He did some good things. I would love to see him do great things in a Panther uniform.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

31 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

You can be a person with class and still be a tough competitor...remember a guy here named Luke? Or the 1st guy we had here named Sam?  I respect Darnold for the way he handled the Jet situation, the media really tried to get him to say something negative. Welcoming Baker as he did was a class move.  Giving a guy a compliment for character should not be taken as a negative here.  Who knows...maybe Baker will learn a little bit about that from Darnold.   Hopefully Baker has been a little humbled and is ready to write a new narrative.  Being a leader is complicated.  Trying to be a bully is not the way to accomplish that.  I want him to be a winner here.  I am sure he is very motivated.  But, he needs to  be willing to get better as a QB and learn to be a better leader. I think he can do both.  He was handed the keys and a big cup of ego in Cleveland at a young age.  He did some good things. I would love to see him do great things in a Panther uniform.

Luke is the definitive nice guy. But the difference is he loved football and he flipped a switch on gamedays. He was a dog off a leash on the football field. Mills was a stout competitor out there as well despite his off field personality. Sam Darnold has the physical talent he just doesn't seem like he loves football. That's okay. But that is not going to make this football team one worth watching. I hope he finds happiness in whatever path he chooses next. He will have a very good chunk of change to rest up on and invest how he chooses. I'm hoping Baker can be the guy for us but I'm not falling head over heels for anyone until I see sustained success. He has the potential to be what we need though. It all depends on what he has learned through the mess with the Browns and applies that in the future here.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, frankw said:

Luke is the definitive nice guy. But the difference is he loved football and he flipped a switch on gamedays. He was a dog off a leash on the football field. Mills was a stout competitor out there as well despite his off field personality. Sam Darnold has the physical talent he just doesn't seem like he loves football. That's okay. But that is not going to make this football team one worth watching. I hope he finds happiness in whatever path he chooses next. He will have a very good chunk of change to rest up on and invest how he chooses. I'm hoping Baker can be the guy for us but I'm not falling head over heels for anyone until I see sustained success. He has the potential to be what we need though. It all depends on what he has learned through the mess with the Browns and applies that in the future here.

I have never said that Darnold was a football guy.  I do not know if he loves football. He may but he does not appear to have what it takes.  I did not defend him as a football player.  He has been put in bad situations (last year it was our Oline).  Given better situations, he may have been more successful than he has been but he now panics under pressure and makes bad decisions. He became a mess on the field.  The money spent on him was a bad investment. (Rhule has made the Panther QB position a running NFL joke.)  All I did was give Darnold some credit for handling things with class and you seem to think that makes me a weak minded fan. 

Edited by ladypanther
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I have never said that Darnold was a football guy.  I do not know if he loves football. He may but he does not appear to have what it takes.  I did not defend him as a football player.  He has been put in bad situations (last year it was our Oline).  Given better situations, he may have been more successful than he has been but he now panics under pressure and makes bad decisions. He became a mess on the field.  The money spent on him was a bad investment. (Rhule had made the Panther QB position a running NFL joke.)  All I did was give Darnold some credit for handling things with class and you seem to think that makes me a weak minded fan. 

Nobody said you are weak minded. I am sorry we cannot agree that it is worth complimenting him for handling being the worst starting quarterback of the last several years because he does so quietly and without complaint. After the conclusion of the upcoming season he will have made almost 50 million in career earnings after five years. He's set for life. We don't need to pat him on the back and rub his tummy.

If Cam Newton had been the same level of consensus bust and terrible starter as Sam Darnold by his fifth year no way in hell any Panthers fan would be showing up to grovel about how well he handled himself. I see the clear difference in perception and I'll leave it at that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I have never said that Darnold was a football guy.  I do not know if he loves football. He may but he does not appear to have what it takes.  I did not defend him as a football player.  He has been put in bad situations (last year it was our Oline).  Given better situations, he may have been more successful than he has been but he now panics under pressure and makes bad decisions. He became a mess on the field.  The money spent on him was a bad investment. (Rhule had made the Panther QB position a running NFL joke.)  All I did was give Darnold some credit for handling things with class and you seem to think that makes me a weak minded fan. 

rhules gonna run all 3 qbs in some weird dance formation 

• Beer 1