• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

Could all these trades not risk a lawsuit for Tepper by Wilks?

If we wanted to lose, we would've been better off making Ben Mcadoo the HC...dumb idea by tepper to promote Wilks (who I'm pretty sure is apart of the Flores lawsuit) then give him 6 days to prepare for a game on the west coast and the next week trade all his players.

8 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It wouldn't make sense though, but this front office has been prone to stupid mistakes.

The reason being is Moore is young, proven, and under a good contract. Finding a great receiver is very difficult. It usually requires a first round selection, half of the time outright busting. If we traded him for two first round picks it wouldn't be likely they we could just use one to draft another star receiver.

The past offseason showed how difficult it is to find a receiver and what teams are willing to do when they don't have one.

Yeah but like we've only won 16 games in the past 3.5 seasons with DJ Moore as our #1 receiver...

Naw I wanna keep DJ, I'm just goofing on the people who used that argument as their rally cry for trading CMC and are awkwardly quiet when it comes to the discussion of trading DJ Moore lol.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah but like we've only won 16 games in the past 3.5 seasons with DJ Moore as our #1 receiver...

Naw I wanna keep DJ, I'm just goofing on the people who used that argument as their rally cry for trading CMC and are awkwardly quiet when it comes to the discussion of trading DJ Moore lol.

It's just positional value. If running back was as difficult as it is the find as receiver we should have kept Christian. Receivers are just hard to find and have a super high bust rate. It usually takes a couple of tries with first round picks to find a real go-to guy.

Other than positional value the contracts are pretty stark considering the market. Christian's contract was inflated comparatively, while Moore's is really good when you look at the league. Then we have the injury issues, and longevity of running backs compared to receivers.

Out of the two it's hard to keep the running back, while a receiver is hard to let go of.

Edited by Krovvy
  • Pie 1

Dj doesn’t have an injury history. He’s reliable and just signed his new contract. He also will be 26 next year which is not old for a receiver. He doesn’t take the abuse runningbacks do and our new qb next year needs a reliable vet target. Makes sense to keep him. Also as others have explained if we traded him his dead cap hit would be insane like 40 million dollars.

13 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It's just positional value. If running back was as difficult as it is the find as receiver we should have kept Christian. Receivers are just hard to find and have a super high bust rate. It usually takes a couple of tries with first round picks to find a real go-to guy.

Other than positional value the contracts are pretty stark considering the market. Christian's contract was inflated comparatively, while Moore's is really good when you look at the league. Then we have the injury issues, and longevity of running backs compared to receivers.

Out of the two it's hard to keep the running back, while a receiver is hard to let go of.

The top two NFL receivers in terms of yardage are Tyreek Hill and Stefon Diggs, who were both drafted in the 5th.  Then you got Kupp at #4 (probably the best WR in the NFL) who was drafted in the 3rd.  Other top WRs like AJ Brown, Davante Adams, Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf, Courtland Sutton, Michael Pittman, Gabe Davis, JuJu...Terry McLaurin....Christian Kirk....Tee Higgins.......those are all Top 25 WRs statistically and were drafted in the 2nd round or later.  I don't think it's as hard as you're suggesting.

Also to your point in your last post about what teams are willing to do to get a good receiver (assuming you mean via trade): many of those teams who went all in on trading for a receiver find themselves at (or tied for) the bottom of their respective divisions.  Dolphins (trading for Tyreek Hill), Browns (trading for Amari Cooper), Raiders (trading for Davante Adams), Cardinals (trading for Marquise Brown) are all at the bottom of their divisions.  Conversely, the teams who traded said players are doing pretty well: Chiefs (first in their division), Cowboys (third in their division but 4-2), Packers (2nd in their division), Ravens (first in their division).  The only team who made a big trade for a WR and are excelling this season is Philly (AJ Brown).  Unless I'm missing something obvious.

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The top two NFL receivers in terms of yardage are Tyreek Hill and Stefon Diggs, who were both drafted in the 5th.  Then you got Kupp at #4 (probably the best WR in the NFL) who was drafted in the 3rd.  Other top WRs like AJ Brown, Davante Adams, Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf, Courtland Sutton, Michael Pittman, Gabe Davis, JuJu...Terry McLaurin....Christian Kirk....Tee Higgins.......those are all Top 25 WRs statistically and were drafted in the 2nd round or later.  I don't think it's as hard as you're suggesting.

