• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

Just now, rippadonn said:

He wasn't ready for full speed. Throwing or running. Reps are physically and mentally beneficial. Without reps,without practicing, playing football at a high level of intensity and to be expected as a rookie to come in and play without that support. Of course something like this would happen.

Nothing takes the place of actually playing football. Studying football doesn't get you ready to play football. He wasn't valued, he wasn't appreciated and was only an afterthought as far as our amateur coach was concerned.

He set Matt Corral up for failure, not success, he never wanted him. 4th string QBs usually WON'T be ready by design, Matt Rhules design.

But... Baker, Baker, Baker, smh... follow Matt Rhule into that dark hole if you want to, I'll watch from back here.

Have fun. 

2 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Well, there's a multitude but I'm not sure to which you are referring specifically? The failure in scouting?

Scouting and developing.  If they evaluated this kid and had a first on him and then he dropped like a rock then that’s telling.   The fact that fitt gave up 2 thirds is even more concerning.    

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He wasn't ready for full speed. Throwing or running. Reps are physically and mentally beneficial. Without reps,without practicing, playing football at a high level of intensity and to be expected as a rookie to come in and play without that support. Of course something like this would happen.

Nothing takes the place of actually playing football. Studying football doesn't get you ready to play football. He wasn't valued, he wasn't appreciated and was only an afterthought as far as our amateur coach was concerned.

He set Matt Corral up for failure, not success, he never wanted him. 4th string QBs usually WON'T be ready by design, Matt Rhules design.

But... Baker, Baker, Baker, smh... follow Matt Rhule into that dark hole if you want to, I'll watch from back here.

It’s ok to like both Baker and Corral. You do realize that right? Baker was the one talking/helping Corral the most. I mean one could argue Baker had a shitty staff developing him as a rookie also.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Scouting and developing.  If they evaluated this kid and had a first on him and then he dropped like a rock then that’s telling.   The fact that fitt gave up 2 thirds is even more concerning.    

Meh, every team makes mistakes on evaluation through the draft process. I still don't think we gave up much on the chance that they would catch lightning in a bottle with Corral. They just realized quickly that they hadn't I think.

11 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Yeah, maybe but the chance just seems so very minuscule from my perspective. I think once it was realized that Corral just wasn't anywhere close to pro-ready that his chances of ever starting here were completely thrown out the window.

That's poppycock. McAdoo had him as QB1 on their big board. That's pro ready and McAdoo is better than any of us at that evaluation.

What REALLY happened was Matt Rhule.

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It was a 4th and future 3rd, but yeah I get your point. A 4th and future 3rd doesn’t scream this guy will become our starter IMO. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Meh, every team makes mistakes on evaluation through the draft process. I still don't think we gave up much on the chance that they would catch lightning in a bottle with Corral. They just realized quickly that they hadn't I think.

This will be the 3rd (4rth if baker tanks) attempt at evaluating a qb.  Thats a problem

If you had a first round grade on him as you say and he is that far behind, thats a problem

I wouldnt want either Fitt or Rhule anywhere near scouting and drafting the next qb

Edited by mrcompletely11