• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Anderson v. QB

CPcavedweller

3 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

In which case I'd also rather take Sam Hartman over Stroud and Levis.

lolololololololololololololol

okay play time is over, the adults are talking now

"I dont want stroud as ohio st has never put a qb in the nfl and he is a system qb"

"However Sam hartman from the qb factory wake forest who is not in a gimmick system is the guy"

goddamn dude

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 3

So offense and QB are our main problem over past how many years? And we finally will have a top 5 pick. And we use it by picking a defensive player? 

Being realistic, we are gonna hire an offensive minded coach and he will grab his QB that his name will be tied to as its been said many times, you don’t win (or stay) in this league without a guy at QB. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

And Sun Belt teams are beating SEC teams so what's your point? App beat Texas A&M, ODU beat Virginia Tech, South Alabama was a stupid coaching decision from beating UCLA, JMU will probably beat Louisville. Coastal will almost certainly beat UVA. Look, I'm not pretending the Sun Belt is the SEC. But the Sun Belt is the 6th highest rated conference right now and the Sun Belt East is almost even with the PAC 12 North (what was) and one of the ACC divisions.

They aren't rhe SBC of old. Further, I'm not advocating taking him the 1st round.

I'm saying you take the generational guy in Anderson (production, motor, skill) and you pass on an overpriced QB in Stroud, Levi's, et. al.

Okay, so even if you want to make the argument that the Sun Belt is an improving conference, which I don’t disagree with, that doesn’t necessarily factor in the type of offense that McCall is running.

I’m tired of college QB’s who primarily run RPO and Coastal’s not only has the RPO foundation but the triple-option foundation as well… NFL defenses are getting much smarter and in my opinion you need a QB that has elite accuracy from at the very least, a semi-traditional offense… outside of an offensive system like Army’s… Coastal’s is about as collegesque as you can get.

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Which team won that game last week by the way? Will Anderson or Hooker? The team with the better QB play won. And Anderson finished the night with 3 tackles. 

The team with better QB play? It's the scheme. Dillon Gabriel put up better numbers in the same offense as Hooker has. So should we take Dillon Gabriel? Seriously, that's not an indictment on Will Anderson. It's a schematic issue and the Alabama defense which will have several 1st round draft picks was beat.

So using your logic, Tennessee beat Alabama by 3 points therefor we shouldn't draft any Alabama defender? 

Fine, I'll bite, we should draft Henry T'o'to (spelling) because he started at Tennessee.

I'll bite further, let's draft Hendon Hooker to run the AIR RAID IN THE NFL!

Seriously, people can't say Grayson McCall is a system QB and then in the same breath say that Hooker isn't. Furthermore they can't say Hooker is such a great QB because Will Anderson, the Heisman contending defensive player, is bad because of how the Tennessee game worked out. He was double teamed all night long and Tennessee was getting the ball out quick all night long.

People here said Micah Parsons was lazy, took plays off, was too small, didn't have the motor, and would ultimately flame out in the NFL. Parsons and Anderson are essentially carbon copies of each other.

Y'all were wrong about Parsons, you're wrong about Anderson. 

I'm not an Alabama fan, I'm an App State fan. If I was saying this due to Fandom I'd say we need to draft Nick Hampton in the 4th round (still may not be a bad idea), but I'm not.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Linville probably should step in at this point, its getting ugly

You had the post of the day and ruined it with this one.

This is an actual entertaining thread that provides chuckles.

All threads and posts should be welcome here.

That Hartman take you made was Gold though 

Here is the question, did the Lions take Aiden Hutchinson or reach for Kenny Pickett? They took Hutchinson. Why. Because if you took Pickett or Willis you were reaching and over paying massively.

That's what we are looking at for 2023. Any QB taken at number 1 you are massively over spending for. That's a position for a generational, sure fire talent. Anderson is that.

Now you pair Burns with Anderson for three years, let Corral develop his mind to match his physical tools, and you may have a championship window if you play the markets right and draft well.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

In which case I'd also rather take Sam Hartman over Stroud and Levis.

Lol, after watching Hugh Freeze and Liberty give Hartman fits, I can say emphatically that, that would be a mistake.

Hartman is a college QB through and through, the same way Brennan Armstrong is.

Wake’s entire scheme is based on a delayed mesh point out of the RPO. They will hold the mesh point longer than any team at the college level forcing the secondary to cover as long as possible… usually, one of their better receivers like A.T. Perry will eventually become open because college DB’s simply aren’t good enough to cover for 5+ seconds. That’s not working in the NFL when you have three seconds to throw the ball.

And before the argument is made about Stroud’s receivers… they get open because they are flat out good, not because OSU runs some hybrid, unconventional, college offense.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You had the post of the day and ruined it with this one.

This is an actual entertaining thread that provides chuckles.

All threads and posts should be welcome here.

That Hartman take you made was Gold though 

I'd rather have Hartman than CJ Stroud. Give me anyone other than Stroud. People want to talk about system QB's and then ignore the history of Ohio State QB's in the NFL.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Lol after watching Hugh Freeze and Liberty give Hartman fits I can say emphatically that, that would be a mistake.

Hartman is a college QB through and through, the same way Brennan Armstrong is.

Wake’s entire scheme is based on a delayed mesh point out of the RPO. They will hold the mesh point longer than any team at the college level forcing the secondary to cover as long as possible… usually, one of their better receivers like A.T. Perry will eventually become open because college DB’s simply aren’t good enough to cover for 5+ seconds.

I don't want Hartman. I don't want Stroud. I don't want Levis.

If I'm being honest I think we lucked out with Corral in the 3rd and the fact that he doesn't have to play behind this God forsaken offensive line. He can learn to be a pro in year 1.

Corral has the chance to be really good if it clicks mentally for him. He's got all of the tools you want in a franchise QB, if we can get a coach to develop him. 

This is why I want to go defense at number one. If you have a shot at a Micah Parsons, you need to take it and pair it with Brian Burns. Build the defense from the inside out. Brown, Burns, Horn, Anderson, Luvu, Chinn. That's a great core of defensive players to take pressure off of the offense. 

My preference is that we roll with Corral. I don't see a single guy in the 2023 draft I'd rather develop over Corral.

But the Panthers gonna Panther and spend yet another pick on a QB after we've spent what, six picks on QB's in the past three years? It's enough. If you have number one, you've got to go BPA and that's not any QB in this draft.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

I don't want Hartman. I don't want Stroud. I don't want Levis.

If I'm being honest I think we lucked out with Corral in the 3rd and the fact that he doesn't have to play behind this God forsaken offensive line. He can learn to be a pro in year 1.

Corral has the chance to be really good if it clicks mentally for him. He's got all of the tools you want in a franchise QB, if we can get a coach to develop him. 

This is why I want to go defense at number one. If you have a shot at a Micah Parsons, you need to take it and pair it with Brian Burns. Build the defense from the inside out. Brown, Burns, Horn, Anderson, Luvu, Chinn. That's a great core of defensive players to take pressure off of the offense. 

My preference is that we roll with Corral. I don't see a single guy in the 2023 draft I'd rather develop over Corral.

But the Panthers gonna Panther and spend yet another pick on a QB after we've spent what, six picks on QB's in the past three years? It's enough. If you have number one, you've got to go BPA and that's not any QB in this draft.

Dude.  I am going to say this one last time so maybe just maybe you will understand.

Corral cannot even practice until Aug.   Do you really think a new coach is going to be okay with rolling the dice with that?