Also to your point in your last post about what teams are willing to do to get a good receiver (assuming you mean via trade): many of those teams who went all in on trading for a receiver find themselves at (or tied for) the bottom of their respective divisions.  Dolphins (trading for Tyreek Hill), Browns (trading for Amari Cooper), Raiders (trading for Davante Adams), Cardinals (trading for Marquise Brown) are all at the bottom of their divisions.  Conversely, the teams who traded said players are doing pretty well: Chiefs (first in their division), Cowboys (third in their division but 4-2), Packers (2nd in their division), Ravens (first in their division).  The only team who made a big trade for a WR and are excelling this season is Philly (AJ Brown).  Unless I'm missing something obvious.

Do you really want to argue that receivers are as easy as running backs to find? 

Edited by Krovvy
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Honestly the only one you're goofing on is yourself you obviously are a big CMC guy that's fine you're just one more to add to the meltdown. As for DJ if he goes he goes but 40 million in dead money isn't chump change.

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

Do you really want to argue that receivers are as easy as running backs to find? People have done the math, there's a lot of articles out there.

I'm not...no where in my post did I mention anything about running backs.  I mentioned CMC once in my first post but I already said that was just as a goof to the people spamming "16 wins in 3.5 years" as a big mic drop. 

My actual argument (my entire last post) was disputing your idea that you pretty much have to draft WRs in the first round and that it's so hard to find really good ones.  14 of the top 25 WRs statistically this year were drafted in the 2nd or later.  I'd be curious how many positions you'd see a distribution like that with.

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

I'm not...no where in my post did I mention anything about running backs.  I mentioned CMC once in my first post but I already said that was just as a goof to the people spamming "16 wins in 3.5 years" as a big mic drop. 

My actual argument (my entire last post) was disputing your idea that you pretty much have to draft WRs in the first round and that it's so hard to find really good ones.  14 of the top 25 WRs statistically this year were drafted in the 2nd or later.  I'd be curious how many positions you'd see a distribution like that with.

No, you're right, you can find them, it's just difficult. Teams need a lot of receivers, and a usually one main running back with a backup to split a few carries. So many teams are looking for a star receiver cannot find one, like quarterback or left tackle. It's a premium position.

Positional value is complex, and generally there's a reason running backs have been devalued.

14 minutes ago, frankw said:

Honestly the only one you're goofing on is yourself you obviously are a big CMC guy that's fine you're just one more to add to the meltdown. As for DJ if he goes he goes but 40 million in dead money isn't chump change.

Silly Frank, I'm perfectly fine with the trade.  If my post you're quoting is criteria for a "meltdown" then I'd love you to psychoanalyze the kinds of tantrums you throw in here daily.

Answer me this: if someone is a "big CMC guy" then why in the hell would they be complaining about this trade?  If you love CMC so much you'd be damn ecstatic that he's leaving the worst team in the league who put his body through years of abuse running him up the gut 30 times a game, to go to sunny San Francisco where he might actually compete, and him and his girl are no doubt going to be MUCH happier...closer to family, etc.

Anyone mad about this trade is undeniably putting the team's interests over CMC's because they think we're a better team with him rather than that haul of picks from the 49ers.

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Silly Frank, I'm perfectly fine with the trade.  If my post you're quoting is criteria for a "meltdown" then I'd love you to psychoanalyze the kinds of tantrums you throw in here daily.

Answer me this: if someone is a "big CMC guy" then why in the hell would they be complaining about this trade?  If you love CMC so much you'd be damn ecstatic that he's leaving the worst team in the league who put his body through years of abuse running him up the gut 30 times a game, to go to sunny San Francisco where he might actually compete, and him and his girl are no doubt going to be MUCH happier...closer to family, etc.

Anyone mad about this trade is undeniably putting the team's interests over CMC's because they think we're a better team with him rather than that haul of picks from the 49ers.

You're perfectly fine with it but multiple times now you've tried to draw comparisons with him to DJ Moore because not enough people in your mind are shouting from rooftops that he too should be traded. McCaffrey has touched the ball 1,256 times as a Carolina Panther. He's very clearly been the focal point of our offense and it hasn't worked out despite a top 10 pick invested and the largest RB contract in the league. Yeah people are going to talk about the win/loss record. Idk you'll have to ask them that question. Some people legitimately think getting picks over getting nothing at all when he was eventually released is a major negative. You can talk about tantrums but for the sake of fairness only one of us has gone around interrogating strangers about their sex life as a retort to football related discussions.