• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is going on with the QB position the next couple weeks?

GOAT

10 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Wouldn't it be a great story if Eason started and actually looked good.  He also has pedigree at the QB position as he is the son of Tony Eason who was one of the 6 QBs taken in the famous 1983 draft class.

At 6'7" he definitely won't get as many passes batted down.  He might already be better than PJ, who IMO, is only on the roster because of Rhule's love for his former players. 

I thought the same thing...that Eason is the son of Tony Eason of the 1987 draft.  While his father is Tony Eason...I don't believe it is the NFL Tony Eason.  

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Oh the results are likely to be similar no matter what we do. Our path is probably pretty secure for 2022.

I have no blind hatred for Darnold. I just know and knew he was not an NFL QB or even capable of being one. He showed that in NY and confirmed without a doubt that fact here in Carolina. 

Don't get me wrong I was never on board with trading for Darnold.  He's a USC product, you never want to go there. But it wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't string together a few quarters of nfl looking play. Whatever is going on with Baker doesn't look like it's going to fix itself.  Poor Wilks took on a no win situation. 

32 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Key Words "As many" 

Baker probably leads the NFL in batted passes.

He does but being short is less of an issue than being predictable or just making bad decisions. The fact that his passes are so sky high(also much higher than they have ever been in his career) is a pretty good indicator there is something wrong with the offense.

Baker is a part of the problem but not all the problem.

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Don't get me wrong I was never on board with trading for Darnold.  He's a USC product, you never want to go there. But it wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't string together a few quarters of nfl looking play. Whatever is going on with Baker doesn't look like it's going to fix itself.  Poor Wilks took on a no win situation. 

I don't ever care to see Darnold play in this uniform again, really regardless of the circumstances. It's a literally hopeless situation. 

Baker and the offense aren't likely to fix themselves either but we perhaps we eventually can McAdoo during the season and at least give someone else some job experience as a playcaller.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't ever care to see Darnold play in this uniform again, really regardless of the circumstances. It's a literally hopeless situation. 

Baker and the offense aren't likely to fix themselves either but we perhaps we eventually can McAdoo during the season and at least give someone else some job experience as a playcaller.

I don't see how they can get rid of McAdoo at this stage of the season. I mean they could I suppose but I think that would make a bad situation worse. There's no real solution to fixing this FUBAR this season.  Brother this season is only going to be an audition for everyone to get another job with the next coach or another team. So sit back and see who steps the rest of way. That's all we have to look forward to. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

52 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't see how they can get rid of McAdoo at this stage of the season. I mean they could I suppose but I think that would make a bad situation worse. There's no real solution to fixing this FUBAR this season.  Brother this season is only going to be an audition for everyone to get another job with the next coach or another team. So sit back and see who steps the rest of way. That's all we have to look forward to. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Yeah, I don't see this ship righting itself. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

• Beer 1

What if Eason ends up being good? I always believed that there are QBs that would be good if they were just given the chance. Also I believe some QBs could be good but just need time to develop. 2-3 years isn’t enough, for example it took Alex smith  over 5 years to develop into a top 10 qb.