• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue Robinson is expected to announce her decision on Deshaun Watson's potential suspension Monday 9am EST

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Are you trying to set a record for the most incorrect things in a single post? I think the punishment was too light as well, but juses crust, this type of hyperbole is just counter productive.

Not hyperbole. Just pointing out how you can rape women and it's totally fine with the NFL but if you break any other rule it becomes rules are rules. 

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

Not hyperbole. Just pointing out how you can rape women and it's totally fine with the NFL but if you break any other rule it becomes rules are rules. 

I might be missing something, but he wasn't accused of rape, was he? To be clear, I think his suspension should at least a full season.

Just now, Khaki Lackey said:

I might be missing something, but he wasn't accused of rape, was he? To be clear, I think his suspension should at least a full season.

Either two or three women (three, I think) alleged forced sexual contact of some kind. Pretty sure at least two said he forced oral sex.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The NFL will likely appeal just simply because the optics look better for them.

Then they can point to the female arbitrator and say, "Well she said this was what it is!"

Convenient scapegoat for an organization that in reality would rather Watson paid them all to STFU and this never come to light at all.

• Beer 2

27 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Yes he was by one. He forced her to have sex with him. I don't know your definition of rape but that's mine. He also sexually assaulted almost every other one. Might not be penetration but still a crime. 

Imagine if someone broke into your house but not just your house but everyones on the block. Then they get caught, eyewitness point them out in mug shots. Now imagine if the DA just picks the house where no one was home to prosecute and disregarded everyone else's account. That's what the NFL just did. 

Edited by Snake

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Then they can point to the female arbitrator and say, "Well she said this was what it is!"

Convenient scapegoat for an organization that in reality would rather Watson paid them all to STFU and this never come to light at all.

A cynical part of me wonders if this whole turn of events was orchestrated with that in mind. 

The NFL turned into the WWE a long time ago.  Pretty much aligns with when they named Goodell the commissioner.  All they need is the officials not noticing when that linebacker sneaks the chain saw onto the field.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Got it. I had forgotten about that. Did he already get tried and aquitted?

Grand Jury failed to indict.

An awful lot of people feel like the DA deliberately softballed the case. The fact that they met repeatedly with the defense as part of the process is kind of telling.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The NFL has become one of the worst sports organizations in the world when it comes to reading optics.

They deserve a massive backlash over this, and frankly I hope they get it.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1