• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks

Shocker

So…our new head coach has been on the job for 4 days.  He has to travel across country to LA to take on the defending Super Bowl champions with our 4th string QB.  

And people here are already questioning what we might do here?  We are going to be a totally different team?

This board is completely crazy 

Give this man a few weeks at least…damn 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

They have all the basic game plays every team does, you just run more or less of whatever ones you want. Not too hard to realize we're not good at rushing 4 so we'll probably blitz more, maybe Wilks can convince McAdoo to run the ball more, pretty basic stuff to start that can have the team looking quite a bit different

There will be calls for firing him in game day thread during the first offensive possession.  

Aside from that,  I hope there is a different philosophy in game planning and more tenacity but I suspect this will be subtle and take time for it to be consistently noticeable. If this happens the team will actually look like an NFL team by the end of the season.  Considering the current state of things, I think this is a major accomplishment although I doubt it will have a meaningful impact on the record.  

6 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

There will be calls for firing him in game day thread during the first offensive possession.  

Aside from that,  I hope there is a different philosophy in game planning and more tenacity but I suspect this will be subtle and take time for it to be consistently noticeable. If this happens the team will actually look like an NFL team by the end of the season.  Considering the current state of things, I think this is a major accomplishment although I doubt it will have a meaningful impact on the record.  

Exactly…he is already talking execution and toughness but this next game can’t reflect on this guy as a coach.  

Totally on board for giving him a chance even though with a 4th string QB it isn’t a realistic scenario 

Edited by Shocker

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Exactly…he is already talking execution and toughness but this next game can’t reflect on this guy as a coach.  

Totally on board for giving him a chance even though with a 4th string QB it isn’t a realistic scenario 

If you haven't noticed The Rams aren't exactly taking the league by storm this year, and Kupp/Donald didn't practice today with foot injuries. Very winnable game

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

If you haven't noticed The Rams aren't exactly taking the league by storm this year, and Kupp/Donald didn't practice today with foot injuries. Very winnable game

I hate this idea that the team we are playing sucks.  Not true…every team in the NFL can we any week.  

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I hate this idea that the team we are playing sucks.  Not true…every team in the NFL can we any week.  

Uh yeah that's why I'm saying we are the other team and can win, especially in light of the fact that they haven't played that great and their best players are injured. Don't worry I'm not going to be upset with Wilks if he doesn't win his first game

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Uh yeah that's why I'm saying we are the other team and can win, especially in light of the fact that they haven't played that great and their best players are injured. Don't worry I'm not going to be upset with Wilks if he doesn't win his first game

Don’t be upset if he doesn’t win any games…he was placed in the worst situation to succeed.  My point