• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown

WarHeel

7 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

I really hope you weren’t on the “brown is a bust” train with 95% of the huddle last year, because this take looks good now, but he was getting absolutely railed last year here.  I won’t go digging in your past, but let’s hope not

Have at it prick. Look up my post history all you want. 

6 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

31st in allowing rushing 1st downs.  30th in allowing rushing yards. Tied for dead last in fumbles lost. Tied for 29th in allowing rushing TDs.

He was moved to NT because he sucked at 3 tech. Teams still run right at Brown and Burns as their main game plan. Result is 7 wins and 3 losses.

Would you want to be called the DL rock of that defense? I'd imagine you'd be aiming to get replaced.

He makes some hero plays. He had a good game in a win against one of the worst team in the NFL. He is run at all the time and teams win more than they lose. Teams give him plenty of opportunities to pad those stats because they know he makes a lot of mistakes and missed tackles while tiring out quickly and giving up on plays when he is beat.

He seemingly played a full game without being lazy and giving up against the Falcons. The result was a win. Someone got on him and he was motivated. Let's see him stay motivated and stop the running game like a SB contending NT can do week in and week out. Let's see offenses give up on game planning to run up the middle on him.

This DL is horrible against the run and can barely tackle. They are built to be a speed rush college DL. If all they had to do was pressure and rush the passer, this D would be #1. Too bad teams can screen pass and run on them easily.

It’s like you don’t watch Carolina football at all… Teams run at YGM all day long, it was even mentioned by the commentators because they were surprised the Falcons were trying to run at Burns side early on. Our LB play is pretty bad so once teams get around YGM (which isn’t that hard) they can get extra yards with ease. Blaming a team stat on one of our few good talents on defense is lazy and simply wrong. 

Brown's development is not unusual for young lineman on both sides of the ball, and good players in general.  Decent to good first year, the "sophomore slump," and then re-establishing themselves in the third year.  The "sophomore slump" is not even necessarily their fault nor really a slump, just the upward curve of their performance slows down.

Anybody tagging somebody a bust until we see them enter their third year, assuming they were not dog dung their first year, is just being reactionary.

Patience, grasshopper.

When you see a DL toss the guy trying to block him to the ground like a rag doll, that is a pretty good indicator.

• Pie 3

20 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s like you don’t watch Carolina football at all… Teams run at YGM all day long, it was even mentioned by the commentators because they were surprised the Falcons were trying to run at Burns side early on. Our LB play is pretty bad so once teams get around YGM (which isn’t that hard) they can get extra yards with ease. Blaming a team stat on one of our few good talents on defense is lazy and simply wrong. 

I'm blaming it on the DL. Burns, Brown, Ioannidis and YGM. They make up one of the worst DLs in the NFL against the run. Teams love to target Burns and Brown with the running game when they are next to each other.

Here's a taste. Let me know if you want more. Don't watch if you don't want to know the truth. Keep your eye on 95 before they pull him from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7CrxOAxZac  Every Mixon run

Edited by CPantherKing

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

I'm blaming it on the DL. Burns, Brown, Ioannidis and YGM. They make up one of the worst DLs in the NFL against the run. Teams love to target Burns and Brown with the running game when they are next to each other.

Here's a taste. Let me know if you want more. Don't watch if you don't want to know the truth. Keep your eye on 95 before they pull him from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7CrxOAxZac  Every Mixon run

You are going to show the game where they pulled Brown because he got hurt?? 
Good For You Applause GIF by TipsyElves.com

• Pie 1