• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Film Room: Who's to Blame for 3rd Down Issues?

AlphabetsEnd

3 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I definitely think a combination of issues have led to the lackluster offensive performance so far. Baker's footwork hasn't seemed great and there's been multiple times he's bailed early from clean pockets. McAdoo's route combinations and playcalling are also leaving something to be desired. There's so much 11 and 12 personnel and little to no pre-snap motion to give Baker easier reads.

Ultimately though, I feel like the playcalling isn't playing to Baker's strengths - Stefanksi is a better OC/playcaller than McAdoo and he schemed up easy throws to take advantage of Baker's skills. McAdoo seems more determined to call plays he likes rather than plays tailored to take advantage of both the QB and playmakers like CMC and Moore.

In the modern NFL, you aren't going to last long unless you tailor your schemes to the strengths of your personnel. We are very bad at that on offense so far in 2022.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Honestly it sounds like everyone needs to take the next step. O-line lets pressure in too quickly on 3rd. Baker misses opportunities. WR aren't getting open, being in the right spot. Plays aren't the greatest. Someone in the building needs to have serious talks with the O coaching staff. 

Well all these things are hallmarks of.....being bad.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Honestly it sounds like everyone needs to take the next step. O-line lets pressure in too quickly on 3rd. Baker misses opportunities. WR aren't getting open, being in the right spot. Plays aren't the greatest. Someone in the building needs to have serious talks with the O coaching staff. 

yes...all this factors into a coaching/leadership problem. coach the players up and put them in better situations. take control of the situation. adapt who you have to what you need. 

55 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

McAdoo’s offense is regularly referred ti as QB friendly.  Eli is one to have used those specific words

His record says he's 27-37 as a head coach and a coordinator. Doesn't sound very QB friendly.

Edited by frankw

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

yes...all this factors into a coaching/leadership problem. coach the players up and put them in better situations. take control of the situation. adapt who you have to what you need. 

For sure it starts from the top when you can clearly see its more then a lack of execution. Someone on this offense has to show some fire too. Like...come on guys, someone has to WANT it. Coaches can only motivate so much too. I wonder if anyone in that offensive room even has better ideas? I took a look through that staff and while there is experience it all looks like they are tied to Rhule or MacAdoo, but that doesn't necessarily mean they see things the same way.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Apparently there's something wrong with Robbie's game but Newton doesn't know how to copy and paste links

I read the article earlier.  It's basically a new way of grading receivers specifically and based on last years rankings Anderson was the worst receiver in the nfl last season.  Including right ends.  DJ Moore also wasnt in the top 10 of any of their categories I noticed.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

It's basically a new way of grading receivers specifically and based on last years rankings Anderson was the worst receiver in the nfl last season.  Including right ends. 

After last season, I could completely believe Robby graded out worse than some DE's. That was one of the worst season's we have seen at the Panthers in a while. That's saying something considering some of our WR busts.

• Beer 1