• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Bills preseason, Josh Allen playing

GOAT

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Josh Allen has thrown 3 balls this entire preseason..... Talk about a serious lack of awareness.

the first preseason is a wash, really. stars should not be playing, but guys without any chemistry and are fighting to earn the starting job should be.

second preseason game should be a dress rehearsal. The bills came out with their starters and looked sharp.

the last preseason game is also a wash, rest starters - get ready for the reg season.

please provide a detailed explanation why Matt Rhule is making the right call as an NFL coach by sitting both (lol) of his "starting" QB's in the dress rehearsal game when they barely showed any sign of chemistry / reg season readiness. 

4 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Packers didn't dress 30 players for this week's game

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-saints-inactives-preseason-week-2-2022

the point is that teams with a coach on the hot seat and no starting QB named that just joined the team a month ago should DEFINITELY be playing a series in the dress rehearsal game.

Packers? Chiefs? Bills? Rams? they don't need to. but the fact that the Bills are playing their MVP while they prep for a superbowl run just goes to show that this a dress rehearsal and if there ever is a time to get some starter reps in, it would've been last night.

please keep naming teams that are resting starters though please Chuck.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

the first preseason is a wash, really. stars should not be playing, but guys without any chemistry and are fighting to earn the starting job should be.

second preseason game should be a dress rehearsal. The bills came out with their starters and looked sharp.

the last preseason game is also a wash, rest starters - get ready for the reg season.

please provide a detailed explanation why Matt Rhule is making the right call as an NFL coach by sitting both (lol) of his "starting" QB's in the dress rehearsal game when they barely showed any sign of chemistry / reg season readiness. 

how can you say this with certainty when this is the 2nd season of 3 preseason games? Show me data that says preseason game 2 is the official "dress rehearsal" of the NFL. 

Let's take a look at a couple of week 2 preseason games last year...

Rams v Chargers : Starters sat.

Bills v Lions: Bills sit starters

Bengals v Bucs : Sit starters
Titans v Falcons: Sit Starters

Also this "Rest starters" there is a one week bye before the season.... how much rest do they need?

There is no flat data that supports this mindless theory you are dying on a hill for. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

how can you say this with certainty when this is the 2nd season of 3 preseason games? Show me data that says preseason game 2 is the official "dress rehearsal" of the NFL. 

Let's take a look at a couple of week 2 preseason games last year...

Rams v Chargers : Starters sat.

Bills v Lions: Bills sit starters

Bengals v Bucs : Sit starters
Titans v Falcons: Sit Starters

Also this "Rest starters" there is a one week bye before the season.... how much rest do they need?

There is no flat data that supports this mindless theory you are dying on a hill for. 

you failed the assignment.

this was the question:

Just now, GOAT said:

you failed the assignment.

this was the question:

the topic isnt about Rhule. Its about your misperception on how preseason is "supposed to be run." 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

the topic isnt about Rhule. Its about your misperception on how preseason is "supposed to be run." 

no haha it's really not. you're deciding to make the topic what you want it to be. my question is about our situation.

I asked the question, it's my question. you can't re-interpret my question to try and favor your stance bud.

• Poo 1

41 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Rhule is such a buffoon. The game that every other legit contender treats as a dress rehearsal and is fine tuning things - he trots out PJ to start. He has zero clue what he’s doing besides going against the norm on everything to appear smart. 

This. Rhule thinks he’s smarter than everyone else and it’s set this franchise back 5 years at least. 

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

This is simply not true.

Oh, really? Please enlighten me then because that is exactly what it appears like with these two eyeballs. I don't care if theres a few select teams with their incumbent, proven starters that aren't playing. We are not in that situation. 

Baker and the 1's should have been out there for the 1st quarter at least to show they got things running smoothly. Through the 2nd if things were rough. This constant game of flipping around players and inserting people here to try formation X should have been hammered out weeks ago. 

We look like idiots because we have an idiot captaining this ship. He does not know what he's doing. He has not known what he's doing since he got here, yet here he is. 

His "process" has basically been a complete reset every single year. If part of his great "plan" was to re-evaluate every part of his staff and QBs on a yearly basis this shows me 2 things - 

1 - HE HAS NO PROCESS

2 - If he does, then its terrible and he should be fired because we are in no better situation than the day he got here. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

So Allen plays one series getting his first play of preseason and this is a dress rehearsal? He's played the same number of series as Mayfield 

Exactly, they came out, looked sharp, and that was all they needed to see. We have yet to have a series from anyone that looks that way. But we keep wasting chances with people who aren't even going to be on the team in a week. 

8 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Oh, really? Please enlighten me then because that is exactly what it appears like with these two eyeballs. I don't care if theres a few select teams with their incumbent, proven starters that aren't playing. We are not in that situation. 

Baker and the 1's should have been out there for the 1st quarter at least to show they got things running smoothly. Through the 2nd if things were rough. This constant game of flipping around players and inserting people here to try formation X should have been hammered out weeks ago. 

We look like idiots because we have an idiot captaining this ship. He does not know what he's doing. He has not known what he's doing since he got here, yet here he is. 

His "process" has basically been a complete reset every single year. If part of his great "plan" was to re-evaluate every part of his staff and QBs on a yearly basis this shows me 2 things - 

1 - HE HAS NO PROCESS

2 - If he does, then its terrible and he should be fired because we are in no better situation than the day he got here. 

Literally the only teams has played starters so far this week are the Patriots (who played no starters preseason week 1) and the Bills (who played 1 series). Every other team that has played so far this week has started back ups. Your the one who needs to open eyes and pay attention.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Literally the only teams has played starters so far this week are the Patriots (who played no starters preseason week 1) and the Bills (who played 1 series). Every other team that has played so far this week has started back ups. Your the one who needs to open eyes and pay attention.

That is such an insignificant part of what I said. What teams are playing starters and what teams aren't makes no difference to me. You chose to ignore all the other very valid points I made about our coach who rides the line of being on the spectrum.