• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many draft picks will Rhule and Fitterer trade for Mitch Trubisky next April?

Carl Spackler

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They have the option of using the exclusive franchise tag, which would basically mean nobody else can negotiate with him.

In that scenario, they hold all the cards.

but he would still want to be traded... The Ravens would be in a situation where they would have to trade him or risk him sitting out and they lose a starting QB for nothing. Player of his caliber can hold out and the Ravens would have to bend the knee.... or ship him out.

Edited by TheCasillas

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

but he would still want to be traded... The Ravens would be in a situation where they would have to trade him or risk him sitting out and they lose a starting QB for nothing. Player of his caliber can hold out and the Ravens would have to bend the knee.... or ship him out.

Or just do what the Texans did.

Also have to factor in that they believe in Tyler Huntley, so I doubt they'd have a problem starting Huntley while Jackson holds out.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Or just do what the Texans did.

Also have to factor in that they believe in Tyler Huntley, so I doubt they'd have a problem starting Huntley while Jackson holds out.

Huntley is a free agent too.  So if they do what the Texans did.... then they wont get players and picks like you suggested. It will most likely be the same price tag. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

For the moment...

they would have to give him money to stay, and knowing the Lamar fallout why wouldnt Tyler's agent ask for more money? Just like how Brissett got a fullly gauranteed contract.  It's a lot of money to dish out that the ravens would have to manage. This isnt the traditional space they work in. They normally trade big contracts or let players walk. 

6 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Nothing is cost prohibitive with our incompetent owner.

Well some things obviously should be 😄

I mean, on the one hand we've got people thinking we're going to trade a boatload of picks to the Ravens for Lamar jackson.

At the same time, we've got people thinking we're going to trade a boatload of picks to the Saints for Sean Payton.

Hell, there are probably people who think we're gonna do both.  They'll probably even use the Rams as justification.

And while yes, the Rams got a trophy, it looks like the bills are coming due on that spending (and fast).

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

they would have to give him money to stay, and knowing the Lamar fallout why wouldnt Tyler's agent ask for more money? Just like how Brissett got a fullly gauranteed contract.  It's a lot of money to dish out that the ravens would have to manage. This isnt the traditional space they work in. They normally trade big contracts or let players walk. 

Have they done that with quarterbacks though?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have they done that with quarterbacks though?

A single quarterback and they ate it. Which I can imagine has left some heartburn on that franchise from that decision. 3 of the 4 years after Flacco signed his big deal, they had losing seasons. Eric DeCosta served under Newsome during that period. I am sure he will bring his experience to the table during this situation. 

4 hours ago, X-Clown said:

If we can’t get him, I’m sure our first rounder in 2024 Will be enough to get Cooper Rush from Dallas.

That's an excellent dark horse. 

Favorite: Mitch Trubisky
Underdog: Carson Wentz
Darkhorse: Cooper Rush

Each of those three has a respectable shot at leading P.J. Walker on the depth chart next August.