• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

CPcavedweller

7 hours ago, MechaZain said:

The longer PJ starts the less likely we'll see Baker and ever Sam again. That 4th round pick is enough incentive to not play Baker again.

I don't think that's true, because I don't think PJ is very good ultimately, and a few more games and Baker can't hit the snap requirements for the pick upgrade. Hell, we could trot PJ out for one more game and sam out for 2 and I think Baker wouldnt be able to hit the snap count.

PJ seems like a good backup but I'm just skeptical he won't keep crashing back to earth, as backups tend to. We will see.

10 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

How long did Geno Smith have and look what he's doing now.

Yeah I was about ready to mention that. I don’t think Sam really got a fair shot this year due to Mayfield and he does have tools. And he would have a much better situation offensively than what he had last year. 
The thing is I am seeing a lot of good stuff from PJ and that kind of is what it is.

It is somewhat likely that PJ gets dinged or figured out or something and sits but for now I would not change QBs. 
I got one thing, PJ hits the receiver in stride a good amount of the time. That is where it’s at. 

• Pie 1