• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Bozeman Szn

Seltzer

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hate that for Elflein but yeah, Bozeman is better.

You know, I have to say Elflein had been better this season than last by a pretty fair margin. Still, Bozeman really passed the first look test this past weekend. 

Protection calls were mostly on the money and he can really tie up a DT. I've said for a long time that we really needed to get Center down pat if we were going to go anywhere. Maybe we have finally done that. Elflein was certainly looking fair to good, but if Bozeman really is as much of an upgrade as he looked, then it is going to be contract talks time for the man.

• Pie 2

17 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Sucks for Elf, even if he probably shouldn’t have been starting. I think he played better than expected, and I hate when dudes busting their ass get hurt.

I think he’s the ideal versatile backup, and that’s not without value. 

hangartner was super valuable during the years that we had a good OL. not only did he make for entertaining training camps (could always be counted on for at least one fight), you could plop him pretty much anywhere and know that things would still be ok. elf can be that.

• Flames 1

38 minutes ago, rayzor said:

hangartner was super valuable during the years that we had a good OL. not only did he make for entertaining training camps (could always be counted on for at least one fight), you could plop him pretty much anywhere and know that things would still be ok. elf can be that.

Man, that was a name I hadn't thought of in a while! He literally played some seasons almost every week at a different position. What a luxury!

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

You know, I have to say Elflein had been better this season than last by a pretty fair margin. Still, Bozeman really passed the first look test this past weekend. 

Protection calls were mostly on the money and he can really tie up a DT. I've said for a long time that we really needed to get Center down pat if we were going to go anywhere. Maybe we have finally done that. Elflein was certainly looking fair to good, but if Bozeman really is as much of an upgrade as he looked, then it is going to be contract talks time for the man.

I think he'd been injured the year before we signed him.

(that was true of at least two or three guys we signed that offseason)

Of course, now he's injured again. But who knows? Perhaps if Bozeman had been starting all along, we still have Elflein as a healthy backup.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I agree Matt Rhule is a moron but it seems like everyone forgot that Bozeman got hurt in the preseason which probably tipped the scales for Elflein. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/17/bradley-bozeman-to-miss-a-few-weeks-with-ankle-injury/amp/

To be fair, Rhule had Elflein over Bozeman pretty much from the beginning.

It did turn out that Elflein wasn't as bad as he'd been portrayed, but I still think Bozeman is going to show that it should have been him from the beginning.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think he'd been injured the year before we signed him.

(that was true of at least two or three guys we signed that offseason)

Of course, now he's injured again. But who knows? Perhaps if Bozeman had been starting all along, we still have Elflein as a healthy backup.

To be fair, Rhule had Elflein over Bozeman pretty much from the beginning.

It did turn out that Elflein wasn't as bad as he'd been portrayed, but I still think Bozeman is going to show that it should have been him from the beginning.

Maybe that’s true but I think the injury ended up being the main reason Bozeman didn’t get the starting job. Maybe Rhule would have still chosen Elflein but I can’t fault him for starting the guy who has been here a couple years over the new guy at least at first. Rhule did many worse things than this decision. 

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Maybe that’s true but I think the injury ended up being the main reason Bozeman didn’t get the starting job. Maybe Rhule would have still chosen Elflein but I can’t fault him for starting the guy who has been here a couple years over the new guy at least at first. Rhule did many worse things than this decision. 

Rhule's roster and depth chart management was crap in general.

The Great Arm Length Debate pretty clearly taught us that.