• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Refs screwed us

gorillamilitia13

Just now, Diehardpanth02 said:

Those who blame the refs when they lose, are the same ones that call you a sore loser when they win because the refs.

Take credit when you win. Accept blame when you lose. Anything else makes you look like a dweeb

Agreed. It sucks that there were blown calls but poo happens. Still think we should have gone for the TD and not left the game up to the refs… but hey, that’s just me.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, scratched said:

I’ve not seen anybody taking up for the coaching staff? This is an argument about whether the Panthers got hosed or not? And if you watched the game, you can’t tell me we didn’t get screwed! I don’t think anybody is exactly happy about the overall game today. But we played well enough to have the lead with a little over a minute to go. I’m just as pissed about the defensive PI in the end zone as I am about the roughing the passer call. 

He is the village idiot...Making up narratives is his thing.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Don’t think anyone is arguing that, call was blown, everyone has to move on and then go make a play. Brissett hit Peoples-Jones for 13 yards and Cooper for 9 yards after the roughing the passer call. We still had a chance to make up for the shitty call and we didn’t.

Yes that 13 yard pass killed us for sure. All phases of the game let us down today. Sure the refs sucked and blew two huge calls, but tipped passes, botched snaps, the INT, poor tackling, horrible play calling (first half), horrible undisciplined penalties and giving up most third downs lost the game. Oh and how could I forget, horrible run defense, just putrid. Brown was non existent. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

lolololol so its the refs fault we lost

Sweet Christ guys you are going to be a godsend going forward this season.  The level of excuses is going to be awesome, please dont stop

I'm not blaming the refs for why we lost, but it would be nice if they at least knew the rules or would call the booth for clarification. 

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Agreed. It sucks that there were blown calls but poo happens. Still think we should have gone for the TD and not left the game up to the refs… but hey, that’s just me.

I agree you go for the kill, 3 of CMCs ten carries were right there into a 10 man front.... But it doesn't excuse the bullshit calls.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Yes that 13 yard pass killed us for sure. All phases of the game let us down today. Sure the refs sucked and blew two huge calls, but tipped passes, botched snaps, the INT, poor tackling, horrible play calling (first half), horrible undisciplined penalties and giving up most third downs lost the game. Oh and how could I forget, horrible run defense, just putrid. Brown was non existent. 

If we’d have played a clean game I’d have my pitchfork ready as well, with the we played… it ain’t worth it.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, poundaway said:

No you're arguing that it doesn't matter, an even more insane position.

Of course it matters but it's one small factor in a larger picture. 355 yards of offense led by a backup quarterback on our defense that we have made significant investments in was a pretty heavy factor. We brought new veteran coaches in to help this staff prevent scenarios where a bad call or two can sink our game. Why do you not want to talk about how woefully unprepared we looked in the first half yet again? Who is responsible for that? The refs? If we come out and punch them in the mouth it's a different game. Instead we had less than 20 yards of offense for what a whole half almost? So what happened to the innovation with McAdoo? We can't hide behind blaming the refs for 16 more games.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Of course it matters but it's one small factor in a larger picture. 355 yards of offense led by a backup quarterback on our defense that we have made significant investments in was a pretty heavy factor. We brought new veteran coaches in to help this staff prevent scenarios where a bad call or two can sink our game. Why do you not want to talk about how woefully unprepared we looked in the first half yet again? Who is responsible for that? The refs? If we come out and punch them in the mouth it's a different game. Instead we had less than 20 yards of offense for what a whole half almost? So what happened to the innovation with McAdoo? We can't hide behind blaming the refs for 16 more games.

Truth

why aren’t the sunshiners talking about our gameplan 

• Beer 1