• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HOD Episode 2

Panthers Fan 69

Yeah, didn't pick up until the later bits but set up a lot of plot. There's going to be a second season at the least, so I don't expect it to fly along. Interesting though that before E1 I thought Daemon was fighting the king via previews but now it looks like he's taking on the crab guy instead.

epi 2 was setting up the political conflict (SEA SNAKE!) that will lead to the eventually downfall of the targareans over the next 200 years.

I suspect that later this season when we get the older Raeygan vs her former-best-friend, things will pick up significantly.

But so far? Like what they've done with the place

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep. If they wanted to do time skips, they could have done that by season.

The big conflict of fire and blood doesn’t occur until Viserys and Alicent’s children are grown. 

It would take a lot of seasons to watch children grow up lol

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

GoT did the whole children growing up thing and it worked well for the most part.

GoT is an entirely different story tho. 
I think when HoTD’s actual conflict begins - you’ll be satisfied. Seems like these early episodes are setting the stage