• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wednesday training camp thread

Zod

12 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

they shipped Teddy out right away and openly went shopping for a new QB this off-season. they have already shown they dgaf about pride or saving face. Sam knows the offense better than the other two. things will filter through soon enough.

they may be hoping sam will be good enough to be QB2 so they can sit corral for a year to learn. that is probably the best option, if sam can do his part. if not, he’ll be shipped out too.

We remember Teddy's demise differently.  Teddy was shipped out publicly after he had the audacity to criticize the coaching staff's performance on things like getting plays called in a timely manner, particularly in the red zone.  His complaints were largely correct, too, but once he leveled them, he had to be vanquished, even if that meant screwing ourselves further in the process.

It always looked and smelled like they were playing CYA over the criticisms at the expense of the original plan.  Teddy was not the answer, but we knew he may not be going in and spent a lot of money and resources to arguably not move the needle while sacrificing the original plan.

At this point, I think the question for Darnold is whether he stays or PJ stays.  I think your last paragraph is probably the most likely scenario:   the opening QB depth chart is Mayfield, Darnold, and Corral (in that order) and that may change as the year progresses.

Not saying I agree with that or not, just what I think the most likely result will be.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1