• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ADAM SCHEFTER: Panthers listening to Christian McCaffrey trade offers

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Is there anyway out of his contract? I know we can't just trade the player then new team pays all of it, but is there anyway to manipulate it? A high to mid round first + getting out of the contract would be enticing, but yeah I wouldn't have any interest in trading him for a late first + we are still paying majority of it. 

You'd have to get the bills/team to eat 18.5 million next year in contract. Teams arent going to sign up for that, and I think our FO is like "fine, then we want to be comfortable eating that so we want a first + other picks."

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

you do this so often man, people provide rational points then you immediately resort "X sucks" and "only won x games" 

People dont have to agree with each other. You spent so much time trying to convince people a point that is purely speculation. I feel for you, but you got to just move on and accept that people dont agree with you.

As for blaming CMC for our 5 games winning... i dont want to even touch that. 

Thats the point, he (and most rbs) doesnt elevate the team the way you guys are thinking.  But we paid him way more then he is worth.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

You'd have to get the bills/team to eat 18.5 million next year in contract. Teams arent going to sign up for that, and I think our FO is like "fine, then we want to be comfortable eating that so we want a first + other picks."

Yeah seems fair. I think trading him for a late first and we eat the contract is a non starter. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How did the Broncos get out of Osweilers deal?  I need to research that as I vaguely recall they gave him a poo deal then got of out it somehow

The Browns agreed to pay Brock's 17million dollar bonus and recieved a 2nd round pick in compensation for that. While they sent a 4 th and another late round pick for Brock. 

story behind the story

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

why? they just leaked "the bar" now teams know where to start when negotiating. Obviously we wont get two first round picks. However, now teams know where to start negotiating down. If they dont call, then they dont call.

You are such a homer lmao.

Edited by frankw

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

You are such a homer lmao.

I would say this same thing for ANY franchise in the NFL in this situation.

1. Low Draft Picks

2. Contract is basically already paid

3. Teams are calling bc its a losing season

4. Not desperate to trade

Nothing about this is "homerism" this is looking how businesses are run in the NFL. Which is my favorite part of the entire sport.

Edited by TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

1. Low Draft Picks

Nothing about this is "homerism" this is looking how businesses are run in the NFL. Which is my favorite part of the entire sport.

Multiple firsts is the bar for an elite young quarterback. We look like idiots asking for that for a running back who has missed multiple games the last two seasons it doesn't matter how good people here think he is. And this after tucking tail and firing our 63 million dollar college head coach. It's gonna be awhile before we can dig ourselves out of full on joke status around the league.

Edited by frankw

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

1. Low Draft Picks

completelyfrank is the same person a needy miserable human. 

CMC may be over paid by a bit but the fact is with the ballooned cap it's not a big deal, maybe complain about the 80m+ in dead money the Panthers have over the past three seasons (and that technically doesn't include Darnold this season so make it 100m)

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Multiple firsts is the bar for an elite young quarterback. We look like idiots asking for that for a running back who has missed multiple games the last two seasons it doesn't matter how good people here think he is. And this after tucking tail and firing our 63 million dollar college head coach. It's gonna be awhile before we can dig ourselves out of full on joke status around the league.

Remind me to coaches count agaist the cap?