• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Besides Young and Stroud, no other QB has me sold they would be a clear upgrade over PJ.

UpstatePantherfan

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't see the game but holy fug Will Levis' stat line against Tennessee was brutal. 16/27 for 98 yards, 0 TDs, and 3 INTs.

I only caught the last 30 minutes or so. Pretty pathetic. They weren't even trying, just handing off or screen passing to run out the clock so they could go home. For whatever reason they don't want him to throw the ball, even against Tenn who I think ranks 130th against the pass or something crazy like that. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Young and Stroud aren’t it either. Young is going to be more fragile than Tua and Stroud is Haskins/Fields 2.0. 

I personally think Hooker is best in this class but he’s 26 or so already and not a Franchise QB.

I get that Fields hasn't exactly set the league ablaze but comparing him to Haskins? I mean, Haskins was basically Jamarcus Russell 2.0.

Meanwhile, Trevor Lawrence hasn't been any better than Fields. Nor has Zach Wilson. Trey Lance has been the worst of the bunch.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Young and Stroud aren’t it either. Young is going to be more fragile than Tua and Stroud is Haskins/Fields 2.0. 

I personally think Hooker is best in this class but he’s 26 or so already and not a Franchise QB.

Fields has been playing solid the last couple weeks despite the Bears’ circumstances. He actually might be the best QB from that draft when it’s all said and done. 

I don't think we will be there to take Young or Stroud. I'd like either, and if we can't get either then we need to take Alabama's DE in Will Anderson. He is a stud with the same measurables of Mica Parsons who absolutely wrecks poo. If we don't go that route I'd like a game breaking wide receiver or Tight End, if one were valued that high. If not that, I think we need a top flight safety or inside linebacker.

I'd like to get a developmental guy like Grayson McCall in the 2nd round. People get upset about this but the value in that pick is insane. I expect his draft stock to go up in evaluation season though so we may not be there to pick him up. 

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I get that Fields hasn't exactly set the league ablaze but comparing him to Haskins? I mean, Haskins was basically Jamarcus Russell 2.0.

Meanwhile, Trevor Lawrence hasn't been any better than Fields. Nor has Zach Wilson. Trey Lance has been the worst of the bunch.

Yeah CBS just did a redraft article and Fields would be #1 in that class currently in their opinion. He just had his best 2 games back to back once the coaching staff started adjusting the system to his strengths

56 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If Matt Corral was Sam Howell I would definitely consider giving him a shot but he isn’t.  

If we are a position to take a QB we will…no question 

I see Levis as a bust right now though.  Hooker is playing elite right now but is old with very overrated athleticism.  We go down the line from there

Another option would be drafting Quentin Johnston in the 1st and then Max Duggan in the 2nd.

In case you are wondering who the hell they are. They both play for TCU, Duggan is the QB and he has put up very solid numbers and Johnston is his WR and the top WR in this draft class (6’4 with a 4.40 speed and runs routes really well)

Duggan is considered a solid 2nd rounder that could possibly have a first round grade come draft time. I love the idea of drafting a QB/WR combo that already played together in college and have that chemistry already

Edited by UpstatePantherfan

23 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

You think Hooker is the best in this class? He is the definition of a system QB. Look at every QB and their stats who has played for Heupel. I believe his last protege to be drafted in the 1st round was Drew Lock. People said many of the same things about Lock as they are saying about Hooker. It's a systems thing. Even C.J. Stroud makes me pause because literally everyone who plays in that offense puts up mind boggling numbers. Why? The talent surrounding them, generally, has the potential to develop into star NFL players. It's like playing on an All-Star team against the worst team in Little League 90% of the time. You see who guys really are when they get to the top.

For Hooker, you may see who he is against Georgia. For Stroud you see who he is against Michigan. That's not because those are the best teams but because those are the teams you match-up with talent wise. I won't even say Alabama for Hooker because it was painfully obvious his success was largely due to the scheme getting Hyatt wide ass open all day long. Sure, Hooker hit the throw but you're not going to get guys that open. I want tight window throws accross the field, 40 yard ropes into the bucket, escapability, the ability to read the defense pre and post snap. I just am not sold on Hooker, at all, especially where he may end up being drafted. 

If you put Hooker with someone like Andy Reid he may be able to succeed because Andy Reid is the best offensive football coach, potentially ever. However we aren't going to have Andy Reid or anyone that can hold his jock.

That said, I don't see anyone I'd rather have over Will Anderson over any of them. You have to go best player available if you have a Top 10 pick. Many people here were wondering WTF we were doing when we drafted Kuechly because we had Jon Beason and Thomas Davis. Well that worked out well. Many people wondered why we drafted Short and Star back to back, that worked out well. You go BPA and good things tend to happen. 

I'd also trade Horn if we could get a 1st rounder back. Then I'd spend that on an inside linebacker or safety. Cornerbacks help, but they don't win games. They can't take over games the way linebackers and pass rushers do. The value just isn't there if the rest of your defense isn't built.