• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Robinson talks about... somebody

Mr. Scot

16 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I don't doubt it.

Brady Christensen should've been playing from day one. Terrace Marshal got no playing til yesterday and looked competent, despite some errors.

Kenny was billed as a good coverage FS out of West Virginia and he hasn't gotten an opportunity to show that at all. I would not be surprised if he produces when given a chance to play. Not every player is going to be elite from day one, most guys need experience to become good players. 

He could also he a scrub but still. This is Matt Rhule we're talking about. 

He is a good player.  I think a really good player.  I watched him in the XFL, and again, certain abilities and traits just jump out to you and let you know whether a guy has "it" or not...  and he has it.  And I stated it repeatedly when the stuff kept blowing up in camp when we went up to NE, that Rhule just didn't like him.  I mentioned it back then, but Rhule even said himself the year before when he was forced to play KRob late in the season due to injuries and such, that KRob should've been starting earlier and he should have been giving him a lot more playing time way earlier than he finally did...  He called him a "legitimate safety," and iirc, he said that in the same fluff article from the official site where he said BC should've been playing earlier.  Then you have countless guys praising him for his ability, unsolicited over the time he's been here, including Rhule.  Panthers.com was also floating the idea out there that he could earn a bigger role/starting job going into this season with how he closed out 2021 with the opportunity he was finally given.  So, how do you go from that, to playing strictly garbage time with 3rd and 4th stringers in the preseason, all while your coach keeps dangling your job security in the wind and trashing you to the media publicly?  Again, I said it back then, and I said it in 2021 - Rhule did not like him and was playing games with him...  so there's no doubt that tweet is about him. 

KRob has shown legitimate playmaking ability in the NFL level.  He has been a ballhawk from the first game I ever watched him in while he was in the XFL, and that's one of those traits that just can't be taught...  whether the ball is in the air or on the ground, he always finds himself around it.  He also is super physical and has good size and athleticism to properly play with impressive range.  But much like we're seeing with Bozeman, PJ, and TMJ now, he just was never given a fair opportunity.  And the crazy thing is, when he was given one, he capitalized.  How many big hits and/or TDs have Franklin and Chandler racked up in their extensive PT handed to them by Rhule?  I can remember zero.  KRob has both in far more limited chances.  And I like Franklin, but KRob is a better player than him and Chandler.  Chandler looks like a borderline practice squad guy, and yet, he's been on the active roster pretty much the entire time he's been here.  Now, I'm not saying there aren't other factors affecting him, but the proof is in the pudding.  When he has played, he makes plays other guys haven't and/or can't.  So why couldn't he stick?  Same reason Rhule kept trotting the same bums out there he did for 2+ years over better options.

Thankfully, Wilks has made it a point multiple times since taking over that the practice squad guys are valuable members of the team and guys that he looks to develop and build up so they can become contributing players on the active roster.  I'm confident it's just a matter of time before he gets his chance again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

Terrace Marshall, Bozeman, Foreman. Rhule's doghouse was more ridiculous and absurd than Ron's.

We've talked about it before but it bears repeating. 

Rhule never stopped thinking like a college coach. He treated Corral more like a college freshman than an NFL rookie. And the whole "earn your position / quarterback competition" stuff was just stupid at the pro level.

I remember hearing him brag about how the quarterback competition "brought the locker room together" and thinking "yeah sure, it showed everybody you were a dumbass" 🙄

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 4

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

And that's what I've been trying to tell you fugers about Corral.

Try to be a rookie QB figuring things out yourself. 

Yes, the kid has a huge uphill battle, and of course there are no guarantees, but he's shown he can overcome things.

The smart Huddler would at least keep an open mind. 

But Corral didn’t play well in 3 quarters of 4th string rookie preseason hE’s A bUsT fire him into the sun. 

And he’s tOo LiTtLe we should draft Bryce Young ddddduuuuuuuhhhhhh. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Could be talking about Snow?

The way I read it, sounds more likely about Rhule since he had roster control and thus, the power to cut people.

But Snow could be a valid option as well, especially given that he had pretty significant influence over Rhule.

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We've talked about it before but it bears repeating. 

Rhule never stopped thinking like a college coach. He treated Corral more like a college freshman than an NFL rookie. And the whole "earn your position / quarterback competition" stuff was just stupid at the pro level.

I remember hearing him brag about how the quarterback competition "brought the locker room together" and thinking "yeah sure, it showed everybody you were a dumbass" 🙄

It's just so unbelievable still, that it went on for as long as it did.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's just so unbelievable still, that it went on for as long as it did.

I mean ultimately, the guy was just 100% full of sh-t.

That Marty came out of that interview thinking "this is the guy" really was his final shot at us.

(and one of Teppers first)

• Pie 1

I certainly don't know Steve Wilks personally, but just watching his press conferences, I really like him. No nonsense, doesn't take the bait from jackass reporters and regards his players as men. Seems like an old school Mike Ditka kind of coach.

28 minutes ago, hepcat said:

It was seemingly obvious to everyone except David Tepper that Rhule was a fat loser 

Well if you believe Charles Robinson, it became obvious to him too after the Teddy Bridgewater disaster.

No one can say he didn't get a fair shot though.

Edited by Mr. Scot