• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly

Pazhoosier89

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Luke wants a future in coaching he needs to stay far, far away from this raging dumpster fire. Jumping into an interim staff in the midst of a tank year is not the start you want.

Experience is experience, no matter the situation. Hell you could argue this would be the best opportunity to get experience bc you are in midst of an obstacle that you could learn to overcome.  Chasing roses and sunshines will never prepare you for ambiguity or tough challenges...

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Experience is experience, no matter the situation. Hell you could argue this would be the best opportunity to get experience bc you are in midst of an obstacle that you could learn to overcome.  Chasing roses and sunshines will never prepare you for ambiguity or tough challenges...

This sounds straight out of Matt Rhule's upcoming "Football Motivation For Second Rate College Programs That Sure as Hell Doesn't Work in the NFL" book.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you want to try to build a career starting from the worst possible position then you better be really, REALLY good in which case you're gonna be fine no matter what. Starting out in a dumpster fire is just not advisable. 

I have a feeling in your field this doesnt apply, but in mine it does, along with many others as well. You dont get hired for easy going jobs when you have a certain skill set or talent. That's not why companies hire SLT members. It's normally to come in a fix/improve things.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I have a feeling in your field this doesnt apply, but in mine it does, along with many others as well. You dont get hired for easy going jobs when you have a certain skill set or talent. That's not why companies hire SLT members. It's normally to come in a fix/improve things.

I have no idea what your field is but what you're saying really isn't relevant here. If he wants to get into coaching I'm certain he could find a far better opportunity than this worst case scenario opportunity. That's what I'm saying. I'd never give anyone the advice of jumping head first into the worst possible opportunity available, especially when there would be far better opportunities if they look around. Yeah, it might work out great for him if he's great. But guess what, so would the much better opportunity. It's all risk, no reward. It would just be a flat out dumb move

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no idea what you're field is but what you're saying really isn't relevant here. If he wants to get into coaching I'm certain he could find a far better opportunity than this worst case scenario opportunity. That's what I'm saying. I'd never give anyone the advice of jumping head first into the worst possible opportunity available, especially when there would be far better opportunities if they look around. Yeah, it might work out great for him if he's great. But guess what, so would the much better opportunity. It's all risk, no reward. It would just be a flat out dumb move

He would surrounded by his trusted colleagues, and people he has worked for/with. At a franchise that would not hold his feet to the fire, and would welcome without issue. He would get experience coaching young linebacking room and be apart of game planning with Wilks. 

It's not like he is being thrown into a room by himself and told to win or lose his job. This is a challenge that would be worth going after and being surrounded by a support network that will empower his growth. Plus, this isnt his first rodeo being in a coaching circle. poo, he was doing it when he was injured, and he did it as an assistant two years ago. This is far from the "worst case scenario" for him. 

Worst case scenario would be him holding Phil Snow's jockstrap and clip board without having any say... or any other DC in the league for that matter. In this situation he gets to coach for someone that coached him.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He would surrounded by his trusted colleagues, and people he has worked for/with. At a franchise that would not hold his feet to the fire, and would welcome without issue. He would get experience coaching young linebacking room and be apart of game planning with Wilks. 

It's not like he is being thrown into a room by himself and told to win or lose his job. This is a challenge that would be worth going after and being surrounded by a support network that will empower his growth. Plus, this isnt his first rodeo being in a coaching circle. poo, he was doing it when he was injured, and he did it as an assistant two years ago. This is far from the "worst case scenario" for him. 

Worst case scenario would be him holding Phil Snow's jockstrap and clip board without having any say... or any other DC in the league for that matter. In this situation he gets to coach for someone that coached him.

I just think you really want to see Luke coaching for us. I get it, every good player we've ever had we've all talked about them possibly coming back and coaching for us.

I'm just being honest though. This current situation sucks. If Luke wants to coach and wants to coach for us he should probably just sit tight and make it known to the next coach that he'd love to be a part of his staff. LB coach, defensive "quality control", whatever. We're a dumpster fire right now in organizational chaos. That's an awful situation to try to get your feet wet.