• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dream HC/OC/DC Combination For Next Year?(Week 2 Edition)

Asaria

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not entirely sure about Dorsey either...

...but I can see him getting the job.

Maybe he’ll bring his current QB coach to be OC. He seems to be doing great work in Buffalo right now. 

What’s that guys name again?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, Hackett's still only two games in. Early returns had us thinking that Dan Campbell and Nick Sirianni were going to be bad too.

Speaking of Campbell...

LOL. Man he's wild. Never though I'd be in a position to envy the Lions.

Edited by therealmjl

23 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t know. Marty helped him the first time. Unlike you, I’m not impressed by Fitterer, so I’m not going to blanket state which one would be better. I’m really not sure why you have so much faith in Fitterer. Anyway, if Tepper picks the right helper, then I could see that staff picking be better than Fitterer.

Well for one, it doesn't necessarily take a huge amount of faith to trust anyone more than David Tepper.

But for another, Fitterer has twenty plus years of legitimate experience as an actual football guy, has connections around the league, and has Dan Morgan working with him.

I've yet to see anyone suggest a good reason why I should put more faith in Tepper whose coach hiring resume' basically consists of giving damn near a blank check to Matt Rhule,

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t. I miss the talent we collected at times like Cam, Luke, Short, Star, Kalil, Gross, Peppers, Norman, Turner, Norwell, etc. Give us a really talented team and we can find a good coach and maybe win it all. I wish we did replace Ron earlier and got a good OC and maybe kept McDermott.

That would have been nice, how often do keeps fire head coaches to promote coordinators?  

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well for one, it doesn't necessarily take a huge amount of faith to trust anyone more than David Tepper.

But for another, Fitterer has twenty plus years of legitimate experience as an actual football guy, has connections around the league, and has Dan Morgan working with him.

I've yet to see anyone suggest a good reason why I should put more faith in Tepper whose coach hiring resume' basically consists of giving damn near a blank check to Matt Rhule,

Only Tepper probably knows which moves were Fitts and which were Rhule. As you told me so often when we would discuss Marty, you judge a GM by his record. Fitts' record isn't good.

Tepper hires new GM. New GM hires coach. I'm pretty sure that's how the Vikings did it this past offseason.

Edited by trueblade

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Only Tepper probably knows which moves were Fitts and which were Rhule. As you told me so often when we would discuss Marty, you judge a GM by his record. Fitts' record isn't good.

Tepper hires new GM. New GM hires coach. I'm pretty sure that's how the Vikings did it this past offseason.

Va lid...when he gets to choose the coach.

Tepper had suggestions the last time we had a GM search. He wanted a non-traditional GM with an analytics background rather than a personnel background. Rhule wanted a talent evaluator, and he won the argument.

As mentioned previously, that is the one thing for which I'm thankful to Matt Rhule.

I don't trust Tepper to hire a good GM.

Hell, I'm not sure I'd trust Tepper to hire a good hot dog vendor.

• Pie 1