• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm finally excited - a chance to rebuild the right way

NAS

A rebuild happens with pieces in place. Not a total reset. That is the formula to be the Lions or Jets.

The 2002 and 2011 rebuilds had solid offensive leadership and playmakers on the roster for defense and offense. They did not sell off Smitty, Muhammad, Walls, Gross, Kalil, JStew, DWill, Garcia, Campbell, Johnson, Rucker, Jenkins, Morgan, TD, and Minter.

Looks like the 2023 rebuild will carry over Moton and Luvu. This is going to be another long and painful lesson for Tepper.

I hope they prove me wrong and draft like the Walsh-McVay 49ers.

In the last 20 years, only 2 qbs, both Mannings, were acquired through tanking. The vast majority were acquired in other methods (trade, FA, trade up or lower draft pick).

Tanking is no guarantee.

We're doing it so lets hope it works, but tanking for a QB is clearly not "the right way".

Edited by poundaway

13 hours ago, poundaway said:

In the last 20 years, only 2 qbs, both Mannings, were acquired through tanking. The vast majority were acquired in other methods (trade, FA, trade up or lower draft pick).

Tanking is no guarantee.

We're doing it so lets hope it works, but tanking for a QB is clearly not "the right way".

What are you talking about? Richardson essentially tanked the 2010 season and we ended up with Cam Newton? I say that worked out just fine

34 minutes ago, NAS said:

What are you talking about? Richardson essentially tanked the 2010 season and we ended up with Cam Newton? I say that worked out just fine

I didn't know Newton got a ring.  I missed that game.

Why are you shooting for runner up?

When you look at the champions, the overwhelming vast majority were acquired by means OTHER than tank for a QB.