• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN 1st Round Pick Preseason Reviews(LT only Edition)

kungfoodude

19 minutes ago, Waldo said:

And 30 lbs lighter on those knees...

Watching what has happened with Becton has really changed my view on huge linemen at 350 plus lbs. I know how much being 375 made my knees hurt and I wasn't torquing on them near as much as these guys are. That's a lot of weight and leverage on a weak area. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Neal was one of those guys that gave me a feeling something was just...off the more I looked at him. I liked Cross though.

Didn't think as much about Ekwonu pre-draft because I believed there was no way in hell he'd drop to us.

Throw in the fact Alabama O-lineman are like buying a souped up 2006 Dodge Charger with 830,000 miles in 2022.

• Flames 1

Not worried about ICKY at all. The athleticism and power he has is insane. He may struggle in pass protection like everyone said he would out of college, but that's completely normal. And my favorite part about Icky is his work ethic and mentality. He will work his ass off to get better at pass pro in the future and with good coaching can be a perineal pro bowler. I honestly have been very pleased. He has only gotten beat by speed rushers and stunts which he hasn't seen much of yet. He will drastically improve in pass pro and the mentality, power, run blocking is all there.

• Beer 2

I had it:

1. Cross

2. Icky 

3. Neal 

coming out, but that's just because Cross was so good in pass protection and I thought that's what we needed the most. Icky def had/has the most potential, best work ethic and mentality. If he can develop in pass pro the sky is the limit and he can be a top 5 LT in this league. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

And don't freak out when Myles Garrett and TJ Watt beat him in his first two games. They are literally the best pass rushers in the league and he is a rookie. 

That is bound to happen. He'd probably fare better than Erving or Christensen. 

Likely all of them would get mauled by those two.