• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You draft a 1st round rookie QB and you sign Heinickie or PJ to back him up and mentor him. I SAID WHAT I SAID.

WarPanthers89

Suck an egg if you disagree, but as make believe GM of this team, I have already decided what we will do. 

With that being said….This video got me hyped. We need a vet to support our rookie QB who can come in and win games…but one that will not cost you much financially. Players like PJ or Heinickie are the perfect backup QBs compared to someone like an Andy Dalton. They play well enough to win if you are in a pinch, play tough, have the respect of teammates, don’t cost a lot, and embrace the role of supporting the main guy. We already have a team built for a rookie (solid running game, good line) and with one good TE signing/trade we could be in business. I would love to get someone like PJ or Heinickie on a 2 year deal to back up our rookie and to help him develop and have the impact like Erving has had on Icky. This video is cool to see and I am glad that Heinickie  has had a chance to shine since he left us….I also sprinkled in a few vids about PJ because he deserves the love after the last two weeks, and his development has been wonderful to see.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRxL68f6/

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Poo 1

My point is….backups like Dalton, Baker, Darnold, Brissett, Trubisky, Bridgewater cost much more, can sometimes put pressure on a QB to start, and don’t inspire teammates nearly as much as some like a PJ or Heinickie. A QB like Corrall would be a rough as a backup and our QB room needs a vet to develop the two young guys. Both of these options are cost efficient and the RIGHT type of leader that we need who can also win games in a pinch. They are the perfect combination of what we need next year  

5 minutes ago, NAS said:

So you can’t state your opinion without insulting anyone who disagrees with you? 

It’s a joke Grandma. Calm down…I didn’t mean to suck the fun out of this place. I know that this was a very divisive topic so I didn’t mean to single out people who don’t like PJ as a backup 

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, gakonline said:

I say keep PJ next season unless he absolutely turns into Darnold the last 9 games. Draft a QB early in the draft & let Corral, PJ & new guy battle it out. 

I actually believe PJ is going to get better as the season goes on. 

His development has been fun to watch. It’s the first time in years that we have had a spark at the QB position. Our game plans have been conservative and built around the run game, but he has thrown some absolute dimes and definitely made large improvements over previous seasons.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s a joke Grandma. Calm down…I didn’t mean to suck the fun out of this place. I know that this was a very divisive topic so I didn’t mean to single out people who don’t like PJ as a backup 

Lol ok 

I actually think we draft a QB and let him develop behind PJ if he continues playing well. But if the new QB lights it up in training camp then start him

• Beer 2

31 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

My point is….backups like Dalton, Baker, Darnold, Brissett, Trubisky, Bridgewater cost much more, can sometimes put pressure on a QB to start, and don’t inspire teammates nearly as much as some like a PJ or Heinickie. A QB like Corrall would be a rough as a backup and our QB room needs a vet to develop the two young guys. Both of these options are cost efficient and the RIGHT type of leader that we need who can also win games in a pinch. They are the perfect combination of what we need next year  

Corral is the starter tho?

43 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Thank you. It is tough living on this mountain alone looking down on all of the peasants.

I actually agree with your take anyway. Would love to see us with Bryce or Hooker (should we pick later in the draft) with PJ or similar  as the mentor.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Suck an egg if you disagree, but as make believe GM of this team, I have already decided what we will do. 

With that being said….This video got me hyped. We need a vet to support our rookie QB who can come in and win games…but one that will not cost you much financially. Players like PJ or Heinickie are the perfect backup QBs compared to someone like an Andy Dalton. They play well enough to win if you are in a pinch, play tough, have the respect of teammates, don’t cost a lot, and embrace the role of supporting the main guy. We already have a team built for a rookie (solid running game, good line) and with one good TE signing/trade we could be in business. I would love to get someone like PJ or Heinickie on a 2 year deal to back up our rookie and to help him develop and have the impact like Erving has had on Icky. This video is cool to see and I am glad that Heinickie  has had a chance to shine since he left us….I also sprinkled in a few vids about PJ because he deserves the love after the last two weeks, and his development has been wonderful to see.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRxL68f6/

What do we do with Matt Corral then? We didn't draft him to be a career back-up.

I think you take Will Anderson, Harrison Jr., Jackson Smith-Ngigba.

I think Stroud is going to struggle without all of that 1st round talent surrounding him in college. Pro's are a whole new ball game.

• Beer 3

7 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

What do we do with Matt Corral then? We didn't draft him to be a career back-up.

I think you take Will Anderson, Harrison Jr., Jackson Smith-Ngigba.

I think Stroud is going to struggle without all of that 1st round talent surrounding him in college. Pro's are a whole new ball game.

Very good point. I have no idea what to do with Corral. You Can’t trust him to be our starter, you can’t pass up the opportunity to draft a QB, and you definitely can’t have PJ as your starter next season (I absolutely love what he is doing and as a backup, not as a penciled in starter though). Corral is in a tough position but another year developing at minimum is what I would plan for. If he proves he belongs when coming back from injury you can then game plan on him being your number 2 moving forward after next season then you can reassess after that 

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 1