• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

50 minutes ago, Ryano1974 said:

How does that help UNC?

Bacot hitting the portal would NOT help UNC. I think there's virtually zero chance of that happening. That dude bleeds Carolina blue. I think he's going to look at his pro prospects and realize that making $1M+ in NIL money in Chapel Hill and a pass first PG coming in next year's class is his best bet, both in the short and long term.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bacot hitting the portal would NOT help UNC. I think there's virtually zero chance of that happening. That dude bleeds Carolina blue. I think he's going to look at his pro prospects and realize that making $1M+ in NIL money in Chapel Hill and a pass first PG coming in next year's class is his best bet, both in the short and long term.

That was my point exactly 

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it wasn't for that fluke tourney run last year Hubert would be fired.

17 hours ago, Shocker said:

Hubert should be replaced and Love must go.  

Since you guys feel CHD should be fired after two seasons, one that included a NCAA Championship game appearance, allow me to retort. After falling to 6-6 in his 4th season at UNC Dean Smith was hung in effigy. Billy Cunningham said, "I remember the team was just very hurt by this because we realized it wasn't Coach Smith's fault," Cunningham will recall. "It was our fault. It was the players' fault. Its always the players' fault."

This is the same team that participated in a mutiny against Roy and helped his decision to hang it up two years ago. It has been documented that Love, Davis, Black, Bacot have issues with each other, don't play the way they practice, don't talk on defense, take plays off, and aren't great shooters. Hubert took those same kids, minus two future 1st round post players, to the NCAA championship. For reasons you two will never admit or elaborate on, you just plain flat out do not like Davis. He shouldn't be replaced because of what he accomplished with this particular team last March, and fluke or not it happened. It is great that neither of you call the shots because how asinine would it be to fire the coach of the number one recruiting class a year before it got to campus. Your big Choices are out there post had a picture of Jerry Stackhouse! Dude Stack was about to get fired until they beat Kentucky and they still didn't qualify for the NCAAT. With what Hubert did with these players that were headaches, he should be commended and those results should point to positivity and excitement about the future. I am confident Davis will win once he gets his players in for a few years and gets these class of 19-20 kids completely out the door as they have been problems since their freshman year. 

I sincerely hope Hubert proves me wrong. I'm just not seeing any signs of actual coaching, player development, and zero concept of how to manage substitutions and rotations. At this point of Hubert works out long-term it'll be shocking. I'm rooting for him but I don't think it's gonna work out.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Since you guys feel CHD should be fired after two seasons, one that included a NCAA Championship game appearance, allow me to retort. After falling to 6-6 in his 4th season at UNC Dean Smith was hung in effigy. Billy Cunningham said, "I remember the team was just very hurt by this because we realized it wasn't Coach Smith's fault," Cunningham will recall. "It was our fault. It was the players' fault. Its always the players' fault."

This is the same team that participated in a mutiny against Roy and helped his decision to hang it up two years ago. It has been documented that Love, Davis, Black, Bacot have issues with each other, don't play the way they practice, don't talk on defense, take plays off, and aren't great shooters. Hubert took those same kids, minus two future 1st round post players, to the NCAA championship. For reasons you two will never admit or elaborate on, you just plain flat out do not like Davis. He shouldn't be replaced because of what he accomplished with this particular team last March, and fluke or not it happened. It is great that neither of you call the shots because how asinine would it be to fire the coach of the number one recruiting class a year before it got to campus. Your big Choices are out there post had a picture of Jerry Stackhouse! Dude Stack was about to get fired until they beat Kentucky and they still didn't qualify for the NCAAT. With what Hubert did with these players that were headaches, he should be commended and those results should point to positivity and excitement about the future. I am confident Davis will win once he gets his players in for a few years and gets these class of 19-20 kids completely out the door as they have been problems since their freshman year. 

Ok now do Matt Dorethy

22 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If you fill out a bracket and it doesn't have Alabama as the Nat'l championship winner than you haven't been watching college basketball this year.

They have been the clear cut best team in basketball. Brandon Miller is easily the best player in the country. I will be shocked if they don't win it all.

Purdue is going to beat them in the Final Four.

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bacot has done a lot but it's time we move on. He's not a NBA level prospect so my bet is he indeed comes back to college.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bacot has done a lot but it's time we move on. He's not a NBA level prospect so my bet is he indeed comes back to college.

Why would we want to move on? The guy rebounds his ass off and gets almost all of his points off of put backs. I'd love to see what he could do with a real PG and we have one coming next year. I couldn't possibly care less about his NBA prospects. Hell, we had one legit NBA prospect on our roster the last time we won a national championship. I'll take all the great four year college players I can get and let Duke and Kentucky chase the one and dones for all I care. Give me one every now and then but I'm not selling out for them. I do think that's the way Hubert will go though. I think he has to. If you're going to run a pickup ball scheme you better just roll out more raw talent than your opponent can handle.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would we want to move on? The guy rebounds his ass off and gets almost all of his points off of put backs. I'd love to see what he could do with a real PG and we have one coming next year. I couldn't possibly care less about his NBA prospects. Hell, we had one legit NBA prospect on our roster the last time we won a national championship. I'll take all the great four year college players I can get and let Duke and Kentucky chase the one and dones for all I care. Give me one every now and then but I'm not selling out for them. I do think that's the way Hubert will go though. I think he has to. If you're going to run a pickup ball scheme you better just roll out more raw talent than your opponent can handle.

Im not hating if we bring him back, I just want to see something new. Bacot is what he is a hustle big.

I don't follow the recruiting class like that who should I watch out for next year?