• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Camp Confidential pt.2 Tomorrow

TheCasillas

22 minutes ago, trueblade said:

First five seconds of the video, Matt Rhule to the team after the Buffalo game: "Run the ball and stop the run"

That is Matt Rhule's football core belief. 

@poundawayIt's this kind of stuff that makes me think he isn't lying about the run focus. 

image.png.01e88426fd2a4010a07364d32c0a2450.png

I'm wondering how this is going to play out.

McAdoo was pass focused in NY.  They didn't have CMC level talent there though. 

Preseason was tilted pass, but CMC wasn't on the field.  We just added another WR to what looked like a crowded WR room.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, poundaway said:

We just added another WR to what looked like a crowded WR room.

As I think about this, Shenault looks like a hybrid player though.  He has lined up in the backfield.   We were looking at Mims though who isn't like that. 

Hard to tell.  I'd suspect the Browns are guessing too.

• Pie 4

A lot of people don’t like the “run the ball, stop the run” aspect of Rhule, but I don’t get it. 

He’s not saying “run the ball and who cares about being good in the air.”

Controlling the game/clock is done through the run. Wearing teams down and keeping their offense off the field wins games. 

And we will run the ball better with competent QB play and an upgraded line. 

Making Rhule out to have “old thinking” in this regard is silly, and just a reach to hate on Rhule. Maybe that’s because he has worked to fix things that were topics of hate before (o-line, QB, OC, GM duties etc).

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Controlling the game/clock is done through the run. Wearing teams down and keeping their offense off the field wins games. 

Is that Buffalo does? Is that what KC does? Is that what LAR does? I don't think so.  

I'm just worried Rhule is still in the Foxball mindset. I'd really love to see or hear something from him that makes me think otherwise.

7 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Is that Buffalo does? Is that what KC does? Is that what LAR does? I don't think so.  

I'm just worried Rhule is still in the Foxball mindset. I'd really love to see or hear something from him that makes me think otherwise.

We don’t have the qb to be a pass heavy team. 

• Pie 3