• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral vs the rest of the rookie field

micnificent28

Impossible to say what he will or won't be given the initial circumstances we put a rookie QB into. If we had taken any of the other rookie QB's they would have looked the same behind the backup OL and with the coaching staff giving the rookie very little real practice reps. The results working with the 2nd and 3rd string oline speaks for itself. Walker beaten up Corral heading to IR and now Darnold out for several weeks. You're kidding yourself if you think Willis Howell Ridder or others look promising under Rhule's mismanagement.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Impossible to say what he will or won't be given the initial circumstances we put a rookie QB into. If we had taken any of the other rookie QB's they would have looked the same behind the backup OL and with the coaching staff giving the rookie very little real practice reps. The results working with the 2nd and 3rd string oline speaks for itself. Walker beaten up Corral heading to IR and now Darnold out for several weeks. You're kidding yourself if you think Willis Howell Ridder or others look promising under Rhule's mismanagement.

I'm gonna be honest, this just reads like copium. Ballers ball. Even when put in bad situations they find a way to show they belong.

Corral simply didn't look like an NFL player. He needs a LOT of work but he's not gonna get any on IR.

Not good.

• Pie 3

I think people have WAY to much emotion invested in Corral and are setting themselves up for disappointment. 

If he panned out, great. If he doesnt? no sweat off my back and there are better QBs in this upcoming draft who arent as raw. Plus if Baker plays as well as he is capable we might already have a franchise Qb on the roster. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm gonna be honest, this just reads like copium. Ballers ball. Even when put in bad situations they find a way to show they belong.

Corral simply didn't look like an NFL player. He needs a LOT of work but he's not gonna get any on IR.

Not good.

We'll see about that copium you speak of when Baker is running for his life if we get a few banged up olinemen. I'll be eager to see how much better he fares after several weeks of it.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

We'll see about that copium you speak of when Baker is running for his life if we get a few banged up olinemen. I'll be eager to see how much better he fares after several weeks of it.

So you're gonna root for our starter to struggle because your crush of a rookie looked terrible? 😂 Okay...

• Flames 1

3rd round rookies rarely rescue franchises, and some fans seemed to think that was his future here. I'll be happy if he turns into a solid backup. His story isn't written yet but it isn't looking particularly promising all things considered. He'll get another shot to show what he learned next year.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So you're gonna root for our starter to struggle because your crush of a rookie looked terrible? 😂 Okay...

Being realistic about our oline depth and Matt Rhule still looking out of his depth = I am rooting for Baker to fail?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

ihey s Matt Corral a smart talented all around good kid that his family especially his parents should be proud of? ABSOLUTELY YES...

do I think that he is ever going to become a starting Qb one day in the NFL?.. absolutely without a shadow of a doubt absolutely NOT...

do I think he can develop into a decent backup Qb in this league...once again NO...

do I hope that I am wrong about Matt Corrall's future in the NFL...YES & as long as he is a Carolina Panther then HE[[ YES...

is the Huddle going to like this post? ...DEFINITELY NOT...

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, frankw said:

Wholly disagree, I’ve watched nearly every snap from Willis, Howell, and Thompson and they are playing with the same quality of OL players that Corral played with. Titan fans were asking for Willis to come out tonight with how bad Tennessee’s OL was playing.

Elite players will step in a get it done. It’s quite obvious that the game is way too quick for Corral right now.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

You can tell who wanted him to fail and why. He wasn't even my first choice I wanted Malik Willis based on his ceiling and playmaking ability. But there was no reason to hate on our draft pick unlike certain Howell fanboys.

😂 😂 😂

Corral was my #2 QB in this draft class. Yeah, I would've rather had Howell but I wasn't upset about picking Corral.

Some picks pan out and some don't. Honestly, I'm pretty shocked by how atrocious Corral looked, but he DID look atrocious.