• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers expected to name Baker Mayfield Week 1 starter.

hepcat

19 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

This place lol.  They cry about Icky not starting immediately, Rhule wants him to earn his spot, he does and is now the starter, the huddle cries.  The huddle cries that Baker isnt the starting qb, rhule says their is a competition, Baker wins it, Baker is named the starter, and alas, the huddle cries.

Did Brown or Horn have to "earn" their spot

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

4 simple question??

1. Who was the DT or CB who was better holding them off from starting??

2. Do you think BC is a talented player Especially at LT and could have been strong competition for LT starting out??

3. Do you know if transition at LT(from college to pro's)is harder or easier then DT and CB??

4. Could starting BC (who at least is furthur along in his development) at LT made it easier to evaluate the QB position?? Instead having a rookie at a top 3 important position making his mistake in protection while trying to evaluate the QB who were on a Competition...

• Pie 3

Just now, WOW!! said:

4 simple question??

2. Do you think BC is a talented player Especially at LT and could have been strong competition for LT starting out??

3. Do you know if transition at LT(from college to pro's)is harder or easier then DT and CB??

4. Could starting BC (who at least is furthur along in his development) at LT made it easier to evaluate the QB position?? Instead having a rookie at a top 3 important position making his mistake in protection while trying to evaluate the QB who were on a Competition...

you didnt answer my question

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

4 simple question??

1. Do we have a better left tackle on our roster then Ekwonu (or a better quarterback than Mayfield)?

2. Good player? Yeah, but the "competition" was still dumb.

3. Probably harder, but that's why you give them as many reps as possible rather than subjecting them to a stupid competition.

4. A professional staff should be able to do both. In fact, many of them do.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you didnt answer my question

I actually did @mrcompletely11..

If you actually read my post and answer  2 of the questions.. You have your answer why??

2 DT and 2 CB usually start.. Other then a (injured KK) who was Brown's competition?? Same with CB.. Other then DJax who was the other CB on the team to compete with Horn to start??

Answer: There wasn't 1.. Different story for Ickey where you had BC and only 1 LT can start..

Finally the transition for Olinemen from College to Pros is alot harder then DT and CB. This is Reality..

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I actually did @mrcompletely11..

If you actually read my post and answer  2 of the questions.. You have your answer why??

2 DT and 2 CB usually start.. Other then a (injured KK) who was Brown's competition?? Same with CB.. Other then DJax who was the other CB on the team to compete with Horn to start??

Answer: There wasn't 1.. Different story for Ickey where you had BC and only 1 LT can start..

Finally the transition for Olinemen from College to Pros is alot harder then DT and CB. This is Reality..

so the answer to my question is "NO"

Thanks for the excuses though.  I love how you defend rhule

how about this, if we had traded for Watson would he be in a competition with darnold?

10 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Well damn.  90% of the posts on here are complaining about this.  What am I going to read now.   Could’ve just waited a couple days before uncorking this and kept me entertained. 

Friggin Matt Rhule ruins everything…

watch out grouchy old man Razor is going to lay the ban hammer down on those complaining about complaining

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

1. Do we have a better left tackle on our roster then Ekwonu (or a better quarterback than Mayfield)?

2. Good player? Yeah, but the "competition" was still dumb.

3. Probably harder, but that's why you give them as many reps as possible rather than subjecting them to a stupid competition.

4. A professional staff should be able to do both. In fact, many of them do.

1. Yes.. Starting out 1st few weeks.. BC looks better and is more developed and had NFL snaps at the position.. Their is actually video of BC looking better the 1st few weeks of TC then Ikey..

2. Your opinion.. Cool.. But Reality Gross didn't start right away at LT.. Its a hard transition for anybody to make and we're talking 2 weeks and a half of a 6 week process before he was name starter.. Are we really butt hurt over a 2week competition??

3. AGAIN rep Distribution with no actual facts about how 2weeks of shares reps and 4 weeks of 1st reps is different from 6 weeks of 1st reps.. is it that big of a difference??

4. New staff will take adjustments.. But again we're getting to the point where everybody thought we would get to right?? And we're only in week 2 of preseason..

Reality check.. It took Rivera "professional coaching staff " till week 4 of preseason to give CAm the job over Clausen..

