• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He's not ready, but practice reps help you get ready, so let's not give him reps 🤔

Instead let's give them to this other guy so he can get ready to play for someone else.

Trust me, I see one in yours too 😄

Again you know that getting mental reps is what you do until you know what you are doing. Maybe as a linemen it is easier but as a QB the majority of work is mental not physical. Especially for a rookie coming from a really simple system.

Just now, panthers55 said:

We were in negotiations during the draft to acquire Baker before we got Corral.

https://theathletic.com/3407839/2022/07/08/baker-mayfield-trade-panthers-browns-details/

That proves my point lol… so don’t draft Corral… if the plan all along was to acquire Mayfield then don’t waste a pick on a player that you aren’t going to spend time developing. As I mentioned, the team still has a hole at EDGE, we could have certainly used that third rounder there.

If you believe everything you are saying then in reality you are admitting that we either fugged up in the draft or we fugged up in handling the QB situation.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If Rhule wants to conduct auditions he needs to go be a judge on America’s Got Talent.

How does Corral become ready? Certainly not with three reps a day in training camp? If there’s a safe space for Corral to learn it’s going to be the preseason.

Additionally, why does a veteran QB need to… check notes… get reps to play on the practice squad… 

The team and coaching staff is a mess and every excuse you make backs it up.

No. You.keep saying the same thing and again talk to McAdoo he obviously has a plan that you can like or hate. It isn't my plan and until I was on the field how could I know what is happening behind closed doors.  I just told it to you I can't understand it for you.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Again you know that getting mental reps is what you do until you know what you are doing. Maybe as a linemen it is easier but as a QB the majority of work is mental not physical. Especially for a rookie coming from a really simple system.

Yeah...nobody in history has successfully developed a rookie quarterback through primarily "mental reps".

Our head coach is a dipsh-t.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That proves my point lol… so don’t draft Corral… if the plan all along was to acquire Mayfield then don’t waste a pick on a player that you aren’t going to spend time developing. As I mentioned, the team still has a hole at EDGE, we could have certainly used that third rounder there.

If you believe everything you are saying then in reality you are admitting that we either fugged up in the draft or we fugged up in handling the QB situation.

Corral was insurance that once we got Baker could be brought along slowly.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah...nobody in history has successfully developed a rookie quarterback through primarily "mental reps".

Our head coach is a dipsh-t.

How many mental reps did Rodgers get behind Favre. Honestly I don't know do you?? Why is this such a big deal when likely McAdoo is controlling QB reps.

24 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You are another one who doesn't get it. Baker and Darnold are getting starter reps because they are going to be QB1 and QB2 and we need 2 starters since they both have injury histories. And Corral is a project who isn't the focus with Rhule's focus on winning now. Seems obvious. 

Well by your assessment, Rhule is a fuging idiot. Teams have one starter and a backup. A guy that can finish a game or play 2 if necessary. Teams don't carry 2 season capable starting QBs. There's no point. You have a starter, a backup, and a developmental QB. Foles winning the SB was an aberration, definitely not the norm. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Do explain cause I’m lost… I thought Corral was the rookie and needed to be brought along slowly… not Baker.

Maybe I’m misreading.

You're not. He's bullsh-tting. It's his thing.

I mess with him occasionally but I never take him seriously because I know how he is.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

How many mental reps did Rodgers get behind Favre. Honestly I don't know do you?? Why is this such a big deal when likely McAdoo is controlling QB reps.

Rodgers was drafted and then the #2

Answer my questions.  Is MC a bigger project then Willis?  And what prospect has been developed this way?

12 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

No. You.keep saying the same thing and again talk to McAdoo he obviously has a plan that you can like or hate. It isn't my plan and until I was on the field how could I know what is happening behind closed doors.  I just told it to you I can't understand it for you.

Is it even McAdoo’s plan? How do we know it’s not Rhule’s? Rhule seems to be the hands on guy that likes to double check his employees work to make sure they didn’t deviate from the way he likes things done.

Like I said in another thread. Walker shouldn’t be blamed for being on the team and going out there and giving his best, I think there’s a place somewhere for him in this league whether it be a QB3 or on a PS.

With that said, the coaching staff is butchering the handling of every single one of these QB’s. I can honestly sit here and tell you that if there’s a plan no one can decipher it. That’s why we are having this conversation right now.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Is it even McAdoo’s plan? How do we know it’s not Rhule’s? Rhule seems to be the hands on guy that likes to double check his employees work to make sure they didn’t deviate from the way he likes things done.

Like I said in another thread. Walker shouldn’t be blamed for being on the team and going out there and giving his best, I think there’s a place somewhere for him in this league whether it be a QB3 or on a PS.

With that said, the coaching staff is butchering the handling of every single one of these QB’s. I can honestly sit here and tell you that if there’s a plan no one can decipher it. That’s why we are having this conversation right now.

If rhule wasnt a total clusterfug for the first 2 seasons then he might have some good will built up and we would give him the benefit of the doubt.  However everything he has done and said has been retarded so that is like you say, why we are having this conversation

• Pie 1