• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's be honest. DJ doesn't deserve this.

Snake

1 minute ago, CRA said:

DJ Moore has 3 straight 1100+ seasons coming into this season.  With no QB play and weakness lined up across from him.  In what world have the lesser guys out performed him?

CMC doesn't compare to DJ.  Lot of CMCs passes are just checkdowns and an extension of the run game.   And at his best, CMC is a sick slot WR.    And slot guys just don't compare to 1s and 2s on the outside.  I'd argue Hunter Renfrow is the best slot WR in the game right now and you can't talk about him in the same breath as outside WRs. 

You're just making excuses to make him look better. Yes he's had good seasons but that's because he's had other guys putting up similar stats. 2019 was probably his best year and probably was when he had the best talent to take the pressure off him. Last week was probably DJs best game of the year and it was because TMJ was taking the pressure away. DJ is no Steve Smith or Tyreek Hill. He's a decent #2 with some upside. 

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

We had our first 30 point game in a year thanks to those splash plays from Moore. Newsflash those kinds of plays are the bread and butter of current NFL offenses if we want to be relevant and compete with playoff teams that's what we're looking for. At this point I think you're trolling because these are some sketchy hot takes. Cheers.

We had our first 30 point game because we played the worst Defense in the league and ran all over them with Forman. DJ made the play that should have won us the game but he wasn't the even the main cause. That was Forman. 

Just now, CRA said:

great WRs aren't great WRs in bad scenarios.  

I know DJ Moore has been a good WR in a very bad scenario to date. 

Steve Smith was, Larry Fitzgerald was, Alshon Jeffery was, Cooper Kupp is, Tyreek Hill is, shall I go on? 

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

Steve Smith was, Larry Fitzgerald was, Alshon Jeffery was, Cooper Kupp is, Tyreek Hill is, shall I go on? 

Steve Smith had 500 yards and 2 TDs when paired with Jimmy Clausen.  He wasn't great in a bad scenario.  Jake/Moose and then a prime Cam is a much better spot than what DJ has lived in. 

Alshon Jefferies? He has fewer 1000 yard seasons in his career than DJ Moore.  

Kupp to date has less 1000 yard seasons than Moore.  Yeah, he went off last year with a bonkers season on an all in WIN now team.  That's not an example of a bad scenario.  The Rams have been the most all in to win team in the NFL of late.   With a great offensive HC. 

Tyreek Hill has been playing for Andy Reid and has had Mahomes as a QB.   That isn't a bad scenario.   

Larry Fitzgerald game into the league played and developed with Bolden across from him and then got paired with a HOF QB.   I mean, he definitely did perform at a high level later in bad spots.  I'll give you that.  But given how his career started, it's not the best example to give to a WR who was drafted and has spent his entire career in a very bad spot. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Steve Smith had 500 yards and 2 TDs when paired with Jimmy Clausen.  He wasn't great in a bad scenario.  Jake/Moose and then a prime Cam is a much better spot than what DJ has lived in. 

Kupp to date has less 1000 yard seasons than Moore.  Yeah, he went off last year with a bonkers season on an all in WIN now team.  That's not an example of a bad scenario.  The Rams have been the most all in to win team in the NFL of late.   With a great offensive HC. 

Tyreek Hill has been playing for Andy Reid and has had Mahomes as a QB.   That isn't a bad scenario.   

Larry Fitzgerald game into the league played and developed with Bolden across from him and then got paired with a HOF QB.   I mean, he definitely did perform at a high level later in bad spots.  I'll give you that.  But given how his career started, it's not the best example to give to a WR who was drafted and has spent his entire career in a very bad spot. 

DeAndre Hopkins is probably a legit example.  He put up 1500+ yards and 11 TDs in his 3rd year (pre Watson) catching passes from Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, TJ Yates, and Brandon Weeden, with a 32-year-old Nate Washington lined up across from him as the #2 WR.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

DeAndre Hopkins is probably a legit example.  He put up 1500+ yards and 11 TDs in his 3rd year (pre Watson) catching passes from Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, TJ Yates, and Brandon Weeden, with a 32-year-old Nate Washington lined up across from him as the #2 WR.

I’ll give you Nuk as a legit example.  But there aren’t many examples. 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

WRs starting opposite DJ Moore

2018 Funchess

2019 Samuel

2020 Robbie

2021 Robbie

2022 Robbie/TMJ

Everyone listed is ideally a #3 WR.  Not a legit #2.   Plus, no receiving TE on the field. 

I mean, Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Brown.  Name a hot young WR and you can find studs that have lined up across from them.   That hasn't been the case with DJ Moore.  And on top on top of that he has had trash QB play too.  

DJ Moore is a stud.  He would be doing cartoon stuff if he played elsewhere. 

Studs don't disappear for games at a time. 89 was a stud. Jamarr Chase is a stud. Jefferson is a stud. Adams is a stud. Kupp is a stud. They put literal fear in the hearts of the opposition from coaches to players. That's what separates elite receivers from the good ones.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Tyreek Hill plays for the Dolphins and is having just as good a season as he did with KC. Nice try though. Kupp has more yards in less seasons. Nice try again. I will give you Jeffrey. Either way you don't become successful with one good WR. Especially when you're paying him like a top WR. Look at SF and Philly. No one has huge numbers because the ball is getting spread around. I would trade DJ Moore for two good WRs and a TE any day of the week. Especially if they are all on rookie deals. It's a numbers game in the NFL and unless your high paid WR is putting up massive numbers and effecting the game in massive ways like Tyreek Hill does it's better to have a Good QB and spread the ball around. 

Edited by Snake

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

Tyreek Hill plays for the Dolphins and is having just as good a season as he did with KC. Nice try though. Kupp has more yards in less seasons. Nice try again. I will give you Jeffrey. Either way you don't become successful with one good WR. Especially when you're paying him like a top WR. Look at SF and Philly. No one has huge numbers because the ball is getting spread around. I would trade DJ Moore for two good WRs and a TE any day of the week. Especially if they are all on rookie deals. It's a numbers game in the NFL and unless your high paid WR is putting up massive numbers and effecting the game in massive ways like Tyreek Hill does it's better to have a Good QB and spread the ball around. 

I mean, that some cherry picking going on.  So DJ Moore has spent an entire career in a bad position......and then you cherry pick out 8 games and claim Tyreek Hill is an equivalent? 

Hill has Waddle lined up across from him.  A matchup nightmare and one of the few dudes who can rival Hill's speed.   And has a hotshot OC turned HC running the show.   He still isn't in a DJ Moore position.  Not even 8 games worth. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Studs don't disappear for games at a time. 89 was a stud. Jamarr Chase is a stud. Jefferson is a stud. Adams is a stud. Kupp is a stud. They put literal fear in the hearts of the opposition from coaches to players. That's what separates elite receivers from the good ones.

I mean 89 disappeared for an entire season in 2010.  

DJ Moore isn't Megatron or Randy Moss.  He isn't a nightmare in human form. 

There aren't 32 better WRs in the NFL.   Dude is a legit stud.   But yeah, he isn't DeVante Adams.  That's not the bar for a #1.  That's the ceiling.   And there are probably only about 5 or so of those in the league at any point in time.