• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Mitchell....

Lurk21

According  to Shams, the Knick talks have stalled and Charlotte and  the Wizards are still talking to Utah for his services.  I think people may forget that Ainge had his hands in on getting Rozier(draft) and signing Gordon.  1 of the supposed players(if not both) would be my guess for salary. Draft picks and young players such as Bouknight(with  Bryce and Cody on deck) PJ or possibly even Miles. 

Edited by Lurk21

The Jazz are clearly asking for wayyyyy too much.

I’d prefer to send out Hayward in a trade for Mitchell but I’d be okay with sending out Rozier as well since it could potentially open up playing time for Bouknight.

I’d be interested in something like Terry Rozier, Kelly Oubre, Kai Jones, and 3 first round picks for Donovan Mitchell and Jordan Clarkson.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Yeah.... I wouldn't give up 7 plus 1st for him at all!!    Him n Melo could be money but not at the expense of gutting the team. Mitch needs to do something but hopefully  if he does,  he doesn't get fleeced. Ainge may be ready to get redemption  for the Terry/Kemba swap. Lol 

I heard they wanted something like 7 or 8 first rounders.  Even 3 is too much for me.  Spida is a great player, but I'm not giving up that much compensation unless this is prime Curry or LeBron we're talking about.  And really, how much of a difference is there between he and Terry, anyway?  A 7 ppg difference on the same shooting?  No thanks.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

If the Jazz send him to a team like Milwaukee, then sure, ask for seven first rounders, all those picks are bound to be 25 or later anyway.

However, if they send him to a potential lottery team like New York, Charlotte, or Washington, then they can expect to receive no more than a max of what amounts to four first round picks.

Three first rounders along with Kai Jones is the equivalent to four first rounders. Rozier and Oubre would make up any difference in perceived value in my opinion. The Hornets could also take back any questionable contract that the Jazz would like to move (Malik Beasley or Jordan Clarkson).

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If the Jazz send him to a team like Milwaukee, then sure, ask for seven first rounders, all those picks are bound to be 25 or later anyway.

However, if they send him to a potential lottery team like New York, Charlotte, or Washington, then they can expect to receive no more than a max of what amounts to four first round picks.

Three first rounders along with Kai Jones is the equivalent to four first rounders. Rozier and Oubre would make up any difference in perceived value in my opinion. The Hornets could also take back any questionable contract that the Jazz would like to move (Malik Beasley or Jordan Clarkson).

Yeah, the same logic I see too!! Our picks would be possibly  lottery with a injury here or there. 3 of ours hold more value than 7 of a team like the bucks. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I heard they wanted something like 7 or 8 first rounders.  Even 3 is too much for me.  Spida is a great player, but I'm not giving up that much compensation unless this is prime Curry or LeBron we're talking about.  And really, how much of a difference is there between he and Terry, anyway?  A 7 ppg difference on the same shooting?  No thanks.

Yeah, only if it makes sense for both teams. I'd like to sniff around Jaylon Brown honestly. Doubt we got anything they'd want but rumblings that he wouldn't reject a change of scenery. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

Yeah, only if it makes sense for both teams. I'd like to sniff around Jaylon Brown honestly. Doubt we got anything they'd want but rumblings that he wouldn't reject a change of scenery. 

Man, love his game!  Now that's a deal I would be interested in.  I can't understand at all how the C's think Tatum is a better player than Brown.  Brown is a straight dog, and a player I would trust a lot more to put the team on his back and carry them to a win versus Tatum.  And I think he would be the ideal off-guard to Melo.  He doesn't require the ball in isos to get his production and he plays great defense, and if you need a bucket, more often than not, he's gonna get it for you.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Man, love his game!  Now that's a deal I would be interested in.  I can't understand at all how the C's think Tatum is a better player than Brown.  Brown is a straight dog, and a player I would trust a lot more to put the team on his back and carry them to a win versus Tatum.  And I think he would be the ideal off-guard to Melo.  He doesn't require the ball in isos to get his production and he plays great defense, sand if you need a bucket, more often than not, he's gonna get it for you.

Spot on all the way!! Been a fan of Jaylon from the draft til now. He has transformed his game to new heights.  Originally a defensive guy that would only go right on offense, to possibly  the most well rounded young star(in 20s)  in the NBA today. 

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

In hindsight, should have kept SGA over Bridges.

Yep....that hindsight on that one kills me too. SGA has become a dawg!!  Interested to see what the endgame is with the Miles scenario.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1