• Flames 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

1. Yes.. Starting out 1st few weeks.. BC looks better and is more developed and had NFL snaps at the position.. Their is actually video of BC looking better the 1st few weeks of TC then Ikey..

2. Your opinion.. Cool.. But Reality Gross didn't start right away at LT.. Its a hard transition for anybody to make and we're talking 2 weeks and a half of a 6 week process before he was name starter.. Are we really butt hurt over a 2week competition??

3. AGAIN rep Distribution with no actual facts about how 2weeks of shares reps and 4 weeks of 1st reps is different from 6 weeks of 1st reps.. is it that big of a difference??

4. New staff will take adjustments.. But again we're getting to the point where everybody thought we would get to right?? And we're only in week 2 of preseason..

Reality check.. It took Rivera "professional coaching staff " till week 4 of preseason to give CAm the job over Clausen..

1. Then why isn't he starting now?

2. Gross started right away, though not at left tackle. We had a much more viable option there than Brady Christensen at the time. Even so, could he have started? Based on what we know now, I'd say probably.

3. You acknowledge in your previous answer that it's a hard transition and they need a lot of work, yet turn around and defend not giving them as many reps as we could have. It's kind of a weird position.

4. Are we? I suspect we'll have a better answer to that on Week One of the regular season then we do Week Two of the preseason.

• Poo 1

35 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

CB and DT are both positions with multiple "starters".  They were also clearly in the top two of those.  LT is different, BC improved a lot in the offseason according to everyone and Icky they clearly want to play LT.  They had a competition and within 2 weeks of pads they decided Icky was good enough to start.  I dont see any problem at all with how that was handled.  If you are talking about Corral then yea, hes nowhere near Baker or even Sam right now.  I know we as fans have a huge emphasis on Corral and his importance to the team but the team looks at him as a third round rookie (as they should).  You have to show something in the snaps you get to earn more.   So far he hasnt, hopefully he will.  The Rhule haters really think that if Corral hadnt showed up and showed out at camp he wouldn't have got more snaps?  The best thing for the team and the coaching staff would have been Corral to show up and be Tom Brady in camp. . That didnt happen yet.  For now he will end up being the third string qb.  No team in the nfl gives their set third string qb a lot of snaps in practice. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

so the answer to my question is "NO"

Thanks for the excuses though.  I love how you defend rhule

how about this, if we had traded for Watson would he be in a competition with darnold?

I'm sorry @mrcompletely11 I forgot you choose not to be a adult and use "context" in answering questions and having a discussion.. MY bad...

Again understanding the situation is not defending Rhule.. Grow up please??

3.. Do you understand the difference between Mayfield/Darnold and Watson??

Simple analysis would show getting Baker is a 4th round pick and his former team paying most his contract.. Right??

While getting Watson was trading 3 years of 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks, top young players on the roster and 230 mil "guaranteed " contract  .

Do you see the difference why some player wouldn't be in a competition?? Lol

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

1. Then why isn't he starting now?

2. Gross started right away, though not at left tackle. We had a much more viable option there than Brady Christensen at the time. Even so, could he have started? Based on what we know now, I'd say probably.

3. You acknowledge in your previous answer that it's a hard transition and they need a lot of work, yet turn around and defend not giving them as many reps as we could have. It's kind of a weird position.

4. Are we? I suspect we'll have a better answer to that on Week One of the regular season then we do Week Two of the preseason.

1. He showed enough improvement and earn the trust of "James Campen " (a highly  respected Oline coach around the league) that the long term plan to have him at LT is viable now..

2. That's right the number 8th pick LT started at RT his rookie year.. And nobody was up in arms about him not being the Long term LT a year later then Ickey is now..

So let be realistic about the reason this is a issue with some of you now..  You trust Fox over Rhule which is okay and understandable.. But stop acting like some of you are rep experts and know how to run a TC for a pro NFL team...

3. I also Acknowledge that I don't know or have evidence of a major difference between 2weeks of shared reps and 4 weeks of all 1st reps or 6 weeks of 1st reps.. Neither do you.. So why are we  making a big deal about the affect of rep Distribution when we don't know the difference??

4. Exactly... But we still won't because it isn't a simple question to answer...

Example...

Cam shared reps all TC and Preseason then broke every record for Rookie QBS..

Clausen got Alot more 1st team reps his rookie season and sucked...

(I might be wrong about Clausen because I don't remember when Matt went down in preseason)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2