• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud

Vox

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Not even close.  He might be third if we bring a vet in but he's not going to the practice squad. We'd lose him in a minute. 

I'm not saying he's going to the practice squad, i'm saying he's going to be a guy who the coach is using as a max a hurdle for the rookie, not a guy they are planning is going to win any job.  I sure as hell hope we can develop Corral into a competent backup at worst and a solid trade piece in the optimistic view.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, JVic said:

Me seeing CJ Stroud come into the Panthers huddle is like Michael Scott seeing Toby Flenderson come into The Office.  "No, GOOOOODDDDD NOOOOOO".

The last big time Ohio State QB threw himself into traffic he was so bad, and Justin Fields is headed that direction, pun intended.  

Yeah and the last 2 QBs from Oregon were Harrington and Mariotta, do not want Herbert. LSU was Russell so no Burrow!! Such sound logic…

Some of the concerns about Fields when he entered the draft was his long wind up and his ability to go past his first read, something rarely required as a QB for Ohio State. How is Stroud going through his progression? How is he moving past his first read? Young seem to get to his second and third read frequently, because he has to. This is a tough one with Stroud because why would he if his first read is open? But how do we know he can if he has to? Some of you watch all his games, what say you?

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Very short sided opinion.  Kind of like how Atlanta treated Favre huh? Or Tampa treated Steve Young.  Or SD did with Brees. Better yet, GB did with Warner. 

You keep adding outlier situations, vast majority of the time that doesn't happen.  Which is exactly what i've said in my other comments.

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

That game when Fields got knocked around and was Byron Leftwiching his team to the W was one of the top performances of the past decade. He was my QB2 that year and am sad to see how he's fared thus far in the NFL. 

It’s the bears 

i used to think that Carolina was the place QBs came  to die

in reality, it’s Chicago   They don’t have one WR who can catch and I swear Fields is a special athlete and everything they scheme around hims ridiculous 

he killed himself trying to win that game last week. It was pitiful. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You nor I know truthfully, you make assumptions base off two preseason games on a QB that never got any real reps or your desire to have Stroud or Young.

I can tell you what the odds say based on draft history.  Maybe some guy who gets drafted in the 6th round is gonna pull a Tom Brady in this draft, maybe i'll win a lottery and be able to pay off my house, maybe Corral is Drew Brees.  I dont expect it and its probably not going to happen and i certainly dont budget around it, but it could always happen of course.

Edited by stan786

6 minutes ago, stan786 said:

You keep adding outlier situations, vast majority of the time that doesn't happen.  Which is exactly what i've said in my other comments.

You're just so sure that Corral is a bust, I get it.  You'd rather believe that our first round pick is automatically the answer.  GOT IT.

I'll wait until the offseason and see for myself.  

It benefits us that we give both a clean shot.  If one outshines the other but both play well, we have trade capital. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You're just so sure that Corral is a bust, I get it.  You'd rather believe that our first round pick is automatically the answer.  GOT IT.

I'll wait until the offseason and see for myself.  

It benefits us that we give both a clean shot.  If one outshines the other than but both play well, we have trade capital. 

When did I say Corral was a bust, all ive said is he has tools i really like and i hope he develops. All i've stated is based on how the NFL works its very very unlikely the new coach is going to let a third round player he didnt draft beat out the guys he just scouted and fell in love with during his first off season at his new job.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You nor I know truthfully, you make assumptions base off two preseason games on a QB that never got any real reps or your desire to have Stroud or Young.

Our new HC won’t let an unproven 3rd round pick from a previously failed HC dictate how he handles his top pick. I get you like Corral and I see some potential with him but he is far from a sure thing right now and he desperately need a QB.

• Pie 1