• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you’re serious about winning, Brian Flores is the coach

TheBigKat

Absolutely not

Sure, he's a good coach, but he was fired because he couldn't get along with anyone in that building.

We're coming off of a coach who wasn't a fit for the NFL game and struggled to properly connect with and lead Men instead of teenagers, that's not a situation where you replace that coach with someone who was fired because they couldn't get along with others in the organization, totally wrong hire for the moment.

42 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

what is the best hire then? 

I do not have an answer to that.  I want some very good NFL minds making the recommendations to Tepper.  If he keeps Fitt, I hope that between Fitt and Morgan they can find a good answer. Morgan was in a good system at Buffalo so I hope he can have some input.  I do not want another HC that is in charge of everything.  Prefer the traditional GM and HC model.  Payton would want to much control, and like you, I cannot stand the guy.  I think that is Rivera's downfall in Washington....is that he is in charge.  I always  thought that Rivera would be more successful with a good strong GM.

As far as Fitt goes, it is hard to evaluate him from our perspective because we can't know that he has not been just executing what Rhule told him to do.  Only Tepper knows so God help us we have to rely on Tepper making that call.  ugh.  Just have to hope Tepper has someone he is talking to...but of course doubt it.

The sooner the team gets started on the HC search, the better. Rhule may not have yet lost the locker room, but Tepper is losing the fanbase.  The sea of red looked bad yesterday and it will only get worse.  There needs to be hope for the future.  At this point, an interim coach losing games is a lot better than hanging on to Rhule because Tepper wants to put off admitting he made a mistake.  Rip off the dam Band-Aid Dave and give us some hope.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

What kind of NFL owner fires a coach who took a dumpster fire of a franchise and roster and made them respectable almost immediately?!?

If Jeff Fisher gets two chances in this league, John Fox gets three chances then Flores sure as heck deserves another shot at it

You do realize that Adam Gase, yes I said Adam Gase had the exact same record the 3 previous years before Flores was hired? I'm a Panthers fan since 1995, but was diehard Miami before that and still follow them as my 1b team. Flores is not the answer at all! This dude had 4 offensive coordinators in 3 years, thats worse than Rhule. Flores was not liked and rubbed a lot of players and others the wrong way. Ross is a sleazeball, and so is Flores. 

3 hours ago, Montie_0123 said:

I’m game if he is given another chance he did make something out of nothing while with them.

He really didn't, had the same 3 year record that Adam Gase produced the previous 3 years even though they had a ton of draft picks during Flores time. Oh and Chris Grier goes with who his coach wants in the draft most of the time

7 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

The sooner the team gets started on the HC search, the better. Rhule may not have yet lost the locker room, but Tepper is losing the fanbase.  The sea of red looked bad yesterday and it will only get worse.  There needs to be hope for the future.  At this point, an interim coach losing games is a lot better than hanging on to Rhule because Tepper wants to put off admitting he made a mistake.  Rip off the dam Band-Aid Dave and give us some hope.

As I was typing this ....it happened!!!  

image.jpeg.0a0f05ad96158ca3290cd84b5cf3497c.jpeg

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

my memory may be hazy here but wasnt he in the Herbert camp?

He liked Tua and Herbert. Their GM wasn't a fan of Herbert's leadership skills. They drafted the guy they both liked. Flores was all complimentary of Tua until he put Tua on the field way to soon, Tua underperformed in a terrible spot to be put in, Watson became available, Flores and Watson had a relationship, and Flores butchered Tua from that point on

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The problem with a lot of Belichick disciples is they come in acting like Belichick from day one despite not havin earned that kind of respect yet.

The stories that came out about Flores Miami tenure certainly fit that description.

100% true and it was bad. Rhule was terrible in press conferences, he's great compared to Flores. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The problem with a lot of Belichick disciples is they come in acting like Belichick from day one despite not havin earned that kind of respect yet.

The stories that came out about Flores Miami tenure certainly fit that description.

100% true and it was bad. Rhule was terrible in press conferences, he's great compared to Flores. 

Why is everyone so high on him? Yeah, his last season with Miami was very good. Other than that he has not been very good. One good season a good coach does not make. I know a lot of you like that he clapped back at the man and all ... but that too doesn't make a good coach. Hell, John Fox and Rivera had very good seasons too lol.