• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

100% SPECULATION: Panthers MAY BE open to re-signing Baker for 2023

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You keep shitting on Baker. Who do you want us to play? PJ? That’s our only option right now. He was calling you out for constantly hating on our best option at QB. You call anyone that defends him “Baker Bros” and act like we think he is a HOF right now. Just relax and see what happens. If he struggles we move on and hopefully fire Rhule. If he plays great we have competitive football to watch. It’s a win/win.

Yep. This is all I'm saying.

This "Baker Bro" think figment of his imagination. Anyone who is willing to take a wait and see approach on Mayfield is delusional in his mind.

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You keep shitting on Baker. Who do you want us to play? PJ? That’s our only option right now. He was calling you out for constantly hating on our best option at QB. You call anyone that defends him “Baker Bros” and act like we think he is a HOF right now. Just relax and see what happens. If he struggles we move on and hopefully fire Rhule. If he plays great we have competitive football to watch. It’s a win/win.

Yeah Baker is catching some flack. His history preceded him. He came out unfocused Sunday just like they (Cleveland media) said he would.

You can't chase good money after bad. My main gripe is the dumbass who made this mess in the first place.

NO. I'm not going to settle while one of the things I love and take pride in the most is drug into the pits of Jets/Browndom.

You can. You can also drink the Kool aid if you want to, no thanks.

What is really sad is, yes, Matt Corral IS the best QB on this roster. That was the only hope for a future on this roster but he wasn't Kenny Pickett thus of absolutely no value to be protected by at least second stringers and now IF the master dufus plan of Baker, Baker, Baker goes south, yes, then what? Good point.

To be OK with this as a Panther fan is treason.

Corral won't even get a chance to start if Rhule is fired. The new coaching staff will likely draft a QB even if we have to trade picks to move up. Also considering we're over the cap by 20 million next year unless Baker takes a short term team friendly deal or plays at a legitimate top 10 level I don't see a path where we re-sign him.

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Again with the worst line we could offer. Guys who wouldn't have made his college squad.

Judge him by that...Ok

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Against guys who aren't on rosters anymore who did nothing to gameplan against him. He still showed nothing. Listen, I liked Corral as a prospect. But the reality is that he looked awful and then the durability concerns reared their head.

It's a lot more rational to have a wait and see approach on Mayfield vs. continuing to proclaim Corral as the savior of the franchise.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You are manufacturing this narrative in your own mind because you're so irrationally butthurt about Matt Corral looking awful and then getting hurt. It's bizarre.

I haven't seen anyone trying to crown Baker Mayfield.

...yea...Corral aint it... wasted a pick...but...we had to keep swingin..this staff has been swingin hard...Bridgewater...Darnold, Cam.....Mayfield the best of the bunch...we godda get the number one pick right....

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...yea...Corral aint it... wasted a pick...but...we had to keep swingin..this staff has been swingin hard...Bridgewater...Darnold, Cam.....Mayfield the best of the bunch...we godda get the number one pick right....

I don't knock them at all for making the pick. I would've taken Howell instead but Corral was my #2 QB in the class. Well, #2 was right. 💩

4 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...Yea...had to swing for it...but the reality is...we wont know if he can lead an NFL team...i say... he cant...🤧

It's why the Panthers fan in me wanted Howell but the Howell fan in me wanted him to end up virtually anywhere else.

A mid-round QB coming into a dumpster fire of an organization with a coach on the hot seat and a GM who should be too? It sucks, but it might be a career killer. And that's before you end up on IR before the regular season even starts after looking like the worst rookie QB in the league in limited preseason action.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's why the Panthers fan in me wanted Howell but the Howell fan in me wanted him to end up virtually anywhere else.

A mid-round QB coming into a dumpster fire of an organization with a coach on the hot seat and a GM who should be too? It sucks, but it might be a career killer. And that's before you end up on IR before the regular season even starts after looking like the worst rookie QB in the league in limited preseason action.

...yea...im not sure what kinda chance the kid even has at this point...

29 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Yeah Baker is catching some flack. His history preceded him. He came out unfocused Sunday just like they (Cleveland media) said he would.

You can't chase good money after bad. My main gripe is the dumbass who made this mess in the first place.

NO. I'm not going to settle while one of the things I love and take pride in the most is drug into the pits of Jets/Browndom.

You can. You can also drink the Kool aid if you want to, no thanks.

What is really sad is, yes, Matt Corral IS the best QB on this roster. That was the only hope for a future on this roster but he wasn't Kenny Pickett thus of absolutely no value to be protected by at least second stringers and now IF the master dufus plan of Baker, Baker, Baker goes south, yes, then what? Good point.

To be OK with this as a Panther fan is treason.

Drink the Kool Aid?? WTF are you even babbling about. I said if he struggles we fire Rhule and move on from Baker. If people don’t agree with you it doesn’t mean they love Rhule or Baker. Crying on this board over and over about Baker and how Corral was the answer is pointless now. Corral is on IR and our options are Baker or PJ. So which one do you want starting tomorrow?

The operation Golden Corral was just spam to those of us posting on here. Rhule and Tepper aren’t going to read the Huddle and suddenly change their mind because someone with a Goku avatar is spamming they want this struggling rookie to start.

We have no long term investment in Baker. Our options were Sam, PJ, or Corral (who said himself he wasn’t ready) so we got Baker for cheap. He is our best option. If he struggles then we move on from him and Rhule.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1