• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An analysis of what went wrong between Tepper and Rhule by Charles Robinson

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It was 100% on brand and I knew the moment they did that trade that they would eat it big time. Nobody stood up and was like 'guys this is a really bad idea' in house. They actually thought they had a potential franchise QB lol. 

Sam is and has always been Sam, he was just at his worst last year after a very rough first 3 years. He isn't good and that goes back to school, his hype was always his athleticism and potential but never his mental game. Hell Baker has been a better QB before joining us and he looks like Sam behind that line, or worse. IDK, I wouldn't take that bet personally. It should improve some but I have serious concerns McAdoo can even pull off a decent offense at this point. 

I haven't liked any of Rhule's QBs outside of the 'bridge guy to put up with while we wait to draft the answer' approach...which turned out to be Corral in year 3 in an epically bad QB class where he gets IRed before the season can start. 

Mayfield has been the worst QB we've put out there for some time - he's absolutely awful. Which is no surprise now he doesn't have a brick wall infront of him and Chubb and Hunt to hand the ball off to.

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Nixon went to Iowa. Chandler and Franklin are fine depth / spot players - which is what they played.

I'm guessing he meant Bravvion Roy.

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I wanted Robinson to be good too after his XFL stint, but evidently he's clearly just not.

I wouldn't have kept PJ Walker around, but QB is a sore subject around here.

Is he "clearly" worse than Chandler or Franklin? I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Remember one of the criticisms that came from outside the organization was that our roster was less merit-based than others. The Temple and Baylor guys were a big part of that perception.

It may not even have been that they were useless themselves, but they may have been kept or chosen over at least potentially better options.

23 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The moronic thing for me was trading for a talented, but shellshocked QB and putting him behind the worst OLine in the NFL.

Darnold behind our current OLine (with McCaffrey actually healthy) might have actually got us over the hump. Sadly he's ruined now. 

He was always who he is now.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Mayfield has been the worst QB we've put out there for some time - he's absolutely awful. Which is no surprise now he doesn't have a brick wall infront of him and Chubb and Hunt to hand the ball off to.

He has been crazy awful this year but his career was so much better than Sam before this year. It isn't close. He also turns the ball over less. 3.2% for Sam and 2.9% for Baker on their careers. Not a huge difference but it shows. 

Baker is a better QB and looks like that this year. The people wanting to see Sam forget how bad he has always looked and unless Baker has an issue not disclosed to us I wouldn't bet on Sam in this offense either. They both had CMC and not good OCs here. We will get a direct comparison soon enough I fear. 

If their careers ended today Baker would still have much more production. I don't like either one so I have zero reason to fluff one over the other. In the end, I wish we had never brought either in to play here.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Tepper is gonna go after Sean Payton 

Sean is gonna want to run things and work under a GM that he chooses Jeff Ireland perhaps 

Fines and picks are worth it I guess. He does fit into the category of former Superbowl winning coach. Can he buck the trend. Perhaps. John Gruden could not.

What was good about Andy Reid was he'd been to the dance but hadn't won it all so he didn't fall into that statistic therefore was still a valid hire for a team wanting to "get there".

The guy in Michigan fits the Andy Reid model.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

You guys think Rhule takes a job or sits on that 40M?

Confused Adam Devine GIF by Apartment Guide

he probably will take a job somewhere for next year but personally I would sit out a year. 

You get to take 1.5 years off work and make million of dollars. spend some time with your fam. rest, relax, go on a couple vacations. 

in the meantime all you do is build your desire for multiple programs as they salivate at the thought of you turning their program around. 

• Beer 1