• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC/Chubb run usage - next gen chart

CRA

1 hour ago, theinstrumental said:

That is an outside zone distribution vs a gap/power distribution. There’s nothing wrong with either emphasis. The difference on Sunday was in the execution of the teams’ offensive and defensive lines.

Gap/power and zone can run either it's just a blocking system. What we did was just try and avoid their DEs which they planned on. You have to be creative in the NFL and if you're not you get Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's actually right as far as a strict stats perspective.

That said, I'm not sure if anybody has stated whether the play was intended to be a run or not.

Stats are right, I agree with that. 

However, it is clear as day that the call was a run play. While else would DJ and Ian engage in blocks and Elf pull? Unless it was a screen play but I believe that would be OPI on DJ.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Stats are right, I agree with that. 

However, it is clear as day that the call was a run play. While else would DJ and Ian engage in blocks and Elf pull? Unless it was a screen play but I believe that would be OPI on DJ.

It looks like a run play to me too.

Again though with that said, it's kind of hard to suggest that the play was drawn up the way it came out.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It looks like a run play to me too.

Again though with that said, it's kind of hard to suggest that the play was drawn up the way it came out.

Are you referring to the botched snap as hard to suggest that the play was drawn up that way? If so, I agree. No one draws up an intentional botched snap at this level.