• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

A young lion needs to learn how to hunt.  Apparently, one of the older lions in the pride is trying to show the young lion how to hunt.  But the problem is the dominant lion will not allow him to hunt because the dominant lion in this pride is a vegan.

The lions in other prides also think the dominant lion in this pride is a moron, but they are not going to say anything because it improves their hunting once hunting season commences.  Why question an easy meal?

This sounds like a remake of The Lion King written, directed by and starring Tommy Wiseau.

"I did not kill Mufasa! I did noooottt...Oh hi, Mark" 🤨

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

If Matt Rhule came out a long time ago after his 2nd 5 win season and said "Hey, we're working hard, we're preparing hard and I as a coach have to be better as a team, we have to be better," that would be more endearing. Instead he give us bullsh*t.

"My kids are so excited to meet Cam" "I can't wait to coach Cam Newton."

"It's working."(wtf is "it") "They're buying in."

"This is going to be a QB competition."

He didn't even allow Corral to be a part of said competition, he cut his actual reps to nothing and he coddled Baker to the "finish line"

All bullsh*t.

To me, Sam has turned his apple cart over. In totality Sam has put the smack down on Baker in that Baker didn't come in and show himself to be head and shoulders above Sam.

I had a pretty good vantage point in person Thursday (maybe too close to Corral for some of your liking) to see Sam move the ball consistently while Baker had trouble, running horizontally and whatnot. I don't think Sam or Baker are starter material in this day and age but Sam ain't going out like a beeeyach. He's making Rhule and his hookup country club mentality look foolish.

Go Sam go!

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

We made it through 1 preseason game before Rhule proves why he should never have been brought back for a 3rd year to fail. Whatever gets him fired and all but damn he is not an NFL quality coach. It just stinks watching us waste valuable years of guys on rookie contracts to this BS. 

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

All the quotes from Rhule in here make me want to cry. 

...Its like this dude  has not done much of note with logic and common sense... (maybe Mayfield). Do we have to get to a Hue Jackson record before the plug gets pulled?...its lookin that way.

41 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Aaaaaaand the offense was exactly the same when Brady was gone, proving he made Brady run his bullsh*t offense in the first place. Aaaaaaaaand he yet again threw somebody under the bus in an interview instead of taking personal responsibility as a leader should do.

It's your fault Matt. The bungling on the offensive side of the ball was YOU. The defense? That's Phil Snow. Take responsibility.

Even our rookie Young Lion, Golden Boy said any short comings lie within himself and are for him to correct. Immature Rhule blames others. 

I wish I had the energy to find the clip of Rhule explaining how they went about gameplanning each week.  But it wasn't like was Joe Brady was just doing whatever he thought was best each week.  Rhule explained that X coach would gameplan for what they would do on short yardage, X coach would do the game planning for 3rd and long, X coach would do the planning for redzone, etc.  And it was a bunch of positional coaches.   And then the O of course was lead by Rhule's handpicked Darnold.  But it's not Rhule's fault.  The HC overseeing the entire game as it is called out in the ear.   Matt Rhule would complain each week like he was trapped in a bunker and would crawl out to see the results that he had nothing to do with. 

• Beer 1